Song Contest Part XIII, Host: JoshWoodenSpoon, Theme: Woodblocks/Cowbells, Noms Due: Mon 8:45pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
#songcontestresults

Eq.5th the fly

Lachy Doley Group - Who Was I Foolin

It was good until Jimmy started singing — GreyCrow

It was travelling along okay until Jimmy Barnes made his unwarranted appearance. That's how to kill a song stone dead. — Hoos
Love the synchronicity

#songcontestupdate
Host is going to bed after 5 massive nights, 9 songs in already. Playlist is looking pretty decent already. IT IS CRUCIAL THAT YOU JUSTIFY WHY A SONG STRESSES YOU OUT!
Good luck everyone and keep those noms coming in!

I think the way to go is songs artists have written about their own personal stress/struggles rather than songs that stress you out personally, had plenty of choices once I started looking at it this way.
You don’t tell me what to do.

Welcome :) . Nominate a song via pm to the host (currently SarahSmiles , theme is Stress - songs which stress you out or which are about stress) . When the playlist is released, listen and the vote in a 5 votes/4 votes / 3 votes / 2 votes / 1 vote and 1x Billy Madison (worst song) format via PM to the host before the deadline . There are generally 2x rounds per week. Winner hosts or picks someone else (second, third etc) to host. The billy madison "winner" changes their avatar until the end of the next round. Soon you'll pick up the vocab such as "whores" , "virgins" , "brunchy" "limpy" , "donuts" etc songs /regulars' spam/ notice patterns in peoples' votes/nominations, but that's the basic gist :) . The OP has a list of previous noms and a link to a spreadsheet of past noms (worth looking up as some rounds, like this one, say no podiums ie no previous 1st/2nd/3rd songs /no songs from the last 50 rounds)

Thanks so much MWPP, sounds like a lot of fun. I might observe this round and see how things run and get a good idea of things, then dive in for the next round. Cheers :thumbsu:

13. Quack like a duck - I was so disturbed and disgusted by this atrocity in every sense (musical, lyrical , video) . Based on the title , I intended to show it to my boyfriend who is afraid of ducks , but couldn’t bring myself to do it :/ . Scarred for life.
Firstly Tsk tsk tsk!
To hear a timeless classic by a musical genius being disparaged so cruelly.
Bit highbrow for some I guess.

More importantly, new fella MWPP?
Good stuff.
Scared of ducks though... hmmmmm.
Is he aware that they are the small fluffy things that go quack?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks so much MWPP, sounds like a lot of fun. I might observe this round and see how things run and get a good idea of things, then dive in for the next round. Cheers :thumbsu:

Anyone called SparkleNarkle is welcome here.

#songcontestupdate
Host is going to bed after 5 massive nights, 9 songs in already. Playlist is looking pretty decent already. IT IS CRUCIAL THAT YOU JUSTIFY WHY A SONG STRESSES YOU OUT!
Good luck everyone and keep those noms coming in!
Still haven't accepted my nom
#worsthostever

I know for a fact that Loonerty ‘s MSN status was full of horribly cliched lyrics, ‘~~~’ symbols, random capitalised letters, and flower emoticons.

That was mine.

Firstly Tsk tsk tsk!
To hear a timeless classic by a musical genius being disparaged so cruelly.
Bit highbrow for some I guess.

More importantly, new fella MWPP?
Good stuff.
Scared of ducks though... hmmmmm.
Is he aware that they are the small fluffy things that go quack?
It leads to the age old riddle, would you rather be attacked by one horse sized duck, or 100 duck sized horses.

Give me the 100 duck sized horses any day. I would be so ******* freaked out by a giant duck. Can you imagine the beak on that mother*er??

It leads to the age old riddle, would you rather be attacked by one horse sized duck, or 100 duck sized horses.

Give me the 100 duck sized horses any day. I would be so ******* freaked out by a giant duck. Can you imagine the beak on that mother******??
I believe ducks to be decidedly brunchy.

Speaking of quacks, I'm about to enter my doctor's gaff, wish me luck.

The only songs of theirs I've heard have been noms from the SC so can't really comment on their work as a whole. Reading those song reviews might lead me to listen to a few of them. They seem a bit limited thematically though.
Bit wary of Loudwire's opinion when they have writers coming out with such gems as

"Don't you forget about dying/Don't you forget about your friend, Death/Don't you forget that you will die,” Cardinal Copia sings on this song about the end that we all must face. A lushly orchestrated piece worthy of Elton John’s early ‘70s classics, it points to possible future directions that Ghost (or Tobias Forge, outside of the group) may take in the future. (BI)

Put a nom in but not happy with it.

Annoyingly a lot of the songs I thought about that have 'stressful themes' are mainly related to depression and drug addiction, which I don't think fits the theme per se. IDK. It's very confusing where to draw the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back