Current Royal Commission into Lawyer X gangland convictions on tainted evidence & police corruption

Remove this Banner Ad

How are they going to spin it? It stopped a bloody murderous gangland war?

They didn't stop a gangland war imo and they may well have created something worse.

Unprecedented, they have no idea how to spin it. Best anyone can do is not to try, just tell the truth. Whatever it is.

They didn't stop a gangland war imo and they may well have created something worse.

In some instances it might re-ignite all that stuff that is bubbling under the surface again. Especially if people are released and seek revenge

Take all that with a grain of salt. Silks looking to gain an edge for there clients.
High court did not identify any criminal behaviour .
Stop being wound up by the media’s senaitionalism.

The high court was looking at the public interest in disclosure, they were not investigating, they were dealing with an appeal. Unsurprisingly their ruling delt with the public interest and not matters that they were not asked to rule on either.

The royal commission will flush out the details in time, we’ll know the full story then.

The high court was looking at the public interest in disclosure, they were not investigating, they were dealing with an appeal. Unsurprisingly their ruling delt with the public interest and not matters that they were not asked to rule on either.

The royal commission will flush out the details in time, we’ll know the full story then.
Correct, we have nothing yet that says the sky is falling.
I am keenly waiting to hear the facts , thats all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just feel the cops acted on advice and there may be more than what we know now.

Possibly covered under national and/or state security related laws or powers that existed at the time?

Or someone’s interpretation of those laws and powers?

As we speak not one scintilla of evidence has been shown that would warrant the release of anyone.

Rob Karam and Farouk Orman disagree.

In Karams case she actively INVOLVED him in the tomato tins thing.

IBAC to investigate how cops screwed up the Silk/Miller investigation as they know Roberts will be cleared.

Never got convictions for Walsh Street as their informer based strategy blew up on them.

Enter the Wigs ... four top silks including Dunn.

'compromised cases' 'bloody appalling' 'it's a mess' 'conspiracy to pervert justice' 'horrifying' 'mind-blowing'

View attachment 594592 View attachment 594593 View attachment 594594
Conspiracy to Pervert Justice is a strong condemnation.

Pervert course of Justice is covered by S320 of the Crimes Act - 25 years imprisonment
http://classic.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/vic/consol_act/ca195882/s320.html
The QC would be referring to the deliberate use of informer 3838 and the presenting of evidence from her in prosecutions before the Courts.

Conspiracy is covered in S321 of the Crimes Act
http://classic.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/vic/consol_act/ca195882/s321.html
I'd assume that the QC is referring directly at the decision made by a group of Police constituting a board for the purposes of registering informants as satisfying the elements of the conspiracy accusation.
The QC might also be referring to the evidence above being used by Prosecutor if the assertion is that the Prosecutor knowingly presented that evidence and thus conspired with the Police to pervert justice.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just feel the cops acted on advice and there may be more than what we know now.
If they acted upon Advice then that might constitute conspiracy, especially if that advice discussed registering 3838, her role as an informer with the persons she was informing upon as their legal representative, or using the information to be gathered in such circumstances as evidence before a Court.

Imagine claiming that advice is legal privilege! ROTFLMAO

Last edited:
This is a very serious situation, it is actually unprecedented as it would be if the sky fell. The facts are emerging now yet you seem to be insisting on denial.
I just refuse to get caught up in the media’s spin ands will wait for facts which are few.
It may turn out to be serious but at this stage that is just speculation.

Makes one wonder if they registered any priests as informers? I wonder if they'd wire up confessional booths? Doctor's surgeries?

Some posters here seem to be focusing upon the people who were convicted.
That's not who the focus is actually on.
That is peripheral to the whole shebang in reality.
The royal commission was called because the actions by Police in registering informant 3838 and subsequent events from that were criticised by the High Court.
The focus is upon the actions of Police, and the subsequent conduct of prosecutions, which might of tainted the very fundamental principles of jurisprudence.
As one QC said in a media statement, it amounts to conspiracy to pervert (Justice).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back