WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion - Part VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Another RAW record low viewership. This is getting bad.

It's going to rise the next few months as the road to WM heats up but s**t, this problem will return next year. They'll bring out Brock or whatever but jeez.. what's going on? They need to shake things up backstage.

Vince McMahon is what's going on. NXT is a fine WWE brand because he has no involvement in it.

Yeah I like NXT too but doesn't it lose money?

It does-- but 'NXT' covers the cost of a massive roster of talent-- more than half of which are still learning at the Performance Centre, plus the cost of running the Performance Centre itself.

Where as it doesn't have many revenue streams-- NXT TV is filmed at Full Sail which doesn't cover it's cost with a small crowd with $20 tickets. NXT also has minimal ad revenue as it's on the WWE Network, rather than traditional TV.

NXT runs two house show loops as well-- with the main (TV talent) loop maybe making small amounts of money, but the Florida (developmental) loop definitely runs at a loss wrestling in front of tiny crowds.

If NXT was purely the TV roster and had a TV deal it would make a profit, but it doesn't due to the 'developmental' aspect of it.

It does-- but 'NXT' covers the cost of a massive roster of talent-- more than half of which are still learning at the Performance Centre, plus the cost of running the Performance Centre itself.

Where as it doesn't have many revenue streams-- NXT TV is filmed at Full Sail which doesn't cover it's cost with a small crowd with $20 tickets. NXT also has minimal ad revenue as it's on the WWE Network, rather than traditional TV.

NXT runs two house show loops as well-- with the main (TV talent) loop maybe making small amounts of money, but the Florida (developmental) loop definitely runs at a loss wrestling in front of tiny crowds.

If NXT was purely the TV roster and had a TV deal it would make a profit, but it doesn't due to the 'developmental' aspect of it.

Wow thanks for clearing that up. Always makes me laugh when people quip back with that when someone says that NXT is better and HHH should be running WWE. That's really interesting.

I saw tickets for the small NXT tour loop last week and wondered wtf the hell they were for. Makes alot of sense.

I'm surprised they wouldn't even just jack up the NXT taping tickets to $30. It'd still sell out.

Wow thanks for clearing that up. Always makes me laugh when people quip back with that when someone says that NXT is better and HHH should be running WWE. That's really interesting.

I saw tickets for the small NXT tour loop last week and wondered wtf the hell they were for. Makes alot of sense.

I'm surprised they wouldn't even just jack up the NXT taping tickets to $30. It'd still sell out.

If you want a bit of insight into the behind the scenes of NXT check out 'Breaking Ground' on the WWE Network. It's a few years old now, but it follows the behind the scenes of people like Baron Corbin, Apollo Crews, Bayley, Carmella and others when they were still down in NXT.

In regards to the NXT 'Florida' loop shows, they have a heap of talent on them that don't get regular TV time. The most recent one for example was Main Evented by the Forgotten Sons (Cutler, Wesley Blake & Jason Ryker) against the Street Profits & Keith Lee. Other matches included talent like Riddick Moss, Shane Thorne & Babatunde who have all been on NXT in the past but not currently a regular feature.

Probably because their manager has already pissed himself.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another RAW record low viewership. This is getting bad.

It's going to rise the next few months as the road to WM heats up but s**t, this problem will return next year. They'll bring out Brock or whatever but jeez.. what's going on? They need to shake things up backstage.

and Without any Competition they have no Reason to make it better sadly

Smart move by Vince. You don't waste the conclusion of a 4 month storyline on SmackDown. Wonder where he'll announce R-Truth and Carmella are going for their free holiday?

Ring side tickets to Raw, just to make it look like Raw won again.

*edit* Smackdown was swept under the carpet at SS, he doesnt want to waste his time on the “B” show. That is where wrasslin happens

What’s the bet Vince will end up concluding that the brand split is what’s causing the raw ratings to suffer and he makes it one combined roster again and a 4 hour show! Vince logic

The Mighty's run in NXT has concluded with Nick Miller requesting his release to spend more time with his family. Thorne will stay with the company and try to now make it as a single.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back