Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
kdjhwbefie

AFL is a game of attrition, and when good players from opposition clubs go down, it hurts the chances of that side succeeding.

He's not dying, his family home isn't now in danger because he can't work. In fact, with the support networks around football clubs, chances are he'll get a chance to further a pursuit outside of football that will assist him post-footy.

Don't confuse that with wishing injury on anyone, but meh, the platitudes that resemble a real tragedy aren't for me - he'll be fine.

You can't be surprised that people are taking issue with this. It's pretty pointless.

You can't be surprised that people are taking issue with this. It's pretty pointless.

I'm not at all surprised.

I'm not so naive that I didn't realise when I put it up people wouldn't like it.

but mate he gets to pursue a non-football thing. isn't that cool. and because this is his second knee he gets to pursue a second non-football thing. if you think about it, it's really good luck and we should be happy for him

He plays for Carlton. Doesn't that already count as a non-football thing?

Precisely.

I think you'd be genuinely amazed at how little I give a **** about what the vast majority of people think.

Why post then?

Just don’t. People just don’t want to read that s**t.

Say nice things, be a nice person. Go on, try it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you sure spend a lot of time telling people how little you care about what people think

I do?

Just did a quick search, and it was quick so I may be wrong, but I reckon that was about the only time in the last six months.

Why post then?

Just don’t. People just don’t want to read that s**t.

Say nice things, be a nice person. Go on, try it.

I see.

And what exactly was not nice about what I said?

"AFL is a game of attrition, and when good players from opposition clubs go down, it hurts the chances of that side succeeding.

He's not dying, his family home isn't now in danger because he can't work. In fact, with the support networks around football clubs, chances are he'll get a chance to further a pursuit outside of football that will assist him post-footy.

Don't confuse that with wishing injury on anyone, but meh, the platitudes that resemble a real tragedy aren't for me - he'll be fine."

What part of that is not nice?

I see.

And what exactly was not nice about what I said?

"AFL is a game of attrition, and when good players from opposition clubs go down, it hurts the chances of that side succeeding.

Don't confuse that with wishing injury on anyone, but meh, the platitudes that resemble a real tragedy aren't for me - he'll be fine."

What part of that is not nice?

You’ve already admitted to me that you knew people would pull you up on it. You’re being a shithead, frankly.

But yeah it’s lovely. You’re a good bloke.

You’ve already admitted to me that you knew people would pull you up on it. You’re being a shithead, frankly.

But yeah it’s lovely. You’re a good bloke.

I didn't say it was lovely.

And a shithead... putting forth a view that I don't really care about an opposition player being injured in a non-life threatening way. And knowing that said view won't be widely shared =/= being deliberately antagonistic.

The rush to be offended. My god it's pathetic.

And a shithead... putting forth a view that I don't really care about an opposition player being injured in a non-life threatening way. And knowing that said view won't be widely shared =/= being deliberately antagonistic.

It’s not just me mate. Take a look around.

Declaring you are going to be "that guy" was pathetic.

Just don't do it.

It’s not just me mate. Take a look around.

And see what? A bunch of people that want to be offended because I didn't wail in grief at a sporting injury? That's going to make me see the error of my ways, is it?

And see what? A bunch of people that want to be offended because I didn't wail in grief at a sporting injury? That's going to make me see the error of my ways, is it?
Noone wailed in grief.

But by all means continue with the imaginative narrative to rail against.

You can just not post. No one asked you to wail, no one asked you to be that guy.

People want to show support for someone and when you come in with posts like that, you’re actually undermining them too.

Do you get that or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back