Resource Dream team and Supercoach questions

MartinLifts130

Senior List
Feb 22, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Hey guys really liked what I've seen from Hewett as a tagger, was really effective in 2018, do you expect him to have the same role next year?

In answer to the two questions from Oppo fans:
* Newman is a good player. Think he will benefit from being assigned a consistent role. HBF would suit. Not a Docherty, but uses the ball well, gets it himself and is gutsy.
* Hewett is good supercoach investment. Under rated so will be underpriced. Had a good season as a tagger, but also gets a bit of ball and uses it well.

Oct 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sixers, Exers, GWS Womens
This question has been thrown around a fair bit but who do you expect to be in the main midfield rotations?

Also has Sydney done any match sims yet? If so, who took the kick ins?

RobbieK

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
This question has been thrown around a fair bit but who do you expect to be in the main midfield rotations?

Also has Sydney done any match sims yet? If so, who took the kick ins?

Thurlow has been taking the kick ins in the match sims.

On midfield the news is Mills will be playing predominantly midfield by the looks of it this seaosn. Other than that it would be the usual names - Kennedy, Parker, Heenery, Hewett.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Gday guys, looking at some Swans late in a deep 12 team x 22 player SC draft

Jones, Hewett and Papley all interest me and feel they can all eventually improve out of that 70-80avg range to say 85-90.

I'm pretty set on Jones as my last defender (hopefully he survives 3 more picks), but the other two, how are they tracking?

Cheers

Gday guys, looking at some Swans late in a deep 12 team x 22 player SC draft

Jones, Hewett and Papley all interest me and feel they can all eventually improve out of that 70-80avg range to say 85-90.

I'm pretty set on Jones as my last defender (hopefully he survives 3 more picks), but the other two, how are they tracking?

Cheers
Don't go anywhere near Papley. Hewett is a very consistent player who rarely/never misses games and has potential to improve his scoring into the 80s and even higher in the future

RobbieK

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
Don't go anywhere near Papley. Hewett is a very consistent player who rarely/never misses games and has potential to improve his scoring into the 80s and even higher in the future

The limit on Hewett is that he is our best negating midfielder, if we need to put a tag on an opposition player it pretty much has to be him, and that will constrain his output from a fantasy perspective

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
The limit on Hewett is that he is our best negating midfielder, if we need to put a tag on an opposition player it pretty much has to be him, and that will constrain his output from a fantasy perspective
Thanks

Does Hewett have the knack of finding the ball when he is applying that hard tag though, or is it something he can learn? ROK had this ability.

RobbieK

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
Thanks

Does Hewett have the knack of finding the ball when he is applying that hard tag though, or is it something he can learn? ROK had this ability.

He has never been partiuclarly prolific. he has never had more than 29 disposals in a game, he is generally around the 20 mark but has games closer to 10 too. Our midfield is in a bit of generational change and that may lead to a change in role for him, but there isn't any evidence for that yet so I wouldn't be looking at him for fantasy purposes.

What's wrong with Paps?

I think he's going to be more a consistent 80-90 player this season with longer stints in the midfield as Ronke/Hazy/Blakey/Menzel all take up the fwd 50.

What's wrong with Paps?

I think he's going to be more a consistent 80-90 player this season with longer stints in the midfield as Ronke/Hazy/Blakey/Menzel all take up the fwd 50.

SF21 might be concerned about him missing games through injury. With Paps likely to spend some more time in the mids, I admit to concern he will be knocked around by bigger bodies.

I think the tagging role has constrained Hewett's ability to get the ball. His numbers are ok and watching games he increasingly impresses as one who is cool under pressure. Even if he continues to tag I expect his influence (and numbers to increase.

I've always thought Papley is McGlynns successor, wouldn't surprise me he goes bang one year

Yep, he has a big upside ... and in my view is a better player than Benny M.

azza77

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 21, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings, Manchester Utd
SF21 might be concerned about him missing games through injury. With Paps likely to spend some more time in the mids, I admit to concern he will be knocked around by bigger bodies.

I think the tagging role has constrained Hewett's ability to get the ball. His numbers are ok and watching games he increasingly impresses as one who is cool under pressure. Even if he continues to tag I expect his influence (and numbers to increase.

Just touching back on this, I noticed he didn’t tag at all in JLT2 (I realise it’s only JLT), but when he doesn’t tag, he racks it up.

Do you guys expect him to continue tagging this year, or will he be used more through the midfield.

Looking for some depth in my UF draft league. Currently grabbed Darcy Tucker from Freo, who’s also tagging but racking up tackles, but thinking Hewett may be a better option. Seems to fine the ball more and the fact that freo are terrible worries me, as opposed to Sydney who are always competitive.

Any help is greatly appreciater :)

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Where are the two Callum's at?

Like the price they are both at and feel that with Sinclair, being a sole ruck he will be invaluable to the Swans again and back up his somewhat break out 2019. Mills is juicy af. Set to go big if he moves into the midfield than he has done in the past

Jun 27, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sturt
What's wrong with Paps?

Yeah I'd have thought Pap could be a good smokie because he's going to play a lot of midfield and presumably will become a dual position player at some point. This was his first preseason, so plenty of reason to think he'll improve in value.

metrik

Debutant
Mar 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
In a SC draft league who do you think will go better both for scores and being in top 22 every week between Jones & Clarke?

In a SC draft league who do you think will go better both for scores and being in top 22 every week between Jones & Clarke?

Jones is more secure simply due to Clarke being new to the club, however Clarke is playing much more onball than what Jones has before so he probably has more chance of higher scores.

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
hey guys,

just a question re Lloyd.
Does he look set to continue taking kick ins? Harley commented that the new rule means it opens up the option to explore other options for the kick in, but was that likely just a pie in the sky general comment or something that there is any evidence on happening?

Also he averaged 88 in the 1st 7 last year and 108 in the remaining 15 (folded by only 76 in the final). was there any identifiable reason for the split (role, personnel change after 1st 5-7 weeks) and would you expect even more consistency of the latter 3/4 of the season than the start?

Mar 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
hey guys,

just a question re Lloyd.
Does he look set to continue taking kick ins? Harley commented that the new rule means it opens up the option to explore other options for the kick in, but was that likely just a pie in the sky general comment or something that there is any evidence on happening?

Also he averaged 88 in the 1st 7 last year and 108 in the remaining 15 (folded by only 76 in the final). was there any identifiable reason for the split (role, personnel change after 1st 5-7 weeks) and would you expect even more consistency of the latter 3/4 of the season than the start?
What this bloke said.

Back