Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedWhite&Blue

Premiership Player
Jul 21, 2005
Vic
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What a meh year - I literally just had to goggle who won the premiership this year - Im not joking
Same here, it was a massive 'meh' year... I think, for me, it's a bit of interstate bias creeping in.
If an interstate team wins the flag I feel like it's a gap year where no-one actually won the flag and it just jackpots on to the next year until a Melbourne based team wins it.

What a meh year - I literally just had to goggle who won the premiership this year - Im not joking

Same here, it was a massive 'meh' year... I think, for me, it's a bit of interstate bias creeping in.
If an interstate team wins the flag I feel like it's a gap year where no-one actually won the flag and it just jackpots on to the next year until a Melbourne based team wins it.

And yet, there's this weird thread...

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...-the-best-in-the-history-of-football.1208152/

Posted by a Cats fan no less. Go figure.

:rolleyes:

The Inbetweener

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2011
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
That St Kilda draft video was interesting, sounds like Richmond were ready to trade up to pick 10 with Port. Still don’t see how that would have got them Smith if we have traded 7 for 9 & 19 though as people were speculating, maybe the deal was 7 for 11 @ 19 which is more realistic, unless they had something in place with Adelaide at 8

TiAn_

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 19, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
That St Kilda draft video was interesting, sounds like Richmond were ready to trade up to pick 10 with Port. Still don’t see how that would have got them Smith if we have traded 7 for 9 & 19 though as people were speculating, maybe the deal was 7 for 11 @ 19 which is more realistic, unless they had something in place with Adelaide at 8

I’m really enjoying those videos.

The Saints one made me laugh twice. The first where Richardson reacts to King saying he’s under pressure on TV and the second where they discuss Carlton getting the deal they wanted for the Crowd pick and a bloke asks if they included 36 in their offer and the two blokes making the calls looking a bit “uh oh” and saying they did when on the clips in the video they didn’t (unless I missed it).

dogzrule

Club Legend
Jul 20, 2010
nfa
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

The Saints one made me laugh twice. The first where Richardson reacts to King saying he’s under pressure on TV and the second where they discuss Carlton getting the deal they wanted for the Crowd pick and a bloke asks if they included 36 in their offer and the two blokes making the calls looking a bit “uh oh” and saying they did when on the clips in the video they didn’t (unless I missed it).

Thought it looked a bit like amateur hour to be honest. They were throwing around options without much science behind it.

I am surprised if they had the intent to trade up prior to draft day they would have know all the options prior to going in the room but it all seemed like speculating to me

I hope the dogs are better prepared

gangsta deluxe

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Rajasthan Royals!!!
Thought it looked a bit like amateur hour to be honest. They were throwing around options without much science behind it.

I am surprised if they had the intent to trade up prior to draft day they would have know all the options prior to going in the room but it all seemed like speculating to me

Compare that to Sydney who manipulated the situation masterfully

TiAn_

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 19, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

I agree it didn’t look fantastic, but they had a fair bit less draft capital to work with this year than other clubs.

Also found Richardson’s joke(?) “that’s another 10,000 members” after selecting King a bit weird.

I hope we get one on the Dogs, since there was a lot of interest in who would fall to us and whether we’d trade our pick, or trade up into another first.

The Inbetweener

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2011
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Yeah they are great. To me it sounded like the Saints list manager tried to throw 36 in at the end but the Crows list manager had essentially already hung up. We didn’t get to see it all and I’m sure they were more definitative than how it seemed with their offer, but it didn’t really seem well communicated.

Gubby Allen keeping them accountable at the end was classic!

JJHunter

Club Legend
Jan 15, 2008
Toorak
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So back to our List management.

We have a spare spot on the list. Has anyone heard official word on what we are doing with it ??

I know Melbourne have a spot open and wont be taking anyone apparently.
Not sure if ut relates to salary cap space or the fact they wish to hold off until some of the new compo drafts pre and mid season next year

Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
ASADA

We have a spare spot on the list. Has anyone heard official word on what we are doing with it ??

Not sure if ut relates to salary cap space or the fact they wish to hold off until some of the new compo drafts pre and mid season next year
I heard Goddard

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray

I think we'll probably hold it until the mid-season draft to be honest. For a team that's been smashed by injuries of late I think it's a decent move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back