Fox Footy's replays of past games

Remove this Banner Ad

^^Heatley's first ever game for the Saints in fact. Booted 73 that year, I don't know how WCE didn't give him more of a go when they struggled for Goals in the 3 seasons they had him. Or at least struggled for a regular goal scorer.

edited -
'' Heatley played in 17 of 22 matches in the 1997 AFL Premiership Season home and away rounds in which St Kilda Football Club qualified in first position for the 1997 AFL Finals Series, winning the club’s second Minor Premiership and first McClelland Trophy.[4] ''

Heatley played in the 1997 AFL Grand Final in which St Kilda was defeated by 31 points. He was the third highest goalkicker in the AFL that year, behind Tony Modra and Saverio Rocca ''

Had he played in the other 5 games, would have gone close to the ton.

Had the '66 Grand Final on as well tonight I believe.

St.K vs Pies 1997 round 3 on now was an absolute belter. 6 from Everitt and 5 from Heatley I believe in a shootout. Loved the 1997 Saints and emergence of Jason Heatley.
Watched the last quarter this morning.

Boy did the Rocca’s * up a few critical attacking plays between them that day.

Has been tremendous this off season. They always do a good job regardless. But in the short amount of time the season's been done and dusted, they've put on an absolute clinic. Yesterday they had the 1980 Grand Final between Richmond and Collingwood, Bulldogs vs WCE round 1 in 2004 where there were 40+ goals kicked including 7 from Jade Rawlings { Which wasn't enough } and the drawn game between Sydney and Essendon on a Friday night in 96 where the Swans were about to begin a massive and unforeseen run to the Grand Final. They also had '' the come back '' where the Dons erased the biggest ever deficit in the history of the game chasing down a 69 point margin against the Kangaroos.

The day before they showed Collingwood vs WCE, Round 2, 2002 where Brodie Holland kicked 8 goals in a one point win. It was Chris Judd's first game for WCE, another high scoring affair.

Dogs vs Cats at Optus Oval round 2, 1999. Geelong won booting 24 goals to the Doggies 20 including 7 majors from Nathan Brown.

Round 1 2007, Grand Final rematch Sydney vs a depleted WCE who hung on to win by a point, the 3rd successive meeting between the clubs that ended that way { twice in the finals in 2006 it finished one point to each side }

The list is endless. Foxtel is s**t but it's worth it's weight in gold with Sport and in particular Fox Footy.

They're s**t. One of the main reasons I quit foxtel was the content on fox footy. It's disgustingly lazy for the money paid. It is literally the same 5 programs repeated 5 times over the same day.

1979 GF on now. Very underrated game in the whole mix of GFs. Absolute full bore.
Not dissimilar to 2009.
It was a shame only half a dozen blokes in each team could execute a drop punt, it was tough but the kicking was laughable.

1979 GF on now. Very underrated game in the whole mix of GFs. Absolute full bore.
Not dissimilar to 2009.
It was a shame only half a dozen blokes in each team could execute a drop punt, it was tough but the kicking was laughable.

I like the old stuff, but they should bar anything post 2000. Its simply not interesting, to me.
Last week I switched over, some random H&A game from 2004, bulldogs v Eagles or something. Seriously?

I hope you caught the famous Swans v Plugger match

That was seriously awesome. I'd forgotten how far behind St Kilda were in that match. That goal when Plugger ran in to open goal and kicked the ball full force at the pensioners behind the goals was alternately terrible and hilarious. Also loved him giving them the "Up Yours" signal after the Saints won by a point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like watching old games from the early 80's at the old suburban grounds. Like Fitzroy and South Melbourne, these were great times in footy when supporters stood in the rain, no seats, and they didnt move all day. Just fixed to the spot and on their team. They did replays of "The Winners" last year but stopped when Drew Morphett passed away. I hope they revisit this show with another host because it was a great hour of viewing. Seems a shame to stop it because we lost Drew.

Was great too see Fox replay the 1992 GF on the weekend. What a day that was, big p1ss up at the Glasshouse afterwards. Everything else almost a distant memory seeing its 26 years ago now. Time flies, but I still will never forget Peter Matera that day, man what a game he played. And Wilsons over the head goal, killa.

They did replays of "The Winners" last year but stopped when Drew Morphett passed away. I hope they revisit this show with another host because it was a great hour of viewing. Seems a shame to stop it because we lost Drew.

Good call. They've shown some of The Winners lately with Drew hosting but I hope they continue to do it. Would be great if they could find old VFA, SANFL, WAFL games as well. I'd love to see for instance Stephen Michael at his best. Only got to see him in a few SOO games.

It's actually been great this off-season for the first time... ever. They finally realised people don't wanna watch the season just gone - from start to finish - over and over again. I reckon it must have something to do with Name A Game going under and perhaps a transfer of licensing deals. Imagine if you could get all these old games on demand on Kayo? I'd sign up in a flash.

Nice one's today

Dons vs Lions 2005
Dogs vs Saints round 9 2000
Fitzroy vs Freo 1996 round 8
Swans vs Cats 2005 semi Nick Davis show

Collingwood vs Adelaide round 6 from 1997 is on later. You beauty!

Hawks vs Port Prelim 2014

North vs Dons 2010

Gold Coast vs Pies 2013

Xmas come early

Cats-Saints QF 2010
Pies-Hawks 1995
Cats-Dons 1993

good viewing. Eagles vs Dockers from this year on now goes alright too. Not the one with the King Hit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back