Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

After 22 AFL seasons as the Power, I find it hard to believe that Collingwood's brand is so weak that it would suffer if Port wore the Prison Bars on a regular basis. We are the only AFL club that has to fight tooth and nail to celebrate our history. In fact, our inability to fully leverage the Prison Bars to grow our membership base and merch sales is effectively a restrictive covenant for which there is no compensation from Collingwood or the AFL. It's time to right this wrong.

I got it confirmed a long time ago that the AFL and Collingwood sanction our AFL merchandise and thus we see a lot of black and teal or black and silver combinations, and recently charcoal is mixed in or we get silver and white but we don't get predominantly black and white official team merchandise with AFL logo or Power logo on it. I am strictly talking about team meechandise which is the most characteristic merchandise of a club. All it does is by gradualisation turn our own supporters into no longer identifying ourselves as predominantly black and white, and I hate it because it constantly reminds me of the meek bit of our club.

Bring back the famous warf pylon or picket fence or prison bar jumper!!!! IT IS US!!!

Without wishing to inflame all the Bing haters...

8463eec4-d021-49b3-85be-4c0fc29523db.png
Sorry to ruin any chance of one-upmanship regarding Bing v Google:

Screenshot_20181211-160516_Chrome.jpg

Apologies for the distraction this morning, I should have coffee before I post.

I was curious about whether people would be prepared to give up the magpie in the sanfl as a way to guarantee using the PB's in both leagues and then I went off on a wildly canine tangent.

Apologies for the distraction this morning, I should have coffee before I post.

I was curious about whether people would be prepared to give up the magpie in the sanfl as a way to guarantee using the PB's in both leagues and then I went off on a wildly canine tangent.

I totally would, but then I’m not a fan of nicknames.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got it confirmed a long time ago that the AFL and Collingwood sanction our AFL merchandise and thus we see a lot of black and teal or black and silver combinations, and recently charcoal is mixed in or we get silver and white but we don't get predominantly black and white official team merchandise with AFL logo or Power logo on it. I am strictly talking about team meechandise which is the most characteristic merchandise of a club. All it does is by gradualisation turn our own supporters into no longer identifying ourselves as predominantly black and white, and I hate it because it constantly reminds me of the meek bit of our club.

Bring back the famous warf pylon or picket fence or prison bar jumper!!!! IT IS US!!!

This is so unbelievably ****ed. Goes way beyond us just being told we can't wear one particular guernsey design. Was anyone else aware of this?

Interesting, I’d never heard of Collingwood having an active role in approving our merch. If this is true I wonder how the current training guernseys slipped through (Black with white cuffs, White with black cuffs).

Interesting, I’d never heard of Collingwood having an active role in approving our merch. If this is true I wonder how the current training guernseys slipped through (Black with white cuffs, White with black cuffs).

Doubt very much that this is true...fake, made-up stuff!

That. Is. ****ed. Although not sure how true that is in 2018, since we had that Port range in pure black and white

Team merchandise. Clothing worn at games by the coaches and staff and players. It's definitely something to look into if you like but to me it makes sense with certain examples over the years.

That. Is. ******. Although not sure how true that is in 2018, since we had that Port range in pure black and white

I'm surprised people don't know or haven't queried it.

The PA range is different. It doesn't have the AFL logo nor Power logo and it is not official game teamwear. I think the club has been smart to do this to get around it.

I was first informed when we stocked a polo that was all black but it had a white chest panel with one horizontal teal band separating the black and white. I wanted one and I was told that it wil be our official team polo and to wait. So I waited for it to come out with sponsors logos and all. Then other black with teal polos came out and so I asked again about it and I was clearly told by the Port Store guy that it was canned because of the AFL and Collingwood not approving it. Then I received further explanation that our merchandise needs AFL approval (maybe they all do but we have the extra attention). Eddie in his first stint on the footy show mentioned about making sure our merchandise is teal.

I believe it because I see what our teamwear has been like for a number of years. Everything but black and white official AFL teamwear. I mention it every year in the survey we get.

There's been other examples of it. I was told that there is special allowance for the 1870 Club members whereby they have all black with Power and Magpies logo on it.

I'm just a consumer that has asked the question about it and received the answer I didn't want to hear.

Team merchandise. Clothing worn at games by the coaches and staff and players. It's definitely something to look into if you like but to me it makes sense with certain examples over the years.

Ah. Still the black and silver combo is an odd one for Collingwood to approve since they use it themselves.

4FA2573D-7DF5-43F8-AEF2-4556C46B5FE7.jpeg
C157E93F-7D47-4E42-B1CE-BF3A2999C756.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back