News Nissan joins the Hawks as its official automotive partner

Remove this Banner Ad

Announced earlier this afternoon. Nissan replaces Audi as the Hawks' "official automotive partner". The Hawks signed Nissan to a three year agreement.

Nissan's logo will appear on playing shorts in the AFL and VFLW, as well as the apparel of Hawthorn coaches, among other "club assets".

Nissan also currently sponsors the Melbourne City Football Club and Netball Australia.

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2018-12-10/nissan-driving-the-hawks-in-2019

Nissan is a more valuable brand (real dollars not prestige factor) and more profitable company compared to VW (Audi’s parent). This is an upgrade in sponsors for mine. Glad Nissan chose to be aligned with us.

Edit: some of the above could be me talking out of my arse.

Last edited:
There's no way we undertook a 3 year deal, that we knew a fair way out wasn't renewing, and have trundled along unable to find a replacement without issues being part of the equation.
And if Audi just dropped it on us at the last second and we hadn't been talking with them with great seriousness at least 12 months out, then we were screwing the pooch.
And if, none of it has been problematic, it's extraordinary we haven't been able to line someone up who's excited by the partnership with a club of our success, unless....

Congrats to Nissan on our new Sponsor.

I wonder what Flinchfree has to say now after his ranting a few weeks ago.

There's no way we undertook a 3 year deal, that we knew a fair way out wasn't renewing, and have trundled along unable to find a replacement without issues being part of the equation.
And if Audi just dropped it on us at the last second and we hadn't been talking with them with great seriousness at least 12 months out, then we were screwing the pooch.
And if, none of it has been problematic, it's extraordinary we haven't been able to line someone up who's excited by the partnership with a club of our success, unless....

Congrats to Nissan on our new Sponsor.

I wonder what Flinchfree has to say now after his ranting a few weeks ago.

Geez you've got a loud mouth on this forum.
You and Ned can go frollick through the Jeffrey leaves of magnificence together and never look back.
Please, seriously, it will make for lovely photos for the two of you to share...
Oh, I'm sure wahawk won't want to be left out of the gang who follows my every word, so be sure to text him your whereabouts.:thumbsu:

Nissan is a more valuable brand (real dollars not prestige factor) and more profitable company compared to VW (Audi’s parent). This is an upgrade in sponsors for mine. Glad Nissan chose to be aligned with us.
Are you sure about this? VW group is the top ranked global car manufacturer. The Volkswagen family includes VW, Audi, Skoda, SEAT, Spyker, Scania, Bugatti, Bentley, and Lamborghini.

Renault-Nissan ranked third. Toyota second. These are in terms of production numbers. In terms of company value, VW is #1 with 100Billion and Nissan 9th with 40billion.

Not sure how to measure it on pure profit, though.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you sure about this? VW group is the top ranked global car manufacturer. The Volkswagen family includes VW, Audi, Skoda, SEAT, Spyker, Scania, Bugatti, Bentley, and Lamborghini.

Renault-Nissan ranked third. Toyota second. These are in terms of production numbers. In terms of company value, VW is #1 with 100Billion and Nissan 9th with 40billion.

Links I read from 2017 and 2018 had those figures. It was my only 20 minutes spare today when I wasn’t being head*ed by work so it’s entirely possibly I’m wrong.

My overarching point was, sure you’re mate who owns an Audi is probably going to outearn your mate who drives a Pulsar - but Nissan is a pretty good company to have on board regardless.

Awesome! I just bought a Fiat, which is a rebadge of a Renault, which can also be rebadged as a Nissan, who are the parent company anyway.

The web of car manufacturer ownership baffles the s**t out of me - but I don’t think Fiat-Chrysler is linked with Renault-Nissan. Happy to stand corrected as I have a Fiat 500 myself and would happily have it tentatively linked to HFC in some regard.

The web of car manufacturer ownership baffles the s**t out of me - but I don’t think Fiat-Chrysler is linked with Renault-Nissan. Happy to stand corrected as I have a Fiat 500 myself and would happily have it tentatively linked to HFC in some regard.
The guy from the dealership rattled off something about how Fiat had invented a technology that Renault uses extensively.

Links I read from 2017 and 2018 had those figures. It was my only 20 minutes spare today when I wasn’t being head****ed by work so it’s entirely possibly I’m wrong.

My overarching point was, sure you’re mate who owns an Audi is probably going to outearn your mate who drives a Pulsar - but Nissan is a pretty good company to have on board regardless.
No arguments there, mate. Quite happy with the arrangement (as I would be even if the sponsor was Smart Fortwo)

Less premium than VW, perhaps more aligned with Hawthorn families, though?

I don't know.. what difference in benefits exist between the Nissan and Audi contracts outside of the monetary component?

Geez you've got a loud mouth on this forum.
You and Ned can go frollick through the Jeffrey leaves of magnificence together and never look back.
Please, seriously, it will make for lovely photos for the two of you to share...
Oh, I'm sure wahawk won't want to be left out of the gang who follows my every word, so be sure to text him your whereabouts.:thumbsu:
They won’t have to text me.
I know where to find them ;)

But thanks for thinking of me, it’s so sweet of you :hearteyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back