Banter Preseason general discussion - The Reigning Premiers Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

**** me Keys, either your absolutely cashed up that you can go to these trainings all the time or all free training is all you can afford. If it's the first one, want to hire me to be your bud?

I wish it was the first one but sadly that’s not the case. There was a patch previously when the second part applied and unemployment gave me more spare time than was healthy

Now I have a work schedule with flexible hours that allows me to take a couple or so hours off without compromising my income

Will be very curious to see how Rosa goes as our new stoppage coach.

Last time we had a gun stoppage coach (pyke) leave us, we slid back down the ladder.

It's no coincidence Mitchell as our midfield coach resulted in our rise this season, his fingerprints were all over this team.

Let's hope Rosa can provide more of the same

I wish it was the first one but sadly that’s not the case. There was a patch previously when the second part applied and unemployment gave me more spare time than was healthy

Now I have a work schedule with flexible hours that allows me to take a couple or so hours off without compromising my income
pre-season and between jobs or in uni holidays, going down to watch coupled with the beach is an epic duo. Too bad i have a job

Will be very curious to see how Rosa goes as our new stoppage coach.

Last time we had a gun stoppage coach (pyke) leave us, we slid back down the ladder.

It's no coincidence Mitchell as our midfield coach resulted in our rise this season, his fingerprints were all over this team.

Let's hope Rosa can provide more of the same
So van berlo needs to have a sit down.
Nathan. See what sammy did? Just do what sammy did. Matt. You just do what VB did.

There’s every chance Mitchell’s impact is being highly overrated. we’ve won the most games in the last 4 years, three of them being 16 win seasons. Two of them without mitchell as coach. If anything 2017 was the season where we lost the MDPE (most dominant player ever) for the season and played two old guys in the middle

I’m not saying Mitchell isn’t or wasn’t good, our mids were good, no doubt, I’d say the midfield improved due to personnel more than anything and then maybe a bit coaching.

Some of you speak as though Mitchell will be a greater loss than if Simpson left.

. We credited Pyke in ‘15 and now we’re crediting Mitchell in ‘18. Really Simpson deserves all the credit. Farout

There’s every chance Mitchell’s impact is being highly overrated. we’ve won the most games in the last 4 years, three of them being 16 win seasons. Two of them without mitchell as coach. If anything 2017 was the season where we lost the MDPE (most dominant player ever) for the season and played two old guys in the middle

I’m not saying Mitchell isn’t or wasn’t good, our mids were good, no doubt, I’d say the midfield improved due to personnel more than anything and then maybe a bit coaching.

Some of you speak as though Mitchell will be a greater loss than if Simpson left.

. We credited Pyke in ‘15 and now we’re crediting Mitchell in ‘18. Really Simpson deserves all the credit. Farout

funny plenty ready to bag him when stuff isn't going right, yet when it does he had fyckall to do with it apparently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Keys - your just trying to wind me up aren’t you. I’ve still got my notes from the U18 Carnival - “great endeavour but kicking not AFL standard”
Monocle thinks I’m too hard but your photo just shows how flawed his action is. He thinks it is a skills problem where as I am still if the belief it’s a list management issue.
BOND 007 - 2019 needs to be the year to fix it so get Monocle or a kicking coach to iron him out or let him know he won’t make it without addressing fundamentals.

In last weeks Post News Paper Austin Robertson had this to say re kicking-

“I was at the Eagles last year for a few months, primarily to do a bit of goal-kicking work with Jake Waterman.

On the first morning, forwards’ coach Jaymie Graham told me their sports scientists had de- creed young Jake must never be allowed more than 30 shots on goal on any given day.

From that point on I knew that it was almost pointless me being there.”

The Robertson article was re sports scientists and was quite interesting.

In last weeks Post News Paper Austin Robertson had this to say re kicking-

“I was at the Eagles last year for a few months, primarily to do a bit of goal-kicking work with Jake Waterman.

On the first morning, forwards’ coach Jaymie Graham told me their sports scientists had de- creed young Jake must never be allowed more than 30 shots on goal on any given day.

From that point on I knew that it was almost pointless me being there.”

The Robertson article was re sports scientists and was quite interesting.

When did Pat Howard start at West Coast?

He’s had a full extra year against bigger bodies and once played senior footy in Esperance tho
I played against him in one game.

Not bad for a kid playing seniors but nothing special. I ran him down HTB on the wing and made him look silly, Chris Marsden styles.

Yeah Rosa is an interesting one for mine.

NVB was fresh off the boat last year and still very green, now he's already midfield coach? Seems a bit of a jump.

Meanwhile Rosa, whilst he was a solid, never stood out to me as a smart player or someone with a good grasp of the game.

Was he ever even in our leadership group? And since when did he really spend time at stoppages as a wingman?

I'll be monitoring our Helicopter kick ratio very close next year boiz.

In the West today. Or it could have been on the AFL site.:sick::D

Prodigal Eagle returns to fast-track premiers' midfield mojo
Travis King
Dec 10, 2018 1:17PM

639477-tlslargelandscape.jpg

Makes you realise how good small players have to be to make a mark @ AFL level.

In the 1990's I was average AFL height, now I'm a midget.

I played against him in one game.

Not bad for a kid playing seniors but nothing special. I ran him down HTB on the wing and made him look silly, Chris Marsden styles.
Ahh, an Esperance boy??
I played a few years down there for Newtown. A loonnngggg time ago, great place.

Yeah Rosa is an interesting one for mine.

NVB was fresh off the boat last year and still very green, now he's already midfield coach? Seems a bit of a jump.

Meanwhile Rosa, whilst he was a solid, never stood out to me as a smart player or someone with a good grasp of the game.

Was he ever even in our leadership group? And since when did he really spend time at stoppages as a wingman?

I'll be monitoring our Helicopter kick ratio very close next year boiz.

You'll have to take my word for it as it'd be a battle to track it down, but I am pretty confident that in an interview a few years ago, Glass listed Rosa as the player with the best understanding of the teams structures. Also racked up a 43 disposal game once upon a time so must have some nous. But agreed that having a wingman as a stoppages coach is a bit iffy; hopefully it's not just a 'jobs for the boys' arrangement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back