Training 2019 preseason discussion

I have no ******* idea why Keilty is on the list. He has no chance of playing senior footy especially with the recruitment of May.

It goes
May
Omac
Frost
Lever
Petty
Keilty
He's literally the 6th choice FB.
All I can think is that we drafted him so that Casey has an experience full back.
Waste of a list spot.
currently training with the forwards

It’s certainly worth trying him as a tall forward considering our depth in the KPF department. I believe Dec also played a bit forward for Casey in the past too?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah they use him wherever he is needed.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Maybe you could make a list of tall forward depth like the list of tall backs you made on the previous page ...

Tmac
Weid
Preuss
Petracca
Smith
Keilty
Bradtke

It's not great on paper, but Google Geelogs key depth in 2007-9 and Hawks 13-15

You really don't need much when your midfield is better than the opposition.

Tmac
Weid
Preuss
Petracca
Smith
Keilty
Bradtke

It's not great on paper, but Google Geelogs key depth in 2007-9 and Hawks 13-15

You really don't need much when your midfield is better than the opposition.
Assuming you mean tim smith.. joel is also training with the forwards.. would include him as a tall with his height and leap.

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
so is it legit Lever is hoping to be playing round 1 if all goes well with training? like has anybody said that or mfc_players insta page full of s**t. I was expecting 1/3 way through

Nah it’s rubbish. Publicly they’re saying a return to the seniors half way through the season, but I believe he’s more likely to be back a month or 2 prior to that (I’m guessing round 6/7).

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Lever has said he was aiming for round one. But let’s face it he would have been overly optimistic. Especially with the minor set back. I’d say at best he’s back in the side at round 6.

Lever has said he was aiming for round one. But let’s face it he would have been overly optimistic. Especially with the minor set back. I’d say at best he’s back in the side at round 6.
Gotcha, Means he's ready for AFLX

Back