Not open for further replies.

yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs
I reckon we would have sounded out O'Meara's interest in a return to WA, & if he showed the slightest inkling that he was somewhat interested, planning would have begun on "get Jaeger"

Sep 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd
I reckon we would have sounded out O'Meara's interest in a return to WA, & if he showed the slightest inkling that he was somewhat interested, planning would have begun on "get Jaeger"
and unite him with Coniglio.

Coniglio is a much better player than Jaegar, and he is the one I would be chasing.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
So Patrick Cripps, Stephen Coniglio, Jaeger O'Meara, Jack Martin and Callum Ah Chee next trade period? Why not Tom Mitchell as well?

heavho

Club Legend
Dec 22, 2005
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
fremantle
Coniglio and swallow into the engine room :0 we surely have to throw something at them. With the addiction of lobbe and hogan do we have the $$$ to beat anything west coast could offer them? The freo back half and forward half is now just about a tick. The engine room is the only thing we need to tick off. Need at least one or two more A grade mids to challenge for 8 if not higher

Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hornets, Mariners, Falcons
Coniglio and swallow into the engine room :0 we surely have to throw something at them. With the addiction of lobbe and hogan do we have the $$$ to beat anything west coast could offer them? The freo back half and forward half is now just about a tick. The engine room is the only thing we need to tick off. Need at least one or two more A grade mids to challenge for 8 if not higher

Swallow resigned to 2024

Purpletown

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2014
Restumping
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC Denver Broncos

I hope not lol.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
I am not sure that adding top line mid$ is the way to go now. And I think we already have a list to challenge for the 8, especially 2020. Players like North and Valente can be pushing for games by then, and while they may not be A grade, they will be excellent support for Fyfe, Hill(s), Blakely, Brayshaw and Cerra.

I think our recruiters have worked minor miracles with the trades they have pulled off, but I would be very happy to add Sharp or Jackson to our list next year rather than trading out our draft pick. But we saw what opportunity can provide if someone wants to leave and have ultimately benefited by both Weller and Neale seeking bigger paychecks and other homes, so perhaps that continues.

Aug 23, 2017
Grounded
AFL Club
Fremantle
NGA is likely to net Freo some decent running players over the next 2-3 years in Henry, Western and a Walker or 2..

I’m sure the powers that be are watching them closely.

So it’s the engine room this year and looking forward that needs tuning.

Bewley is an outside mid, Valente is inside which is what we need to assist in replacing Neale.

Blakey will assist inside as well.

Not forgetting Brayshaw and Cerra..

We do need Mundy to spend a bit more time in the middle along with Banfield.

Young midfield but with a bit of promise.. I just hope the youngsters don’t get mauled in the midfield.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Young midfield but with a bit of promise.. I just hope the youngsters don’t get mauled in the midfield.
Bewley, Conca and Colyer are astute acquisitions to give a bit of protection, and I think Banfield is up to the task as well. Valente and North seem ready to roll through there when required too, and I have some optimism that Hughes can find a role.

Aug 23, 2017
Grounded
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bewley, Conca and Colyer are astute acquisitions to give a bit of protection, and I think Banfield is up to the task as well. Valente and North seem ready to roll through there when required too, and I have some optimism that Hughes can find a role.

I suspect Conca will be used more in the midfield, to provide mature body strength and be the team “hard nut” over the next few years, rather than in defence. So expect him to play round 1. Not sure where Colyer fits in, other than Balla’s role.

We need strong bodies to assist the young-uns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back