Player Watch #26 Riley Collier-Dawkins

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
I say good on the Blues for backing themselves if thats the kid they wanted.

Top 2 draft picks don't grow on trees.

minor premiership odds

Fremantle 101 101
St Kilda 151 151
Carlton 501 501
Gold Coast 1001 1001

Stocker was overlooked by AFL clubs 18 times.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ†Ophidian Old Boys๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ and Mizzou
Top 2 draft picks don't grow on trees. Stocker was overlooked by AFL clubs 18 times.
Its a risk but its not one that has failed already like most of us Blurs haters want.

They have a top 1 pick, Stocker and a 1st round next year.

Its not even a sure thing they gave a top 2 pick away next year yet but yes it should be a highish draft pick.

They may have only downgrades anywhere between 4-8 picks yet anyway for Stocker.

I hate the blues more then any team, but to say they got bent over in that trade already is just silly. they are backing themselves to improve next year, and maybe think the crows will drop.

its all a risk , but I like that they back themselves

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Its a risk but its not one that has failed already like most of us Blurs haters want.

Its not even a sure thing they gave a top 2 pick away next year yet but yes it should be a highish draft pick.

They may have only downgrades anywhere between 4-8 picks yet anyway for Stocker.

I hate the blues more then any team, but to say they got bent over in that trade already is just silly. they are backing themselves to improve next year, and maybe think the crows will drop.

I don't disagree; Yet its risky indeed to come last with two wins, have a very young midfield / list, and trade away a projected top 2 draft pick & overlook best available talent over needs based drafting.

Stocker is an interesting one for Richmond fans as he was linked to the tigers in seemly all phantom drafts, several months out.

CPD-2-R1-3.png

http://www.hpnfooty.com/?p=31341

I know it's the off season. Is it just me or are we spending too much time talking about what the blues have done or are doing on the Tiger's boards??

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
I know it's the off season. Is it just me or are we spending too much time talking about what the blues have done or are doing on the Tiger's boards??

Riley Collier-Dawkins drafted directly after Stocker, with the first time a live pick has been traded so its sort of related. A poor mans version of Tambling/Franklin.

It'll be more fun than usual watching Carlton tanking as they don't have their first round pick

Last edited:

Agreed. The Blues have banked heavily on Stocker not only being a really low risk B grade AFL player, but a low risk B+/A grader. And that they won't be bottom 2 next year, and the Crows aren't done yet on their nightmare from the 2017 GF :D.

I personally reckon they're off on both campaigners. But there is no reason that Stocker won't be a damn good player and the Blues play better than I expect in 2019. Still if they have egg all over their face in a few years :thumbsu::rainbow::rainbow:

Tiger_Of_Old

๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†
Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Riley Collier-Dawkins drafted directly after Stocker, with the first time a live pick has been traded so its sort of related. A poor mans version of Tambling/Franklin.

It'll be more fun than usual watching Carlton tanking as they don't have their first round pick
From our position though it has nothing to do with us whatever the outcome.We didn't have too choose between the 2.Hope both kids have a great career at their respective clubs(Obviously RCD too have a better one),Having said that Carlton IMO paid way to much for Stocker nonetheless,

Tiger_Of_Old

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond

Tiger_Of_Old

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond

JAKLAUGHING

Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
From our position though it has nothing to do with us whatever the outcome.We didn't have too choose between the 2.Hope both kids have a great career at their respective clubs(Obviously RCD too have a better one),Having said that Carlton IMO paid way to much for Stocker nonetheless,
Think that is the issue...Stocker is a good pick, but was it overs and worth it!?

Roksman

Premiership Player
Feb 12, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
How good would it be to see our vision of Carlton trading in before us? Could just imagine us saying "Oh no, they're gonna take RCD" then the cheeky laughs when they pick Stocker instead (not saying Stocker is a dud, but we clearly wanted RCD).

Would also be good to hear how we were trying to trade with Port / WBD to get into the top 10.

Ancient Tiger

Sep 18, 2007
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond
It all depends on where they rated Stocker if he was in next years draft and if he was worth the slide.
Obviously they did
It's pretty hard to rate players for next years draft now. There are so many who develop strongly during that year and change in their body. Take Clayton Oliver for instance. He was hardly rated the year before being drafted. Even during that year he wasn't being noticed till late. Then he came from nowhere in the last month or two prior to the draft. He is now a gun. Making decisions so far out is fraught with danger.

Last edited:

Next year 8-15. So we could say that we've got a top 10 pick :drunk:

But it's good to hear that the Saints reckon RCD was the guy with sky high potential. Similar to the top 8 this year (pretty damn good this 2018 top end crop) but with a patchy track record. Reinforces that if we get this right we've just nailed the draft big time this year. But obviously a lot of work for the development team in this year's crop for the RFC.

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Coaching staff felt English and Fraser werent far off AFL level tanks before preseason started. By all accounts Ross is impressing too.

If Ross has or can get a bit of a tank, with his speed that will do wonders for his inner mid and wing opportunities!!

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Did he finish ahead of Grigg ("elite runner") in the tan 3k?

I have no idea. I was replying to the quote where I was not sure if Ross was impressing in terms of general competitiveness or impressing with a specific bearing to the fitness/endurance aspect in the context of English and Fraser noted as having tanks not far off AFL level from the get go. Maybe Tony, the original poster, might be able to elaborate.

Tiger_Of_Old

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Think that is the issue...Stocker is a good pick, but was it overs and worth it!?
Particular if next yrs pick 2 goes onto be a triple Brownlow medalist for the crows

Back