Pre-Season Training 2018-19

Remove this Banner Ad

Who This Bloke?

KRcf9NGD

https://i.postimg.cc/pXzSLG34/Screen-Shot-2018-12-03-at-7-39-16-PM.png

https://postimg.cc/KRcf9NGD

technologymarkets.com.au

I thought that was Madgen

i found a picture of Vince Carter for you.
Though he looks a bit older.
But a drill sergeant at training does make sense.

View attachment 591741
He's there to help simulate match day. That's the facial expression that opponents get when they're told that they have to match up on Jordan Degoey.

Good to see Bucks and most of the list out there today; especially Billy and Darcy. Agree with others the intensity looked pretty strong.

Anyone know who the kid with the dark hair was in the time trial (about 26 sec into clip behind Stepho)? I thought it might have been Appleby but on second watch I'm not so sure. Also makes an appearance over Beams left shoulder at 37 seconds in.

Have we sought permission for anyone to train with us? Could it have been an AIS kid for next year?

Albert Parker mention in an earlier training report that quite a few VFL listed players are also training so maybe Wellings and Ralph (I think)

Albert Parker mention in an earlier training report that quite a few VFL listed players are also training so maybe Wellings and Ralph (I think)

It's not Wellings. I wish our website was up to date so we had all the players photos. We still have Ryan Pendlebury up!

I acknowledge the potential space constraints of our current location but to play devil's advocate.

On what basis are we crowded? An large altitude room we barely use. A gym we probably don't need to share with Melbourne Rebels. A function space we wouldn't pack to capacity very often if ever. We are also capped for members at our Legends category because of Grand Final seating/ticketing capacity.

- Do we need to have a netball team?
- How many more admin people do we need as a not-for-profit and given a soft cap on non-salaried spending? (One of the things Scott Burns noted as he returned to the Club was just how many more staff were there than in his playing days.)
- Do we need a second Etihad-sized ground like Essendon have but probably no other Melbourne-based club?
- Will our space constraint become a competitive disadvantage?

We currently have a start of the art space, conveniently located near the MCG for easy access to assist recovery.
A space which gives us easy access to Gosch's Paddock (if required), the Tan Track etc too.
No issues like a Waverley location or St Kilda's facility in Casey where players were reticent to train either.

But you're right, the Port of Melbourne area, where Melbourne Grammar have built large sporting facilities, is probably where a larger parcel of land could be secured if desired. But I can't see any relative disadvantage to our peers at present.
Well done. I was thinking the same thing. I don’t see any disadvantage in the facility we currently have and I was also trying to think whether we could outgrow it but couldn’t think of a reason why we would. Walking across the road after an MCG Game for recovery is a massive advantage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What kind of players are Trent Bianco, Lachlan Potter and Brock Smith?

Snoop Dog Knightmare Pie 4 Life
Very different ones.

Bianco - Accumulation mid (did play off half-back at times due to Oakleigh's strength in midfield) who can hurt offensively but for me could work on his defensive game further. Oakleigh boy.
Potter - Lightning quick defender, one of the quickest next year IMO, but again highlights good, has things to work on. Northern lad.
Smith - Antagonising defender, good size 188cm, can also play mid which is where I expect him to be next year. Gippy player.

Bianco will be the first taken of those three I'll say, followed by Smith then Potter.

Aren't they just the yearly couple AIS players who train with AFL clubs just like Tom Boyd did a few years ago?

In other words we have no player bidding rights to them.
Yes. That’s already been established.

Appleby looks really fit.

What kind of players are Trent Bianco, Lachlan Potter and Brock Smith?

Snoop Dog Knightmare Pie 4 Life

Potter a ripper. Good size, really quick defender who cuts back on the 45 and runs the angles to open up play. Kicking is a feature. Attacks game, makes mistakes but you want him to be.

Bianco is probably more a mid / flanker type. Nice mover / smooth / good kick. Has time and vision at elite levels. Only 178cm though.

Smith good. Was in Country squad last year. Played HB this year but suspect will be a midfielder and is a good size. He will be in the mix but looking forward to seeing what he does next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back