• #team skillz

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
More tantalising details about the AFLX competition next year have been teased to the public, and apparently they will organise teams by attributes like speed and skill. It sounds like they're taking it pretty seriously because they got big names like Dangershank and he quite rightly did not make the #TeamSkill side. :thumbsu::D

Geelong and West Coast supporters will probably gravitate to #teamspeed, but for the rest of us it presents a mouthwatering dilemma.

I chose to be #teamspeed myself as I am quite fast in real life, whereas my AFLX skills actually aren't that good. If there was a #teamendurance then I would definitely go with that, as I have been an elite long distance runner at various stages.

Plus #TeamSkills just reminds me of the team in Dodgeball, and they didn't do very well.

AFL fans who can do pinpoint passes and round the corner zoopers in the backyard will identify more with #teamskill. It's really going to be a great competition, as we all identify with one more than the other.

Details as follows:

Team skill” will be the name of the all-indigenous side in the dramatically-revamped AFLX Series next year.*

The Herald Sun understands Adelaide superstar goal kicker Eddie Betts will captain the indigenous team in the four-team tournament on Friday, February 22 at Marvel Stadium.

There will be four captains, including Betts, who will hand-pick teams to play three round-robin games before the Grand Final at Marvel Stadium.

One of the captains is believed to include Geelong superstar Patrick Dangerfield. His team is believed to be called “Team Speed”.

The AFL will pre-select 100 players from which the team captains will hand-pick teams of 10 for the preseason matches.

St Kilda forward Jack Billings, who helped launch AFLX earlier this year before pulling out of the inaugural tournament with a hamstring complaint, said he was interested to learn more about next year’s plans but would be keen to take part.

“I’ll definitely be putting my hand up,” Billings said.

“It will be a great opportunity. I’m just not really sure how it will go so we’ll wait and see.”

Is there a team AWFL?

Surely winners have to play AFL Goat Jake Melksham.. kinda like the AFLX boss to win the game.

Im confused why they didn't call the indigenous team, team speed.

Since the AFL media assumes that anyone with more than a slight tan is Usain Bolt.

Alphonse_

Matching On Together
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Why can't they just do a Baseketball type hybrid of AFLX and 20/20 big bash cricket ?

You literally couldn't pay me to watch AFLX in its current format, its a pointless and needlessly intrusive concept that no one asked for or wanted (rather like The Greens Party)

What is this s**t? What's next? A Professional Four-Square league.
Im confused why they didn't call the indigenous team, team speed.

Since the AFL media assumes that anyone with more than a slight tan is Usain Bolt.
Jay Kennedy-Harris is a good example. Hyped up as a fast small forward by commentators, when in reality he is an inside mid who moves like a sloth on Valium and has the turning circle of a road train.

Alphonse_

Matching On Together
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Perhaps we should establish four Bay 13 teams

#teamfat
#teamslow
#teamold
#teambutterfingers

The Swans would be able to field all of those teams with their current list, especially if you count Kurt Tippett, who would be a moral to play for any of thoze teams, but would certainly be captain of #TeamButterFingers

leobarryustar

Milking frees
Margin Mania Chess Club Member BeanCoiNFT Investor Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Sep 23, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Exers
The Swans would be able to field all of those teams with their current list, especially if you count Kurt Tippett, who would be a moral to play for any of thoze teams, but would certainly be captain of #TeamButterFingers
I was about to launch into "but Carlton" then realised you're a dirty Benny. You nearly got me though!

Jul 3, 2012
Bayside
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
QPR
Team speed has already been done.
6E2A0E83-660B-4FB7-8BC2-C9A73A4FECD3.jpeg

Jul 22, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
More tantalising details about the AFLX competition next year have been teased to the public, and apparently they will organise teams by attributes like speed and skill. It sounds like they're taking it pretty seriously because they got big names like Dangershank and he quite rightly did not make the #TeamSkill side. :thumbsu::D

Geelong and West Coast supporters will probably gravitate to #teamspeed, but for the rest of us it presents a mouthwatering dilemma.

I chose to be #teamspeed myself as I am quite fast in real life, whereas my AFLX skills actually aren't that good. If there was a #teamendurance then I would definitely go with that, as I have been an elite long distance runner at various stages.

Plus #TeamSkills just reminds me of the team in Dodgeball, and they didn't do very well.

AFL fans who can do pinpoint passes and round the corner zoopers in the backyard will identify more with #teamskill. It's really going to be a great competition, as we all identify with one more than the other.

Details as follows:

Team skill” will be the name of the all-indigenous side in the dramatically-revamped AFLX Series next year.*

The Herald Sun understands Adelaide superstar goal kicker Eddie Betts will captain the indigenous team in the four-team tournament on Friday, February 22 at Marvel Stadium.

There will be four captains, including Betts, who will hand-pick teams to play three round-robin games before the Grand Final at Marvel Stadium.

One of the captains is believed to include Geelong superstar Patrick Dangerfield. His team is believed to be called “Team Speed”.

The AFL will pre-select 100 players from which the team captains will hand-pick teams of 10 for the preseason matches.

St Kilda forward Jack Billings, who helped launch AFLX earlier this year before pulling out of the inaugural tournament with a hamstring complaint, said he was interested to learn more about next year’s plans but would be keen to take part.

“It will be a great opportunity. I’m just not really sure how it will go so we’ll wait and see.”

Where is the team poker machine option?

jabba5114

Premiership Player
Jan 23, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm not interested would rather aflw be extended than watch afl x bullocks. Not like if my team wins I'd want a replica x trophy or anything.

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Benny78

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 4, 2016
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ken Hinkley
I think the goals are too easy to achieve on a smaller field. They need to make the players put their hands on their heads before the ball hits the boot.

So with a drop punt for example you would drop the ball to your foot, have to quickly put your hands on your head, and then kick the ball.

ChappyUK

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Podcaster Pokemon is Life Pantskyle
Sep 12, 2011
London
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Arsenal, QPR.

Details as follows:

Why have they 'dramatically revamped' it. I thought it was a winner.

ChappyUK

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Podcaster Pokemon is Life Pantskyle
Sep 12, 2011
London
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Arsenal, QPR.
You said there would be no AFLX next year. Yet it's back better than ever, and all the big names want to be part of it.

How is it bigger and better. Seems a step down from this year.

Sound like money is the only selling point for the players.

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
How is it bigger and better. Seems a step down from this year.

Sound like money is the only selling point for the players.

There's more excitement and bigger names are involved. Players won't play State of Origin but they are willing to play AFLX, which says something about the importance of this growing new format.

ChappyUK

Cancelled
Sep 12, 2011
London
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Arsenal, QPR.
There's more excitement and bigger names are involved. Players won't play State of Origin but they are willing to play AFLX, which says something about the importance of this growing new format.

It's a last ditch attempt to sell a lemon.

ChappyUK

Cancelled
Sep 12, 2011
London
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Arsenal, QPR.
AFLX already sold very well this year, they're just building on the popularity of the format now.

Let's wait and compare attendances.

Why can't they just do a Baseketball type hybrid of AFLX and 20/20 big bash cricket ?

You literally couldn't pay me to watch AFLX in its current format, its a pointless and needlessly intrusive concept that no one asked for or wanted (rather like The Greens Party)

Coming Soon to a TV near you!

AFLBBBCX = AFL BigBashBasketCricket.

Played on half a Soccer pitch, all 7 players for each side have a cricket bat, must try to hit the AFL ball into the oversized Basketball hoop, extra points ZOOPERDOOPERBASKET 9 runs for hitting one from outside the GA circle. (goal attack)

Hitting other players is ok as they all wear armour.

Back