Past Kieren Jack - retired 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Good on him. I always marvel at the players who fit in study amongst the rigours of professional football. That could honestly have impacted his form if he was spreading himself too thin across multiple things. Good way to avoid the post football blues though.

Well done Kieren. I know from experience that a part time MBA can be hard, what with having to fit study around work and life. I hope the Swans were as supportive of you as my employer was of me. The rewards are certainly worth it.

Oh for ****s sake. Jack is not even named in the bests for the NEAFL game he played in, and yet Longmire wants to just waltz him back into the team ahead of players who actually played well.
Woah, slow down Fangio. More often than not, the best players are drawn from a hat in the Magoos!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woah, slow down Fangio. More often than not, the best players are drawn from a hat in the Magoos!

I think they actually got it right this time though. From my observation it was clearly Rose > daylight > Rowbottom > daylight > Clarke > daylight > the rest. COR was named in the best but I felt he got quite a few cheapies and few that really showcased what he could do as a half back flanker. Still, I think he was stiff to be dropped in the first place and seems the most obvious replacement for McVeigh.

I don't rate Rose as you well know but I think it would be unfair for Jack to come in for Hayward instead of Rose given he played a significantly better game on the weekend.

Right. But what if he's selected as a defensive forward?

Possibly, but was he playing as a defensive forward in the NEAFL? Even so, a defensive forward is a really negative mindset to go into a game with, someone we know won't impact in terms of actually having the ball, but rather someone we hope might be able to lay a few tackles in the forward line. I would rather go with a young player who offers a bit more offensively.

Right. But what if he's selected as a defensive forward?

Then he needed to win 30 touches and lay 6 tackles in the forward half like Rowbottom did or hit the scoreboard for four goals like Rose did. He was far from the best by any measure required to get Jack back in the team.

Or maybe a half back to replace McVeigh?

Honestly, the way people on this board write off our older players is ridiculous.

So a player is on the fringe of our best 22 and then isn't in the bests in the reserves, and we are writing him off because we don't think he should be selected this week? I don't deny my faith in Jack is diminishing but I'm not writing off his ability to contribute in the senior team. It just shouldn't be this week when he hasn't warranted it.

Then he needed to win 30 touches and lay 6 tackles in the forward half like Rowbottom did or hit the scoreboard for four goals like Rose did. He was far from the best by any measure required to get Jack back in the team.

Mate he has been tried and tried. He is not AFL Standard. Exceptional players go from NEAFL to AFL And step up to the standard. He has not looked like it. Not against Rowbottom debuting in front of Jack. He is the Future and Jack was the past but Jack before Rose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back