Opinion Jeff Kennett News, Media etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

I CAN however show you how we've lost valuable staff under his stewardship.
I CAN show you the lack of clear and definable progress being made at Dingley.
I CAN show you a continued pattern of poor working relationships with his other industry colleagues.
I CAN show you zero headway in gaining a spot for a HFC women's team in the National league, debatable as that is to being important for the club's future.
I CAN show you no agreed upon strategy for a long term playing relationship in Tassie, and what that means if it were to fall over.
I CAN show you the loss of a MAJOR long term sponsor, under circumstances not yet really explained, and the lack of transparency over replacing that deal.

What CAN you show me, that wasn't already in tow such as yearly increases in membership numbers?

Now that we have gained our replacement sponsor, i wonder what will flinchfree reaction be

flinchfree how good is this? Nissan used to partner with Usain Bolt, so they have a good eye for champions!

:thumbsu:

Now that we have gained our replacement sponsor, i wonder what will flinchfree reaction be

You really doth protest too much.
My opinion is just that. The forum doesn't need to give a crap what I think, or stop and make comment on it. There are times when I simply feel the need to offer my thoughts where I feel there is value in doing so. The value is for me, not you or other posters.
It comes from a place where I was taught that when you see something that strikes you wrong or worth noting, show the steel to do so.
Also probably comes from being the grandchild of immigrant Holocaust survivors. Holding your tongue had very dark consequences for generations of peoples and I'm consequently just not the shy and retiring type.

My feelings stand.
Kennett arouses very conflicting feelings within me.
I see the human being within him who cares deeply about his fellow man, and I also see the self aggrandizing bozo who smashes s**t up just because he can.
He nearly smashed my very favourite coach of all time into enough bits he'd never have been put together again at Hawthorn, and our successes and history would have been horrendously shortfalled.

I'll be happy for the club to survive his leadership and am far less convinced he'll have added much that another well considered hire could not have improved upon. I'm also good with those who think otherwise.

That's ok mate isn't it? Surely I don't have to think what you think to be a participant on here that has occasional value to this community.:huh:

My opinion is just that. The forum doesn't need to give a crap what I think, or stop and make comment on it. There are times when I simply feel the need to offer my thoughts where I feel there is value in doing so. The value is for me, not you or other posters.
It comes from a place where I was taught that when you see something that strikes you wrong or worth noting, show the steel to do so.
Also probably comes from being the grandchild of immigrant Holocaust survivors. Holding your tongue had very dark consequences for generations of peoples and I'm consequently just not the shy and retiring type.

My feelings stand.
I see the human being within him who cares deeply about his fellow man, and I also see the self aggrandizing bozo who smashes s**t up just because he can.
He nearly smashed my very favourite coach of all time into enough bits he'd never have been put together again at Hawthorn, and our successes and history would have been horrendously shortfalled.

I'll be happy for the club to survive his leadership and am far less convinced he'll have added much that another well considered hire could not have improved upon. I'm also good with those who think otherwise.

That's ok mate isn't it? Surely I don't have to think what you think to be a participant on here that has occasional value to this community.:huh:
I like your reply

But as long as you are prepared to receive some harsh comments back when people disagree with your equally harsh comments .........

I like your reply

But as long as you are prepared to receive some harsh comments back when people disagree with your equally harsh comments .........

Who did I call stupid, or henny penny?

Tell me from the below, the harsh comments I made?

"I CAN however show you how we've lost valuable staff under his stewardship.
I CAN show you the lack of clear and definable progress being made at Dingley.
I CAN show you a continued pattern of poor working relationships with his other industry colleagues.
I CAN show you zero headway in gaining a spot for a HFC women's team in the National league, debatable as that is to being important for the club's future.
I CAN show you no agreed upon strategy for a long term playing relationship in Tassie, and what that means if it were to fall over.
I CAN show you the loss of a MAJOR long term sponsor, under circumstances not yet really explained, and the lack of transparency over replacing that deal.

What CAN you show me, that wasn't already in tow such as yearly increases in membership numbers?"

My feelings stand.

It sounds like yourself and Jeff both say something, if you see something you think is not right.

It sounds like yourself and Jeff both say something, if you see something you think is not right.

Yeh, I don't mind at all that he makes note of where the HFC gets shortchanged by AFL policy or lack thereof.
I also think he'd easily have a cadre, a consensus amongst fellow presidents that could present a block power to effect change, if he didn't slag off every other club at every stupid opportunity.
Difference is I'm on some nondescript supporter forum exchanging views that have zero impact on how our club gets what it wants. I assure, I'm much more diplomatic in my work world and personal one with wife and kids and largely use judgement and the kind of verbiage likely to bring the change I think is important.
Jeff uses a sledgehammer to open jars of jam.
All good, if you think he's an effective leader using the style that's inimitably his own I'm happy for that to be the predominant thinking and accept my view is a minority one.

Prefer that people were able to understand that other views can be different, without being stupid, or inappropriate to be shared, and calling out a poster endlessly because they don't agree is hardly the mark of superior mental faculty or cleverness.

Flinch, I was most likely wrong on a post I made today so I have zero highground here. And I do know your concerns with Jeff, while I disagree with the extent of them, are borne out of a love for the club so I’m not here to score points. That said, are you starting to come around that we might be in a slightly better place now than at the end of last season?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Audi logo patched over in recent training outings. Not sure if it ended well
not sure what you are talking about

if the sponsorship was over they aren't going to leave the logo up

and we now know the new sponsor is a competitor, they wouldn't want Audi logo's up either

not sure what you are talking about

if the sponsorship was over they aren't going to leave the logo up

and we now know the new sponsor is a competitor, they wouldn't want Audi logo's up either

Could very well be, but apart from rvs I don’t see where they actually compete

Maybe there’s an economy drive, using up the old training stock (and I have no hidden meaning there btw)
Audi logo patched over in recent training outings. Not sure if it ended well

Maybe there’s an economy drive, using up the old training stock (and I have no hidden meaning there btw)
I have no idea what you are trying to say. They are both global car manufacturers and they are not part of the same corporation. They are competitors, they have competing models and brands, maybe not in the way BMW and Audi are in this country but to think Nissan would be happy with seeing Audi stuff plastered all over the club that they are now the sponsor of seems a little strange

Are you that desperate to find fire that you’re now inventing smoke? We had a new sponsor in the works, of course we’re going to cover up the logo of a rival - whether they are going after the same demographic or not.

We’re also not going to give free exposure to a company who is no longer paying us for the privilege.

the nissan hut is very popular... hung on the left wing of the sans populair... dividing range of mercantile travel vehicles...

it is also a hut from the WWII variety of living domiciles.. correct me if I am wrong... welcome aboard...

Are you that desperate to find fire that you’re now inventing smoke? We had a new sponsor in the works, of course we’re going to cover up the logo of a rival - whether they are going after the same demographic or not.

We’re also not going to give free exposure to a company who is no longer paying us for the privilege.

I get it. Only syrupy sycophant praise is allowed In any thread where jeff gets a mention.

I take it you aren’t disputing that the logos were covered up? Is it allowed to even say that?

Would you like the ‘not sure it ended well’ comment redacted? It seemed quite mild to me.

It sounds like you protest a little too much frankly.

FWIW I wouldn’t buy from either company. Audi too expensive, Nissan too s**t. iiNet. Pass. Tassie done that.

Pretty happy The contribute to the bottom line though

I get it. Only syrupy sycophant praise is allowed In any thread where jeff gets a mention.

I take it you aren’t disputing that the logos were covered up? Is it allowed to even say that?

Would you like the ‘not sure it ended well’ comment redacted? It seemed quite mild to me.

It sounds like you protest a little too much frankly.

FWIW I wouldn’t buy from either company. Audi too expensive, Nissan too s**t. iiNet. Pass. Tassie done that.

Pretty happy The contribute to the bottom line though
no argument there but problem is as car does... leather seats might help ...

How ironic that Jeff himself is fond of linguistic flourishes, but mere members need to think twice before even a mild joke in any bigfooty forum where Jeff’s being might be slighted.

The guy himself would just laugh, and come back with something wittier. You apologists are just boring shits in comparison.

I have never met Jeff but I kind of wonder how much taller than me he would be.. in other words might I be put
off by his extra centimetres to my five plus six...

anyhoooo .. I love thinking that I am playing a game with him as well as the other leaders of the Hawks.. i.e. Alastair and so on..

this is what charms me the most about Big Footy.. that I wonder just who I am talking to... :)

How ironic that Jeff himself is fond of linguistic flourishes, but mere members need to think twice before even a mild joke in any bigfooty forum where Jeff’s being might be slighted.

The guy himself would just laugh, and come back with something wittier. You apologists are just boring shits in comparison.
Maybe I'm giving Jeff too little credit but I don't think he had two fifths of * all to do with either Audi leaving or Nissan arriving as a sponsor.

I do wonder why after we announce a new sponsor you come into this particular thread musing about why an ex sponsors logos were removed after they became an ex sponsor.

While we were without a replacement for Audi the usual suspects were arguing it was all Jeff's fault or that anyone who thought it was Jeff's fault was an idiot, so maybe it makes sense to continue arguing over this sort of stuff, but it's not news and it's not related to Kennett as far as I can tell, other than it's club news.

The Jeff can do no wrong crew is about as boring as the Jeff can do no right crew. Truth as always is somewhere in between.

Maybe I'm giving Jeff too little credit but I don't think he had two fifths of **** all to do with either Audi leaving or Nissan arriving as a sponsor.

I do wonder why after we announce a new sponsor you come into this particular thread musing about why an ex sponsors logos were removed after they became an ex sponsor.

While we were without a replacement for Audi the usual suspects were arguing it was all Jeff's fault or that anyone who thought it was Jeff's fault was an idiot, so maybe it makes sense to continue arguing over this sort of stuff, but it's not news and it's not related to Kennett as far as I can tell, other than it's club news.

The Jeff can do no wrong crew is about as boring as the Jeff can do no right crew. Truth as always is somewhere in between.
the story is not infected by this at all. It is only led by those who play the game in the right way.. the sponsors are one part but they are
also a sentimental part of the whole.. it is not Jeff it is not anyone of the coaches nor is it about the Hawthorn brand...

awe is not concluded by games alone..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back