Vintage Bay Mofra's Bottom 50 for 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Player #15 - Jordan Roughead

759cb151a616dea0781cf667e1350b1e

Pictured: Roughy enjoys a moment with Jock McHale medallist, Luke Beverige Bob Murphy

Jordan Roughead is a lifelong Bulldog supporter who led the 18th best ruck division in the AFL for large swathes of the year.

I'll admit this entry hurts as Roughy is a ripping bloke and risked his eyesight to play in the 2016 GF but he was well below par this year. He is of course the cousin of premiership star Jarryd, and plenty of players in the AFL forge out meaningful careers with far more talented cousins also playing. Nick of course had Tiger Premiership star Jack, Jordan has Jarryd, and Nick Dal Santo's cousin is none other than Marcus Bontempelli who, judging by his nose, certainly got the good genes in his family (speaking of entries that hurt, nudge nudge wink wink).

Anyway Roughy played 12 games this year averaging 12 hitouts, half a goal per game, and roughly 8 and a half effective disposals per game. He was however the recognised ruck with the greatest clearance differential against him for the 2018 season (speaking about centre bounces here) which gives an indication beyond mere stats how the opposition regularly found a way to beat him.
Remember, sometimes raw numbers don't actually tell you the story as statistically Australians have on average one female breast and one testicle, so just remember that the next time you hear a politician talking about 'the average Australian'.

Jordan did spend the whole year in the ruck unlike 2013 & 2014 when Brendan Mastermind" McCartney turned him into a toiling but slow FB, a role he mooted to Collingwood when they decided to trade for him in the last half hour of trade period in 2018. At least Roughy gets to reunite with Matty Boyd, now a coach at Collingwood and the main reason they made a Grand Final this year.

Fun fact: Roughy is from Ballarat where North's most influential online supporters reside. Ballarat is famous for Sovereign Hill, Kryal Castle and at one time being the richest city in the world thanks to the gold rush. It is also home to the only AFL venue that is sponsored by a planet.

Jordy, Roughy, good luck next year under Bucks who seems to have learnt how to coach. Welcome to the Bottom 50 for 2018.

Player #15 - Jordan Roughead

759cb151a616dea0781cf667e1350b1e

Pictured: Roughy enjoys a moment with Jock McHale medallist, Luke Beverige Bob Murphy

Jordan Roughead is a lifelong Bulldog supporter who led the 18th best ruck division in the AFL for large swathes of the year.

I'll admit this entry hurts as Roughy is a ripping bloke and risked his eyesight to play in the 2016 GF but he was well below par this year. He is of course the cousin of premiership star Jarryd, and plenty of players in the AFL forge out meaningful careers with far more talented cousins also playing. Nick of course had Tiger Premiership star Jack, Jordan has Jarryd, and Nick Dal Santo's cousin is none other than Marcus Bontempelli who, judging by his nose, certainly got the good genes in his family (speaking of entries that hurt, nudge nudge wink wink).

Anyway Roughy played 12 games this year averaging 12 hitouts, half a goal per game, and roughly 8 and a half effective disposals per game. He was however the recognised ruck with the greatest clearance differential against him for the 2018 season (speaking about centre bounces here) which gives an indication beyond mere stats how the opposition regularly found a way to beat him.
Remember, sometimes raw numbers don't actually tell you the story as statistically Australians have on average one female breast and one testicle, so just remember that the next time you hear a politician talking about 'the average Australian'.

Jordan did spend the whole year in the ruck unlike 2013 & 2014 when Brendan Mastermind" McCartney turned him into a toiling but slow FB, a role he mooted to Collingwood when they decided to trade for him in the last half hour of trade period in 2018. At least Roughy gets to reunite with Matty Boyd, now a coach at Collingwood and the main reason they made a Grand Final this year.

Fun fact: Roughy is from Ballarat where North's most influential online supporters reside. Ballarat is famous for Sovereign Hill, Kryal Castle and at one time being the richest city in the world thanks to the gold rush. It is also home to the only AFL venue that is sponsored by a planet.

Jordy, Roughy, good luck next year under Bucks who seems to have learnt how to coach. Welcome to the Bottom 50 for 2018.
Remember a few years ago when I compared this fellas output against Schoenmakers when you had him in the top few of your bottom 50 and you wouldn't hear it? I think I went something along the lines of here are two sets of stats, with one player an injury away from his career being over, and the other an injury away from being made captain...Hint the player with the better stats wasn't an injury away from being named captained.

You probably don't remember, but I'll never forget, and FWIW Roughead was more useless this year than Schoey was a few years ago.

You probably don't remember, but I'll never forget, and FWIW Roughead was more useless this year than Schoey was a few years ago.

That's a massive statement.

But it is not surprising that one who chooses the most over rated player in the history of football for an avatar might allow his inner gushing fanboi loose on an outright potato as well.

Player #14 - Cameron McCarthy

adfgdd.png

Pictured: Cam McCarthy (centre) enjoying the Fremantle sun with Hayden Ballantyne and Lachie Neale

Cameron "Cam" McCarthy is a Fremantle forward which sounds like a myth but they do actually exist. He is a former GWS first round pick so remains on Carlton's radar.

He's most famous for being so desperate to get to Freo he sat out a year of AFL football in 2016 rather than play for the Giants who lost the prelim that year by a narrow margin. 2016 was, is, and remains the greatest season of AFL so Cam clearly missed out. He was later traded to Freo in a trade that involved pick 3 and a nice big contract.

For season 2018 Cam kicked 19 goals in 17 games which sounds passable as a stay at home forward however..... his 19 goals in 17 games include his only two hauls of 3 goals which were against Carlton who had 2 of their 5 AFL standard players injured for most of the season and the Gold Coast Suns who are more weekend hobbyists than a competitive outfit. That makes it 12 goals in 15 games against AFL quality opponents. I would describe Cam as a downhill skiier but that would be disrespectful to the global skiing community, manufacturers of snow gear and MCC members.

His output is also much lower than his 25 goals from 19 games in 2017 indicating a year out of the game wasn't really the issue. Scarily, 19 goals was still enough for Cam to finish equal third on Freo's 2018 goal kicking ladder behind Pav's shadow and a discarded drink bottle left on Perth stadium (otherwise known as Optus stadium). A repeat of such efforts are considered unlikely given the discarded drink bottle was seen in the company of Harley Bennell during the off season.

This is all against the backdrop of Cam being the most high profile KPF on the Fremantle list until Jesse Hogan was signed during the trade period. Hogan has maintained quality output against the backdrop of family tragedy, cancer and homesickness and appears to overcome every challenge thrown at him. I have no idea what Cam and Jesse will talk about, probably Muzz Buzz or something.

Fun fact: When Cam first arrived at GWS Shane "Line of Sausages" Mumford nicknamed him 'Sunshine' due to his happy disposition in what did not prove to be Mummy's last 'error of judgement'.

Anyway Cam good luck for 2019 and welcome to the Bottom 50 for 2018.

That's a massive statement.

But it is not surprising that one who chooses the most over rated player in the history of football for an avatar might allow his inner gushing fanboi loose on an outright potato as well.

I think its also the first ‘I lost an internet argument a few years ago and I’m not at all bitter about it but I’m going to use this new information to try and justify my previously massively unsuccessful viewpoint’ for this years thread...

Probably not the last though..... ;)

Love Roughy, but god he was s**t this year.....

He's most famous for being so desperate to get to Freo he sat out a year of AFL football in 2016 rather than play for the Giants who lost the prelim that year by a narrow margin. 2016 was, is, and remains the greatest season of AFL so Cam clearly missed out. He was later traded to Freo in a trade that involved pick 3 and a nice big contract.
Funniest thing is that (along with Essendon being in denial about their drug cheating) ended up being a catalyst for one of the best trades we've done. GWS wanted to go even higher in the draft so they were willing to give us pick 16 and pick 3 in exchange for our pick 2 (would have been pick 1 if not for Essendon's drug cheating). With pick 3 we ended up drafting Hugh McCluggage (who we would have drafted if we had pick 1 anyway) and used the other pick for Jarrod Berry. So essentially because of Cam McCarthy we get Jarrod Berry for free.

Funniest thing is that (along with Essendon being in denial about their drug cheating) ended up being a catalyst for one of the best trades we've done. GWS wanted to go even higher in the draft so they were willing to give us pick 16 and pick 3 in exchange for our pick 2 (would have been pick 1 if not for Essendon's drug cheating). With pick 3 we ended up drafting Hugh McCluggage (who we would have drafted if we had pick 1 anyway) and used the other pick for Jarrod Berry . So essentially because of Cam McCarthy we get Jarrod Berry for free.
Who and who?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fun fact: When Cam first arrived at GWS Shane "Line of Sausages" Mumford nicknamed him 'Sunshine' due to his happy disposition in what did not prove to be Mummy's last 'error of judgement'.
Mummy may have been on a downer at the time though

Player #14 - Cameron McCarthy

adfgdd.png

Pictured: Cam McCarthy (centre) enjoying the Fremantle sun with Hayden Ballantyne and Lachie Neale

Cameron "Cam" McCarthy is a Fremantle forward which sounds like a myth but they do actually exist. He is a former GWS first round pick so remains on Carlton's radar.

For season 2018 Cam kicked 19 goals in 17 games which sounds passable as a stay at home forward however..... his 19 goals in 17 games include his only two hauls of 3 goals which were against Carlton who had 2 of their 5 AFL standard players injured for most of the season and the Gold Coast Suns who are more weekend hobbyists than a competitive outfit. That makes it 12 goals in 15 games against AFL quality opponents. I would describe Cam as a downhill skiier but that would be disrespectful to the global skiing community, manufacturers of snow gear and MCC members.

His output is also much lower than his 25 goals from 19 games in 2017 indicating a year out of the game wasn't really the issue. Scarily, 19 goals was still enough for Cam to finish equal third on Freo's 2018 goal kicking ladder behind Pav's shadow and a discarded drink bottle left on Perth stadium (otherwise known as Optus stadium). A repeat of such efforts are considered unlikely given the discarded drink bottle was seen in the company of Harley Bennell during the off season.

This is all against the backdrop of Cam being the most high profile KPF on the Fremantle list until Jesse Hogan was signed during the trade period. Hogan has maintained quality output against the backdrop of family tragedy, cancer and homesickness and appears to overcome every challenge thrown at him. I have no idea what Cam and Jesse will talk about, probably Muzz Buzz or something.

Anyway Cam good luck for 2019 and welcome to the Bottom 50 for 2018.
That's very funny :mad:
How about you post photo's of actual AFL players.

You had me until you got to Membrey. After a quiet year he's just outside the top 20 goal kickers in the league. I bet i can give you 50 worse forwards from 2018.
Then you've picked players who played only a couple of games due to injury, not really given a chance to fully demonstrate their shitness.
I mean Josh Bruce kicked 3 goals in his season opener, and only had a chance to spud up the following two games before injuring himself, so i think that puts his place in the fifty in doubt.

Therefore you are clearly silly , so take Paddy McMatressguts for your fifty and go away.

aww he thinks you care Mofra ..
or are remotely any chance of changing your mind...:rolleyes::thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back