Training 2019 Preseason

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Rankine looking much slimmer through the middle compared to what I saw during the Champs this year in the latest video. It has him running with Schoenfeld in one particular clip. Even if this is some sort of interval run session (which I presume it is given Schoenfeld is such an elite runner), having Rankine try and keep up with him is very good.

Poor Benny King in that clip looks like he's about to faint. Hard day on the Coast to be doing running sessions like that.

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Rankine looking much slimmer through the middle compared to what I saw during the Champs this year in the latest video. It has him running with Schoenfeld in one particular clip. Even if this is some sort of interval run session (which I presume it is given Schoenfeld is such an elite runner), having Rankine try and keep up with him is very good.

Poor Benny King in that clip looks like he's about to faint. Hard day on the Coast to be doing running sessions like that.
I thought he was a lot heavier in the Champs this year too, especially compared to his 2017 year where he looks very lean. At 179cm and 79kg he obviously doesn’t have any real need or trouble with adding more weight unlike a lot of skinny teenagers who enter the system. Ready to go right now.

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Sunraysia

Hows Brad finding this pre season so far?

Dew more talkative/communicating more this pre season then last year?
Was a bit of noose around his lack of communication post season.

Any further news or rumours you can share?

I’m putting alot of my eggs in brads basket this year.
I think he could really help our midfieldand forward half with his traits.

I wish him the best.

Thanks

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Sunraysia

I wish him the best.

Thanks

?????????????? Ben ,please explain......and its nothing to do with a red headed politician...

Sunraysia

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast
Sunraysia

I wish him the best.

Thanks

I'm loath to comment for obvious reasons , but most observers will confirm...
He was pissed off being dropped to the Rookie list and appears to be responding positively...
He's been added to the midfield group this year for first time after playing as a forward his first 2 seasons.
It's his contract year - its make or break - so fingers crossed..
(PS - he's already in my Fantasy team )

Jun 7, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Subiaco Lions
He was pissed off being dropped to the Rookie list and appears to be responding positively...
He's been added to the midfield group this year for first time after playing as a forward his first 2 seasons.
Understandably. You know though he's just one of those guys who I think will respond super positively to it. Your boy has the goods. Send him our wishes as Suns tragics cos everyone wants to see him smash it and believe he will.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Sorry if anything i wrote seemed a bit off.
I was’nt even thinking about the rookie demotion at all.

Just know with you being a father.. and one of the very select fathers on here..
That actually speak well and cause no issues unlike a Mr Scrimshaw.

i’d ask how the club and your #1 player was going in general.
Seems like a few good media storys out there about training the house down

Thats great about training with the midfielders though.
I see alot of Luke Parker in Brad..
a strong mid who can go forward and clunk marks and kick snags when resting

Appreciate your response though :)

Sunraysia

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast
Sorry if anything i wrote seemed a bit off.
I was’nt even thinking about the rookie demotion at all.

Just know with you being a father.. and one of the very select fathers on here..
That actually speak well and cause no issues unlike a Mr Scrimshaw.

i’d ask how the club and your #1 player was going in general.
Seems like a few good media storys out there about training the house down

Thats great about training with the midfielders though.
I see alot of Luke Parker in Brad..
a strong mid who can go forward and clunk marks and kick snags when resting

Appreciate your response though :)

Ben - your only offence was to entice me to break my own rules.
I don't want to get involved in conversations directly about Brad the player - that's so you guys can freely have your own opinions on here without me sticking my bib in. Also stops me possibly giving a false view of Brads own opinion.
Brad is at the point where he speaks by his own performance - he doesn't need me here defending him (but I do admit to giving him a plug when he does do well ( eg NEAFL vs Southport / Geelong final game.)
That said - I'm conflicted when guys like you, Bods, or others, whom I respect from my time on here, ask questions about Brad with a genuine interest .
Should I give my personal feeling or what the club would expect Brads response to be ?
Think you got a little of both in my the response last night... :)

In answer to your general question - club preseason is all about running at the moment . New coaches , New players , feels like a new start - everyone being treated as an equal - it will be a very different starting team next year !
General enough? ;)

eppo67

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I don't want to get involved in conversations directly about Brad the player - that's so you guys can freely have your own opinions on here without me sticking my bib in. Also stops me possibly giving a false view of Brads own opinion.
Brad is at the point where he speaks by his own performance - he doesn't need me here defending him (but I do admit to giving him a plug when he does do well ( eg NEAFL vs Southport / Geelong final game.)
That said - I'm conflicted when guys like you, Bods, or others, whom I respect from my time on here, ask questions about Brad with a genuine interest .
Should I give my personal feeling or what the club would expect Brads response to be ?

In answer to your general question - club preseason is all about running at the moment . New coaches , New players , feels like a new start - everyone being treated as an equal - it will be a very different starting team next year !
General enough? ;)
I've also been told team unity and bonding has improved a lot.

17er

Cancelled
Oct 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast

General enough? ;)
Classy response. I think a lot of people were pissed off that Brad was given that treatment, especially considering they haven't even filled the spot. I thought he had some promising games toward the end of the year - he had a Rayner moment against the Lions that would have won the game and been his first AFL goal, though also a learning moment. He actually played quite well as a forward, though it is good that he will get to train in the midfield.

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Classy response. I think a lot of people were pissed off that Brad was given that treatment, especially considering they haven't even filled the spot. I thought he had some promising games toward the end of the year - he had a Rayner moment against the Lions that would have won the game and been his first AFL goal, though also a learning moment. He actually played quite well as a forward, though it is good that he will get to train in the midfield.

I’m all in for BScheer to play as a defending pressure forward. I can see him starting 18 player in that role when we win the 2021 GF.
Hard tackler tick
Good set shot tick
Acceleration to run someone down tick
Looks like I won’t get my way though. Looks like he’s in the midfield group now.

Sunraysia I’ll take those points from your earlier message on board regarding not trying to get a direct response from you.

Sunraysia

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast
I’m all in for BScheer to play as a defending pressure forward. I can see him starting 18 player in that role when we win the 2021 GF.
Hard tackler tick
Good set shot tick
Acceleration to run someone down tick
Looks like I won’t get my way though. Looks like he’s in the midfield group now.

Sunraysia I’ll take those points from your earlier message on board regarding not trying to get a direct response from you.

Interesting viewpoint - nothing but silence here...;)

Back