Analysis 2018 General Offseason Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank goodness for these rule changes
INTENTIONAL high-impact strikes to the head will no longer be referred directly to the Tribunal but instead attract an automatic three-match suspension under a suite of changes to the MRO system approved by the AFL Commission.
system approved by the AFL Commission.
From 2019, intentional conduct involving high contact will only be referred directly to the Tribunal when the impact is graded by the MRO as severe, as Andrew Gaff's strike on Andrew Brayshaw was following the round 20 West Coast-Fremantle clash.

the inappropriate use of studs will attract fines and suspensions when there is an associated impact to an opposition player.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-11/mro-shakeup-crackdown-on-high-hits-umpire-contact
cec07eaf40dbeada9d89e4dbb2af02f5

Thought a free kick against would have been enough for the boots thing. Fines sure, but a suspension seems a bit much.

Thought a free kick against would have been enough for the boots thing. Fines sure, but a suspension seems a bit much.
Young Toby copped a fine when he put the pommy revolver into a bouncer on the ground at Caulfield. Fines don't mean a lot to the little champ. Putting the boot into someone on the ground or while pretending to go for the ball is dangerous dog act. Hopefully the little dog will be rubbed out if he tries next season.

Not a big Jez fan anyway from the little I saw of him at the U18 champs. He's like an intercepting 3rd tall but only 184cm and not particularly quick.

On afl.com is Suns draft room video, they were of the belief that we wanted Jez Mclennan with our pick in the 20s, not an extractor, hence why people believe we reached for roebottom.

There was still plenty of other talented and highly rated kids on the board at pick 25, yet we used it on Rowbottom, so clearly we wanted him, so clearly he wasn’t a reach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is he the foil for Buddy up forward we've been crying out for?

Of course. Given his history of starting as a forward and ending up a back, Horse is a natural to replace Reid..

dont mind 3 skippers again, Parker is an obvious one to go with JPK ,

Rampe I guess is a defensive leader

I have always thought you just pick 1 captain especially if you have a leadership group, but 3 has worked for Sydney.

Takes pressure off JPK thats good

I call bullshit , 2 at the most.

BS? Bit like our supposed boom SA recruit Bedders?

Done it before and it worked. JPK is a quiet bloke who has carried the public and in-Club load. Ramps and Parker seem more extroverted and I expect both to carry a lot of the external media/corporate yadda yadda responsibilities.

Sound decision.

I call bullshit , 2 at the most.

ideally id just go one, theres your skipper and have the group behind him

Half the time the club put random players out to the media anyway

BS? Bit like our supposed boom SA recruit Bedders?

Done it before and it worked. JPK is a quiet bloke who has carried the public and in-Club load. Ramps and Parker seem more extroverted and I expect both to carry a lot of the external media/corporate yadda yadda responsibilities.

Sound decision.
You have no idea about the SA recruit !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back