Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't see where else to post this.

Ex AFL boss Demetriou to be grilled under oath re involvement with failed Acquire Learning which took hundreds of millions of dollars in government funding before collapsing owing $145m... investigation into possible crimes committed by directors & officers of Acquire

Couldn't see where else to post this.

Ex AFL boss Demetriou to be grilled under oath re involvement with failed Acquire Learning which took hundreds of millions of dollars in government funding before collapsing owing $145m... investigation into possible crimes committed by directors & officers of Acquire
just desserts

He can rot in jail, the fat campaigner. Just a detestable human being. **** him.
FYI rich, well connected people don't go to jail, that's reserved for normal folk.

He'll get strips torn off him in court and then the lawyer will trot out a bunch of character references, and before you know it he'll be sentenced to 200 hours community service which will be halved and fully suspended on appeal.

Oh that is so s**t.
Thoughts are with him, it hasn't been confirmed so maybe there is a slight hope (i know its small)

Edit: * it was confirmed. That is absolutely rotten

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fine, I'll be that guy.

I don't really care when an opposition player goes down with injury. AFL is a game of attrition, and when good players from opposition clubs go down, it hurts the chances of that side succeeding.

He's not dying, his family home isn't now in danger because he can't work. In fact, with the support networks around football clubs, chances are he'll get a chance to further a pursuit outside of football that will assist him post-footy.

Don't confuse that with wishing injury on anyone, but meh, the platitudes that resemble a real tragedy aren't for me - he'll be fine.

Fine, I'll be that guy.

I don't really care when an opposition player goes down with injury. AFL is a game of attrition, and when good players from opposition clubs go down, it hurts the chances of that side succeeding.

He's not dying, his family home isn't now in danger because he can't work. In fact, with the support networks around football clubs, chances are he'll get a chance to further a pursuit outside of football that will assist him post-footy.

Don't confuse that with wishing injury on anyone, but meh, the platitudes that resemble a real tragedy aren't for me - he'll be fine.
You can have different levels of sympathy.

To feel bad that Sam has done an ACL again doesn't mean it's bigger than world hunger or mass death tolls, yeah he'll be fine and yes he has plenty of cash, it's still a very s**t thing to happen to him.

Fine, I'll be that guy.

I feel bad a guys dream is shattered.

It’s not life or death but it’s pretty sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back