Mega Thread The Former Player Thread: Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

WHAT WOULD YOUR CHAT BE ABOUT ? About taking over from an imbecile like Ian Aitkin

Great Zeus. Had not thought about Aitkin in years. Classic built like Tarzan played like Mr Bean player.

Difficult to imagine him in a coaching or development role. He never gave the impression of being a student of the game.

AJ was on SEN at 11am

Had just finished physio and was grumbling to myself. Heard AJ and my mood shifted to the upside.

He is a calm, intelligent and decent bloke. Seems he is planning a long term career in AFL. In the meantime he is desperate to have a kick.

Bumped into Brett Kirk down at Maroubra beach yesterday. He seemed a bit sheepish when I recognised him and said hello. He'll feel even more embarrassed when I see him next time and launch into an all-out expression of my love and admiration for him!
And perhaps the admiration of so many of us also

Bumped into Brett Kirk down at Maroubra beach yesterday. He seemed a bit sheepish when I recognised him and said hello. He'll feel even more embarrassed when I see him next time and launch into an all-out expression of my love and admiration for him!

Speedos or trunks?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck Deano!! Very good news for the local competition. Our ex players and the Giants' ex plsyers filtering back into lower leagues in NSW will lift the standard of footy and attract more junior players.

Hopefully we will see a flow on effect with some future young guns being recruited for our academy from these leagues

Mitchell seems to want a leadership role at the Hawks pretty badly. http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-10/ill-be-a-leader-title-or-no-title-says-mitchell

I like his quote "I always want to try and lead by example". I hope they make him captain. He'll have the entire team leaving to chase the big money at other clubs.

Clarko "Please stop leading by example Tom or soon there'll be no-one left"
Mitchell "Pay me more and I'll do anything"
Clarko "Just lead by playing your best"
Mitchell "You have to pay me more. I want my own change room too, and I want my own umpires"
Clarko "Come on Tom, be reasonable. Even I don't have my own umpires. I have to share them with Eddie"
Mitchell "Then I'll go to a club that appreciates me. You just don't appreciate me. It's so unfair. Pay me more money"
Clarko "Would you like to be captain ?"
Mitchell " Do I get more money ?"
Clarko "Why does it always have to be about money with you ? Surely you came here for more game time ?"
Mitchell "Waaah, it's so unfair. I want more money"

Bungee, that is like suggesting Hanners and Grohan should have taken 50% pay cuts to stay, based on the former's dire form for two seasons and the latter's lacklustre career. To do so would have shown they were not taking money under false pretences.

The Mitchell money-grubber narrative is equally nonsense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back