2019 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheaper to buy the tickets at the gate, will renew the Vic Membership once the coach is out the door.
No worries mate, we'll all keep the club going so you can jump back on when we are winning again.

Sometimes the only way there is change is when the numbers drop off. Can only vote with your feet. Win/losses won't do it as last year was a prime example.

I think it's worse to have members buy in and not show, compared to a drop in memberships. Both are bad however. Signing up not showing would stuff attendance forecasts and it doesn't send a message of discontent, to not renewing. Either way, I'll go and take out membership because I can't help myself regardless of how good or bad it is.

Club can’t get rid of Hinkley. The horse has bolted. Don’t people get that? We can’t afford to pay him out and the AFL would take a hard line with it anyway. And even if we were allowed to pay him out then fans not renewing hurts the bottom dollar to be able to do it. Where is the club supposed to get the millions from? There has been massive change of line coaches. It seems the club might have stuffedup in renewing Ken so early (although not sure of any proven alternatives)and I am really pissed off as much as anyone but what is done is done. They have to make other changes and they are. We need to do our bit by supporting the club going forward. My opinion anyway.

Cheaper to buy the tickets at the gate, will renew the Vic Membership once the coach is out the door.

No worries mate, we'll all keep the club going so you can jump back on when we are winning again.
I would really like to hear a considered argument about this, and I will trust yours chiwigi in particular.

If, as a person who has made significant contribution over 15 years, I feel particularly aggrieved about specific matters, and have put my name to such grievances communicated directly to the club, I choose to withdraw my financial contribution until such time as said grievances have been addressed, can it be OK according to the way you see things for me to withdraw my support?

Is it OK for me to stand up against them if I see that I must?

I am very happy to listen to the argument against. Tell me what else I might do?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would really like to hear a considered argument about this, and I will trust yours chiwigi in particular.

If, as a person who has made significant contribution over 15 years, I feel particularly aggrieved about specific matters, and have put my name to such grievances communicated directly to the club, I choose to withdraw my financial contribution until such time as said grievances have been addressed, can it be OK according to the way you see things for me to withdraw my support?

I am very happy to listen to the argument against. Tell me what else I might do?

Mate I wouldn't worry about what others think and do what you believe is right for you.

Of course, you can do whatever you like and support however you like, for whatever reason you like.

My point remains valid, that those who do keep going and paying are keeping the club going until you change your mind for whatever reason.

Club can’t get rid of Hinkley. The horse has bolted. Don’t people get that? We can’t afford to pay him out and the AFL would take a hard line with it anyway. And even if we were allowed to pay him out then fans not renewing hurts the bottom dollar to be able to do it. Where is the club supposed to get the millions from? There has been massive change of line coaches. It seems the club might have stuffedup in renewing Ken so early (although not sure of any proven alternatives)and I am really pissed off as much as anyone but what is done is done. They have to make other changes and they are. We need to do our bit by supporting the club going forward. My opinion anyway.

Get rid of KT and Kochie.. that's where the rot lies, they've past their peak years ago..once they're out Ken will walk but no they want to feed their ego and keep the band together for the 150th anniversary.. to think they'll be the administration for such a milestone for this club is sickening.. ill il very surprised if we make finals before then.

How long does the club last if all members decided to do this?

You are either a Port supporter or you are just a fan.

If you are just a fan then you, in my eyes, have zero right to voice your grievances in future.

Plus we are here through thick and thin. If you don't like how it is run at club level then stand for the board. If not that then put forward a name of someone who can change the club for the better from board level.

***Edited 119 times.

Last edited:
i found a 2012 gold membership in my old wallet the other day, my old man dropped us down to gold for 2-3 seasons in that period, it brought back a few supressed memories....

Member since 2008 so it's includes 2019 in the total.

2iqehcz.jpg

Club is surveying Members re a six game membership. They wanted to know what I considered a fair price for a six game membership plus reserved seat booking priority and first three weeks of finals booking priority. I posted $150.00 which is $25.00 a game. With fringe benefits it is more likely that $30 a game is a reasonable deal but they did ask.
There is a membership that has not game tickets. I still think you should subtract that cost before calculating the price of game tickets for members.

So the membership box thing is telling me to stand with my family - isn’t that what I’ve done by renewing?

The box thing then tells me how to buy a membership - isn’t that what I just did?

PAFC wtf

Yep, big marketing fail this year. Chiwigi to take over membership promo for next year...

(my favourite year was when my son's junior membership arrived in a box with "Find the Power Within" on the top. Thought that was pretty clever. Used that as my interweb handle for some years)

View attachment 594683

I'm assuming it only counts AFL memberships, but that's cool. ....
Yes, it only counts PAFC AFL membership years which is correct. Mine says member for 23 years, 1997 - 2019. My PAFC SNAFL membership was in the same pack but there was no recognition of the length of that membership.

I will renew my membership at the appropriate time for me, which is usually mid Feb, but I am still pissed off with how the leaders of the club, both off and on field, continue to espouse its history with cheap talk, and then usually follow that up with Sweet F**k All action.

We are stuck with the following for at least a couple more seasons, either due to unnecessary contract extensions, or in one case an obviously ginormous ego, but my batting order for out the door asap, which would hopefully see some future improvement in all areas of the club, is

1. Koch ( see the ginormous ego bit )
2. Hinkley ( the days of the `how youse goin boys' coach is long past )
3. Voss ( see above)
4. Chad Cornes ( I am very much looking forward to the day that Alberton oval becomes a Cornes free zone!)

I am still prepared to cut KT some slack, but my patience with him is beginning to wear very thin as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back