Movie Marvel Cinematic Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Good trailer, considering it’s just a teaser. It’s difficult to not show too much without giving away key components of the story, given where it’s left at the end of IW.

I’m sure there’s trailer only footage that’s been shot in order to keep the audience guessing. Hoping the feature trailer itself doesn’t give too much away. To be honest I don’t even need to see any trailers, I’d pay to see the actual film today if I could.

Its shaping up to be a finale for me regardless of the "story" outcome. While I loved IW, my patience and enjoyment of Marvel films has steadily declined over the past few years.

Its inevitable that key cast changes will occur at some point, I don't see the Marvel movies sustaining "growth" when they rely on the third/fourth/fifth tier characters. Or if in 10-20 years time they reboot/recast the roles to tell new stories using the chacters. FWIW they've got the actors bang on with the roles they play. I don't think theres anyone around now that could do justice to an Iron Man or Captain America.

Its shaping up to be a finale for me regardless of the "story" outcome. While I loved IW, my patience and enjoyment of Marvel films has steadily declined over the past few years.

Its inevitable that key cast changes will occur at some point, I don't see the Marvel movies sustaining "growth" when they rely on the third/fourth/fifth tier characters. Or if in 10-20 years time they reboot/recast the roles to tell new stories using the chacters. FWIW they've got the actors bang on with the roles they play. I don't think theres anyone around now that could do justice to an Iron Man or Captain America.

Iron Man was lower tier Marvel until 10 years ago.

Only Spidey, the Xmen and maybe Fantastic 4 were well known to the public.

The movies made him and the others tier 1.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

It’s quite remarkable what Marvel have been able to engineer here, making B/C grade comic book characters into household names essentially.

They didn’t even have Spider-Man (A grade) to work with until phase 3. But to be able to use what they had to as tentpoles is a reflection on the quality of casting and stories etc.

Possible. Though would say only due to the Ange disaster.
Been a long time since the series and kids had grown up on the Xmen and Spidey cartoon let alone the comics and movies.

Before the xmen cartoon became popular in the late nineties only comic book fans knew of xmen and once the cartoon came out it was only really kids who knew about it. Everyone knew about hulk from the eighties live action show.

It’s quite remarkable what Marvel have been able to engineer here, making B/C grade comic book characters into household names essentially.

They didn’t even have Spider-Man (A grade) to work with until phase 3. But to be able to use what they had to as tentpoles is a reflection on the quality of casting and stories etc.
Lets not go nuts. They still were existing characters with basic plot outlines and villians already written. All they had to do is get some decent script writers. It not like they have created this universe from scratch just for the movies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets not go nuts. They still were existing characters with basic plot outlines and villians already written. All they had to do is get some decent script writers. It not like they have created this universe from scratch just for the movies.

In the comic book world, they were second/third tier characters. Who have now been elevated due to the success of the MCU. I hardly see how that’s going nuts, but whatever.

In the comic book world, they were second/third tier characters. Who have now been elevated due to the success of the MCU. I hardly see how that’s going nuts, but whatever.
But it irrelevant to whether a movie based on them will be any good. If anything having weaker powers helps a movie plot. Superman movies arent all that thilling cos he is way more powerful then the villians. You end up disinterested as a result. The movie going public dont care about the comic books. They just want to see a decent plot.

But it irrelevant to whether a movie based on them will be any good. If anything having weaker powers helps a movie plot. Superman movies arent all that thilling cos he is way more powerful then the villians. You end up disinterested as a result. The movie going public dont care about the comic books. They just want to see a decent plot.

That’s cool. But little to do with what I was trying to say. I think you’re making a separate point, so not sure why you’re quoting mine.

Its was so bad that they never did another captain america set in that time period and all the main characters had little role in any other films save for his friend who didnt have much of a role in the first movie.
That could be that at the end of the 1st one they were already in this time period.

His friends got a tv series for 2 seasons.

Was a great Origin story and part of the best most consistent trilogy in comicbook movies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back