QAFL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon any good coach knows u surround yourself with smart people. Happens at top level too. Alistair Clarkson does it, hardwick does it, not sure y it’s any surprise that a guy at qafl level wouldnt do it

Crowley is a good coach. He was made a scapegoat at Southport. As for Owens. He must be pretty good after taking palmy to 2 flags in a row and a grand final after missing the finals in 2015

Mark Neeld could’ve coached Palm Beaches last 2 Flags.
Good coaches don’t need an open cheque book to achieve success, the last 4 premiership clubs achieved this by spending the most on recruits , not from having the best coaches.
Fact is Perry Meka and Owens would not be premiership coaches with out the high spending budget they had to attract recruits, not saying they are/were dud coaches but $$$$$$ was a big factor

Crowley is a good coach. He was made a scapegoat at Southport. As for Owens. He must be pretty good after taking palmy to 2 flags in a row and a grand final after missing the finals in 2015

Mark Neeld could’ve coached Palm Beaches last 2 Flags and Labradors prior.
Good coaches don’t need an open cheque book to achieve success, the last 4 premiership clubs achieved this by spending the most on recruits , not from having the best coaches.
Fact is Perry Meka and Owens would not be premiership coaches with out the high spending budget they had to attract recruits, not saying they are/were dud coaches but $$$$$$ was a big factor

Ablett, agreed there is a difference between a great coach and great manager/recruiter but it seems the latter that has been getting the silverware lately. If you've got $$$ then you've got the advantage. My hawks hopefully are going to buck that trend by developing within...watch this space

Yo
You still have to go out on the park to win the grand final. They aren’t handed to you because you spent money

Ablett, agreed there is a difference between a great coach and great manager/recruiter but it seems the latter that has been getting the silverware lately. If you've got $$$ then you've got the advantage. My hawks hopefully are going to buck that trend by developing within...watch this space
Shouldn’t your hawks have bulk $$$ if you have pokies ?

Why can’t any other club attract players and spend big dollars?
Fact is Perry Meka and Owens would not be premiership coaches with out the high spending budget they had to attract recruits, not saying they are/were dud coaches but $$$$$$ was a big factor[/QUOT

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends on where and from whom you are prepared to accept revenue from....

Would think Sandgate and the Magpies lead the way in terms of how many genuine club juniors are in their senior sides.

My bet is they'll have a playing coach for some salary cap releif, as I have heard that playing coach match payments don't count towards the cap.

Have Sandgate obtained some additional coaching staff? Just wondering what constitutes an A Grade Coaching Staff Northside?

Or is that just your opinion?

lol Sandgate need some quality players. Coach as good as you want in the end gotta spend the coin to win...
Last 4 premiers all spent 80k plus.

Can't spend that anymore though.

Apart from the big spenders Grange, I reckon the likes of Sherwood, Mt Gravatt, Morningside and Sandgate all spend around $25-35k

they've set a minimum of $32.5k

It includes match awards, vouchers in the club bar etc.

Even we will get over that minimum given what it includes.

I suppose the arguement would Be will it keep clubs from going broke?
Playing devils advocate, and I don’t know the answer, but what would the 3rd tier rl comp in melb be paying their players? I think we live in a false economy sometimes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back