Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

I love tennis and really enjoy BP's tennis show/updates etc....but live tennis broadcasts does not transfer well onto radio, painful to say the least.
BP is terrific; really knows his stuff.

Oh, I misunderstood. The tv coverage is about 4.5 seconds behind analogue radio, and digital sen is about 20 to 25 seconds behind analogue radio

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listened to SEN's coverage of the test for an extended time this afternoon for the first time.

Huddo is streets ahead of Gerard as both the play by play caller, and as a general facilitator of insights from the special comments people. At least half a dozen times I thought a batter had hit a catch straight to a fielder, only to realize 10 seconds later when further described it wasn't even close....but that was Gerard's commentary. Seems to have gone downhill from his ABC days.

Gotten into clickbait sensationalist commercial radio mode overdrive now, needs to wind it back again. The Michael Clarke feud horse he is flogging is dead and cold, let it go man - not even remotely funny. Sean Marsh gags not far behind!

SEN have nothing to worry about from Macquarie SPorts Radio this summer if this morning was anything to go by. Sydneysider hosts talking about their local pubs/parties, Stefanovic. RL slanted with mark riddell in the chair. Everything sydney.
i heard that this morning. what a disaster. a bunch of blokey boofheads (i couldn't even tell how many there were) mumbling incomprehensibly about drinking and text messages i think. switched it off after 5 minutes.

happy that Billy McGee and Mieke Buchan are doing drive though. its a massive improvement on both Marco and Ox and KB and Turf

SEN have nothing to worry about from Macquarie SPorts Radio this summer if this morning was anything to go by. Sydneysider hosts talking about their local pubs/parties, Stefanovic. RL slanted with mark riddell in the chair. Everything sydney.
i've heard matt granland may be doing breakfast this summer, hope it's true

Last edited:
SENs cricket coverage was excellent IMO

Have got the mix right with the play by play commentary ( Huddo is just a class above anyone ) , special comments and having the stats guy on hand with his obscure statistics was great .
Also having talkback before , during the lunch break and after play really added to the coverage .
Has 7 and fox well covered from I saw and listened too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back