Endless Summer of Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He batted quite well, took a good ball to get him out. He makes batting look so very easy at times, you can see why the selectors pick him, particularly in Australia.

Can anyone tell me what the deal with KG and Kerry O'Keefe is/was? I know there is some major beef there cause KG refused to interview him on the drive show but can't remember what it was.
probably similar to chappell and Botham, something said 40 years ago, neither one of them is adult enough to let it go

Talk that Paine has busted the same finger hes had all the trouble with.

Talk that Paine has busted the same finger hes had all the trouble with.
Oh crap.

Carey in, Haselwood as our 1st bowling captain for a while..

Edit- CA bring back Mitch Marsh as captain.

Wtf ...?
First ball --- the very! first!! ball !!! --- after lunch, all Paine had to do was drop his hands and sway back a little, Captain-like. Nothing reckless, just common sense and good leadership.
But, no.
He just HAD to have a go at that benign pie-chucker Bumrah's loosener, and throw his wicket (and his credibility) away:poo:.
Fmd.

Dizzy Gillespie, of all batsmen, is now talking on 7 about how the situation requires some hard-nosed defensive play.
Dizzy, not from this mob mate. :(

Wtf ...?
First ball --- the very! first!! ball !!! --- after lunch, all Paine had to do was drop his hands and sway back a little, Captain-like. Nothing reckless, just common sense and good leadership.
But, no.
He just HAD to have a go at that benign pie-chucker Bumrah's loosener, and throw his wicket (and his credibility) away:poo:.
Fmd.

Dizzy Gillespie, of all batsmen, is now talking on 7 about how the situation requires some hard-nosed defensive play.
Dizzy, not from this mob mate. :(
Lol, Paine doesn't lose credibility on that one dismissal!

Massive overreaction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol, Paine doesn't lose credibility on that one dismissal!
Massive overreaction.
Yours, or mine? ;)

Calm down, KM, it's OK if I say he's lost cred with me. Why? s**t shot/dismissal today, plus in 15 Tests I don't remember a single one where he led or inspired or played us to a win.
You don't think so? No worries *shrug* :).

Ponting said on Ch. 7 that Paine's the best keeper in the world and he's a muchmuch better judge than me.
I just don't think he's Australian Test Captain material. Nice bloke, but too bland imo. A pigeon is more animated than him.

Yours, or mine? ;)

Calm down, KM, it's OK if I say he's lost cred with me. Why? s**t shot/dismissal today, plus in 15 Tests I don't remember a single one where he led or inspired or played us to a win.

Ponting said on Ch. 7 that Paine's the best keeper in the world and he's a muchmuch better judge than me.
I just don't think he's Australian Test Captain material. Nice bloke, but too bland imo. A pigeon is more animated than him.
You were the one who made the outlandish statement... so its you who is making the massive overreaction. ;)

Your reasoning on leadership qualities is even funnier..

I don't follow Cricket these days ....but what are the test averages of our test batsman now compared to other decades ?

Very similar to the early to mid 80s. Lots of late 20s (seeing our openers then were hitting around 26 to 29 average)-early 40s in the mix with a shining light above 50.

Very similar to the early to mid 80s. Lots of late 20s (seeing our openers then were hitting around 26 to 29 average)-early 40s in the mix with a shining light above 50.
I'm not disputing, but I would have thought the average would have been in the 40's ......where's the stats when you need them

Yours, or mine? ;)

He doesnt lose anything with his shot today, nothing at all.

Yours, or mine? ;)

Paine was a good keeper a few years ago.

He's a good bloke and he's in for that reason. Had about a billion byes in the second innings.

I'm not disputing, but I would have thought the average would have been in the 40's ......where's the stats when you need them

Australian cricket in the 80s wasn't solid, though it didn't help that they got a lot of match ups against the Windes.

But picking on the side we took to England in 1985 our team (and all it's options) with their averages at the end of their career were (worth noting a couple of players were banned due to some drama in South Africa, and of course you have players like Boon who were just establishing at this point):

Border: 50.56
Boon: 43.65
Matthews: 41.08
Wessels: 41.00
Ritche: 35.20
Phillips: 32.28
Wood: 31.83
Hilditch: 31.55
O'Donnell: 25.83
Bennett: 23.66

Status
Not open for further replies.