Australia v India, 2nd Test at Perth Stadium Dec 14-18

Apr 19, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Swans Blog
India lead 1-0 after a fighting victory against the lacklustre Aussies at Adelaide Oval.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/...tralia-vs-india-1st-test-india-in-aus-2018-19

Cheteshwar Pujara was deservedly man of the match, while 21-year-old Rishabh Pant equalled the record for most catches in a test match with 11, dropping what would have been the 12th catch and record off Lyon.
DuCATqcU8AAdboF.jpg:large

Lyon was easily the best for the Aussies, scoring 62 unbeaten runs and taking 8 wickets, while the tail wagged the dog, averaging 26 runs per wicket compared to the batters 24 runs.

Australian Captain Tim Paine is the only player in doubt after suffering a blow to his right thumb and forefinger in the second innings. Glenn Maxwell looks to be the most likely inclusion to the squad, scoring 57 and 37 against WA, including a ridiculously unlucky runout, while Mitchell Marsh took 1-102 off 27 overs, scoring 32 runs.

Joe Burns is another batsman that could make his way into the test squad, scoring two half-centuries in his last two shield matches.

Hours of play:
Local: 10.20 start, Lunch 12.20-12.50, Tea 14.50-15.10, Close 17.10
SA: 12.50 start, Lunch 14.50-15.20, Tea 17.20-17.40, Close 19.40
NSW/VIC: 13.20 start, Lunch 15.20-15.50, Tea 17.50-18.10, Close: 20.10
QLD: 12.20 start, Lunch 14.20-14.50, Tea 16.50-17.10, Close 19.10

Umpires:
Chris Gaffney
Kumar Dharmasena

Broadcast:
Foxtel 501
Channel 7

Follow on ESPN Cric Info:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/...tralia-vs-india-2nd-test-india-in-aus-2018-19

Apr 19, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Swans Blog
The Swans Blog thanks for the hours of play. Much appreciated.
It's nice being able to watch/listen to the cricket throughout the afternoon at work and evening at home. I do enjoy a test match that finishes at 8pm Melbourne time.

It's nice being able to watch/listen to the cricket throughout the afternoon at work and evening at home. I do enjoy a test match that finishes at 8pm Melbourne time.

Perth test has the feel of a day/night test because of the time we get to watch it.

7 and Fox must love it as it enters prime time viewing.

Ohitsthatguy

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Of course Warne is calling for an all-rounder the toss.

We don't have any test quality all-rounders, stop trying to force it

Westend

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Im not sure India would bat first if they won the toss imo. After Adelaide they may want to see how the pitch plays up first.

I reckon they will want to give there bowlers a rest. They did bowl 120 overs in our 2nd innings ...and it is a quick turn around for the teams back to back tests

Fingers crossed we will win the toss and bat....and make there bowlers bowl over 120 overs in our first innings.

I have no faith with our current batting lineup of winning a test batting 2nd.

HLM*

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
I reckon they will want to give there bowlers a rest. They did bowl 120 overs in our 2nd innings ...and it is a quick turn around for the teams back to back tests

Fingers crossed we will win the toss and bat....and make there bowlers bowl over 120 overs in our first innings.

I have no faith with our current batting lineup of winning a test batting 2nd.
Agreed, toss is absolutely crucial in this match.

2notepockets

All Australian
Aug 3, 2005
-
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
Would love to see Burns or Renshaw in for Finch - not a test bat for mine. Handscomb making a 30 as he has a penchant for and getting out to 2 very poor shots would also be on the chopping block.

JimDocker

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Doncaster Rovers, Boston Celtics
Stoinis would be an interesting inclusion. His bare statistics don't demand he get picked, but he has something about him that makes him look like he will succeed at test level. Reminds me a lot of a young Ian Botham. (Whose stats at FC level were not that great when he got picked to play for England).

Not going to make it to the match. Going away at Christmas and saving money :(

Jan 6, 2004
jfgjgfj
How good is Nathan Lyon now?

Was almost dropped and probably would have been if SOK wasn't injured two years ago and now he is truly an elite cricketer and our best available player.

One real bad series and plenty will still want him dumped for a leggie.

p.s. i think he is also our best fielder, was surprised we had two vice captains and he still doesn't get a look in.

JimDocker

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Doncaster Rovers, Boston Celtics
Probably should go in unchanged. They were close to pulling off a remarkable victory. I think the original 11 was wrong, but think they should get another chance.

Pacman Carney

All Australian
Aug 13, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
the 14 man squad picked 2 weeks ago was for the first 2 tests. rarely do they alter the squad unless an injury.
also Stoinis rolled his ankle in warm up of day 3 or 4 in recent shield game
he's in doubt to bowl for scorchers next week.
same 11 I reckon or M Marsh for Handscomb

Back