Toast Honour. The. Past.

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember a game we played the Kangas ..might of been a final rucking against Gary Dempsey ..kicked his arse that day ..best game he played I reckon ..ran with him all day ..

Big Percy.

Gags best mate.

Got caught in a nightclub 2 nights before a final in the early 70s.

Jezza took charge, and made an example of his 14 year mate.

Made him sweat, made him run, got the old boy fit...... sorta.

He played a crucial role in ‘79.

The photos are there, Jezza calls up his mate to hold the cup.

Yep.

One of 9 Norm Smith Medallist’s in ‘72.

Personally would have gone for big Percy.
Big Nick kicked 6 Walls kicked 6 and Jezza got 7, all great great Carlton names. I totally agree with you Percy was best that day.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What year did big Nick retire ? Was it 72 or something ,don't remember him playing when i was a boy .can remember Jezza's last couple of years.

What year did big Nick retire ? Was it 72 or something ,don't remember him playing when i was a boy .can remember Jezza's last couple of years.

Played his record game v the Pies at Vikky Park in late ‘74, then jumped/pushed into retirement as Fitzpatrick was on the way over.

Kept the coaching gig for ‘75, then was booted for Thorogood.

I did in primary school and the bloody thing was down to my knees ,didn't give a rats though i had the 8..always played in the back pocket for ages :cry: ,begged the skipper in giving me run in the forward pocket,kicked 4 and the rest is history :flushed:
I wore 34 from u11 to u17. It figures.

I did in primary school and the bloody thing was down to my knees ,didn't give a rats though i had the 8..always played in the back pocket for ages :cry: ,begged the skipper in giving me run in the forward pocket,kicked 4 and the rest is history :flushed:
Love this thread ..it's a ripper.

Huge loss in 1973.

Lost him and Armstrong after the Second Semi Final win.

Tried to cover with Brian Walsh and Vinnie in his first game, Walsh was a goal kicking forward, and so it happened as thus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back