The Law Cardinal Pell

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Ladies and Gents,

Are the laws crazy in this digital age? Yes.

Does the suppression order need to be obeyed. Yes.

I know you're probably posting as a mod trying to protect BF against the suppression order, but you're still 100% right.

Much as the *redacted* story deserves to be told, the alleged victims whose allegations have not yet been tried still deserve to have their cases heard - this can't be done fairly if newspapers were publishing the news on the front page all week.

The suppression order isn't about defending the accused, it's about defending the rights of alleged victims to receive justice.

Still - the law and the courts are so, so far behind the digital age, and I can understand why both major newspaper companies have done a hatchet job on the orders. Everyone who wants to know about this already does; anyone who sees the front page of the Tele tomorrow will learn the news within 30 seconds. It's a bizarre scenario.

Leeda

Talents B Sharp
Suspended
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I know you're probably posting as a mod trying to protect BF against the suppression order, but you're still 100% right.

Much as the *redacted* story deserves to be told, the alleged victims whose allegations have not yet been tried still deserve to have their cases heard - this can't be done fairly if newspapers were publishing the news on the front page all week.

The suppression order isn't about defending the accused, it's about defending the rights of alleged victims to receive justice.

Still - the law and the courts are so, so far behind the digital age, and I can understand why both major newspaper companies have done a hatchet job on the orders. Everyone who wants to know about this already does; anyone who sees the front page of the Tele tomorrow will learn the news within 30 seconds. It's a bizarre scenario.
your language is brilliant.... :)

Didn't the victims already give evidence to the RC? Wasn't this court case a result of that evidence?

So much has been written, I am not sure now but if so, then I would think that the victims wouldn't have a problem with the outcome of this court case being made public.

Leeda

Talents B Sharp
Suspended
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Didn't the victims already give evidence to the RC? Wasn't this court case a result of that evidence?

So much has been written, I am not sure now but if so, then I would think that the victims wouldn't have a problem with the outcome of this court case being made public.
sometimes some people don't see it as being accurate and some will see it as being somewhat dubious..

don't hang around.. it is not about you.. so shack up and level it out... :moustache:
Didn't think it was, just asking a question about your post. Don't want to clarify? No problem, thanks.

Leeda

Talents B Sharp
Suspended
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Didn't think it was, just asking a question about your post. Don't want to clarify? No problem, thanks.
hmm it is not as simple as you like it to be... I just like to test the waters and you are nice enough to equal things ... clarity is my thing...

thanks to yourself..

I’m acting as site admin and someone who wants justice done.

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
and he deserves a loss of support but I will reserve judgement on him now... he is perhaps not a perpetrator and not a direct link to
things that have happened... but I don't like jumping at shadows...
All we have that hes guilty of "historical sexual offences". Not sure if this encompasses covering up others or being an actual perpetrator. I suspect the former but it will eventually be known.

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
upload_2018-12-13_7-56-35.png

I suppose the suppression order is still useful if future jurors are all old technophobes who don't use or know about social media. And there are still plenty of those people around.
plenty of people that don't have twitter and don't go looking for news as well, so not reporting it on the major sites and papers will work fairly well for them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back