Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Money Monster - good cast (Clooney et al) with a reasonable premise. But gee whiz, what a wasted effort as it started reasonably strong but really lost steam very quickly. Given the subject matter, it could have easily hit harder but really didn't. Without the stars in it, it was worth of a midday tv movie.

3/10

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back; a serviceable action film, bit cheesy at times, some ham-fisted dialogue, but plenty of fun action. But it goes to demonstrate why I've never really been compelled to pick up a Lee Child book. Just a bit of male wish fulfillment. 6.5/10

Papillon - ******* loved it!

Equalliser 2 - same. Thought it was brilliant.

Creed 2 - didn't think it was that great tbh. Hard to know for sure as I watched it after the NFL early morning games and felt scattered. Seemed to lag a bit, wasnt as good as the first.

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back; a serviceable action film, bit cheesy at times, some ham-fisted dialogue, but plenty of fun action. But it goes to demonstrate why I've never really been compelled to pick up a Lee Child book. Just a bit of male wish fulfillment. 6.5/10

Because males wish they were poor loners whose only skills are investigation and fighting? He doesn't even get laid in the movies.

Surely that POV is better applied to 007?

Sent from mTalk

The books are well worth a read. Don't be put off by terrible casting.
edit: ffs re Reacher
I've not read the books, so the casting is irrelevant to me. Cruise is largely fine in this movie, it's the paper-thin character that is the problem.

Because males wish they were poor loners whose only skills are investigation and fighting? He doesn't even get laid in the movies.

Surely that POV is better applied to 007?

Sent from mTalk
Badass super soldier with no ties drifts from town to town solving problems with his badassery. Maybe the books offer more depth, but he seems like a bit like a superhero with no discernible weakness.

Passengers: Boring, pointless, stupid, and terribly acted. 3/10

Upgrade: Entertaining enough, though the ending was a bit too predictable. 4.5/10

The Predator: Rubbish. Terrible acting all round, even by a few actors that are normally much better. Boyd Holbrook was also a terrible choice for lead in an action film. 3.5/10

Up in the Air (Clooney at his fiiiiinest) and Road Trip. Um... Stifler at his finest.

Behind Die Hard I assume?

I've never seen Die Hard.

So looking forward to hitting up some movies hard next week as I'll be on holidays. So thats middle of the day, weekdays, das it. Looking at seeing: Star, Widows and Second Act. (latter i know bit of puff but ill probably be in the mood for it).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am fully open minded to seeing it, should the situation arise.

Does that help any?
Depends how old you are I guess but it’s considered a classic-must see by anyone over 40. Has aged well and still holds its own today.

Hope you get a chance to see it, in fact I’m gonna watch it now, * it.

Depends how old you are I guess but it’s considered a classic-must see by anyone over 40. Has aged well and still holds its own today.

Hope you get a chance to see it, in fact I’m gonna watch it now, **** it.
A mate of mine created his own high school production and his main protagonist was named Hans Gruber. :D

My one regret of my time in LA was not seeing Fox Plaza. :(

Up in the Air (Clooney at his fiiiiinest) and Road Trip. Um... Stifler at his finest.

I've never seen Die Hard.

So looking forward to hitting up some movies hard next week as I'll be on holidays. So thats middle of the day, weekdays, das it. Looking at seeing: Star, Widows and Second Act. (latter i know bit of puff but ill probably be in the mood for it).

If you think that’s Stifler at his finest you’ve never seen Goon.

Bridesmaids. I had zero interest in this movie, but my wife had just started watching it when I sat down. Loved it. Really well written and terrific cast. Kristen Wiig and Melissa McCarthy were both fantastic.

8/10

Ok ill prepare for hate.

Die hard is not a Christmas movie (nor is Lethal Weapon). Occurring AT Christmas isnt sufficient on its own, its has to have a plot that requires Christmas.

Elf, Home Alone, Arthur Christmas, The Santa Claus.... all christmas movies.

And Arthur Christmas is the greatest christmas movie of all time by the length of the Flemington straight.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back