7Cricket Vs Fox Cricket

Who has the better coverage?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching people convince themselves that Fox is far better because they've spent money on it gets fairly repetitive.
Mate I watched about 20 minutes of it on channel 7 at the old folks home on Sunday, Foxtel's coverage absolutely shits all over 7 from great height. The only reason I could think of preferring 7 is if you like watching ads.

Mate I watched about 20 minutes of it on channel 7 at the old folks home on Sunday, Foxtel's coverage absolutely shits all over 7 from great height. The only reason I could think of preferring 7 is if you like watching ads.
Agreed, all 7 has is punter....who is excellent.

The analysis has been excellent. Warne banging on about Kohli dancing was putrid.

Gerard/Crash overdoing the intros I find with a whole lot of faux excitement. I don't think it works quite as well as the AFL version but might improve as the summer goes on.

Me and my mates have developed a system of what channel to watch:

Start on Channel 7, is Ponting on? If no, switch to Fox.

When on Fox, is Warne on? If yes, switch back to 7.

When back on 7, is Slater on? If yes, place gun in mouth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've found Warne to be pretty good in the main so far, Harsha for one tends to bring out the best in him, but then he does that with everyone I reckon

When i read harsha bogles name i say it in harshas accent. Harsh-a Bow-glay

Me and my mates have developed a system of what channel to watch:

Start on Channel 7, is Ponting on? If no, switch to Fox.

When on Fox, is Warne on? If yes, switch back to 7.

When back on 7, is Slater on? If yes, place gun in mouth.
2013 up until last year this would’ve been an excellent strategy, I think Warne has improved since moving to Fox. I bet it’s only a matter of time before he turns into a drooling fool again though so endorsed anyway.

2013 up until last year this would’ve been an excellent strategy, I think Warne has improved since moving to Fox. I bet it’s only a matter of time before he turns into a drooling fool again though so endorsed anyway.
He just does not stop talking. He can't just make a point once, he has to go on and on and on and on about it.

Last edited:
7 missing Lyon's Hattrick ball for a BCF ad was a pretty massive fail... Slats is a pain as well must be kept away from the touch screen/skill demos.

Didn't foxsports sign healy?

He was one reason i thought they would be pretty ordinary hopefully he is gone for all the tests and not just this one.
He’s only appeared in a couple of JLT Cup games so far. Hopefully that’s all he’s at Fox for.

One thing that’s started to piss me off a bit on any Australian cricket coverage - even radio - is this never ending criticism of captains and their decisions/tactics. I have no problem with them pointing out some questionable decisions and ideas but they harp on about it for overs at a time when in reality maybe they need to accept that just like batting and bowling, captaincy is a skill and even the best don’t always get it right all the time. Point out the possible mistake and move on.
This has always pissed me off a lot. Warne has usually been the biggest instigator of this too. Loved him as a bowler but as a commentator, I can't stand him. It's always the touring side's captain he's ripping into as well and drags it on for overs at a time. The australian bias is way over the top with Warne which makes it embarrassing to watch sometimes as an Australian fan.

The coverage this year has been a lot better and I do like the variety Fox is bringing this year with Isa & Neroli. Isa has such a calming voice you could listen to for hours I might add.

Back