Suns in the Media - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Definitely a future fifth. Although listening to the video it sounded like West Coast initially told us they’d give a future fourth back. Must’ve changed their minds once they realised how desperate we were for McLellan and decided they could shaft us even more knowing we’d bend over anyway.

17er

Cancelled
Oct 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-04/future-picks-who-you-should-barrack-against-in-2019

GCS future pick information.

GCFC
IN
- Round one pick (tied to Brisbane)
- Round three pick (tied to Richmond)
- Round five pick (tied to West Coast)

Out
Round two pick to Brisbane
- Round three pick to Richmond
- Round four pick to St Kilda
You are omitting the fact that the Suns have two 1st round picks, our own and Brisbane's.

I have seen 3 media/online sources that say we traded for Jez and a 4th and 3 that say we got a 5th. I'd like to know for sure rather than be "fairly certain".

17er

Cancelled
Oct 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The article’s wrong.
Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 2.54.42 pm.png

GcSunsfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The Eagles and the AFL say it was a Future fifth round pick so I'll go with that thanks Eddie Lock it in
IMG_5789.jpg
IMG_5790.jpg

Last edited:

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
You are omitting the fact that the Suns have two 1st round picks, our own and Brisbane's.

I have seen 3 media/online sources that say we traded for Jez and a 4th and 3 that say we got a 5th. I'd like to know for sure rather than be "fairly certain".
I am not omitting anything ,
IN-IBrisbane first round pick .
No- IN or out for GC first round pick .

17er

Cancelled
Oct 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The Eagles and the AFL say it was a Future fifth round pick so I'll go with that thanks Eddie Lock it in
View attachment 595112View attachment 595118
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You just outsmarted yourself and gave the time signature for 20 seconds after Kall Burns and Craig Cameron confirm that Brady Rawlings will give back a fourth round pick. Just because the graphic says 5th round, why would they include video footage of the Recruitment Manager and General Manager saying it would be a 4th rounder?

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2018-12-12/draft-night-drama-suns-play-highstakes-game-to-get-their-man

Play from 12.31

17er

Cancelled
Oct 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Bro, it's wrong.

The AFL website, post the trade and draft period confirms it's a future 5th round pick. Many of your own clubs fans have also posted the same, yet you're only replying to my posts.
I've shown you proof from the Australian and the NAB Draft, and now the actual people who made the trade happen confirming it on video. It is also on Wikipedia. You have listed a couple of places where they say different. Clearly errors have been made. You are the one not acknowledging that there are conflicting reports.

17er

Cancelled
Oct 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I am not omitting anything ,
IN-IBrisbane first round pick .
No- IN or out for GC first round pick .
Then what is the point of summarising the Suns Draft position in 2019 if you don't include the most important pick?

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Then what is the point of summarising the Suns Draft position in 2019 if you don't include the most important pick?
If you keep your pick then there is no draft trade involved to other team ? You owned the original pick without any draft trade movement ?

Last edited:

17er

Cancelled
Oct 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
If you keep your pick then there is no draft trade involved to other team ? You owned the original pick without any draft trade movement ?
I don't know why you said is most important pick , if GCS make it to Top 8 that 2019 could become pick 10+ .
Based on ladder position over the past 2 seasons, the Suns pick will be higher than the Lions, yet both picks will be Top 5. Clearly, our own pick is the most important. The Lions pick is just a bonus - we gave up the pick we needed for Jez McLennan to get the future 1st rounder from the Lions and then traded back into the 1st round to get him anyway = total bonus!

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
I've shown you proof from the Australian and the NAB Draft, and now the actual people who made the trade happen confirming it on video. It is also on Wikipedia. You have listed a couple of places where they say different. Clearly errors have been made. You are the one not acknowledging that there are conflicting reports.
I've acknowledged them when I've said they're wrong.

Maybe you should watch the video to the very end, where the AFL confirms it's a future 5th round pick.

The AFL also confirm it's a fifth round pick with their up to date future picks owed page.

Wikipedia. Shows a future fifth round pick. ;)

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 8.49.55 pm.png

Last edited:

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Based on ladder position over the past 2 seasons, the Suns pick will be higher than the Lions, yet both picks will be Top 5. Clearly, our own pick is the most important. The Lions pick is just a bonus - we gave up the pick we needed for Jez McLennan to get the future 1st rounder from the Lions and then traded back into the 1st round to get him anyway = total bonus!
That does not mean that you are getting Eagles 4th round pick , my point still stand.
Currently GC 2019 draft pick

.GC first round pick
Brisbane first round pick
Richmond third round pick
Eagles 5th round pick ( Not 4th Rd )
Watch the GC video until end.
Screenshot_20181213-184651.png

Last edited:

GcSunsfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You just outsmarted yourself and gave the time signature for 20 seconds after Kall Burns and Craig Cameron confirm that Brady Rawlings will give back a fourth round pick. Just because the graphic says 5th round, why would they include video footage of the Recruitment Manager and General Manager saying it would be a 4th rounder?

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2018-12-12/draft-night-drama-suns-play-highstakes-game-to-get-their-man

Play from 12.31
mate I'm not going to fall into your trap and take the bait.

Please don't lie mate Kall Burns confirmed nothing he said to Craig Cameron look if it get to the death they (west coast) might give us back a future 4th round pick.
IMG_5795.PNG

Cameron said
IMG_5796.PNG

So at the end of the day it ended up being a future 5th round pick and everyone lived happily ever after
IMG_5790.jpg

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
17er what I am trying to said is from Eagles and Gold coast website and video , GCS is getting Eagles future 5th round for Mc Lennan trade , nothing to do with GC future first or Brisbane 1st in 2019.

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
numerous sites (including the gold coast suns website and afl website) note we received a 5th round pick.
a handful of other sources indicated we received a 4th round pick. regardless of what it is, what is the point to this bickering? it's a pick in the 50's or a pick in the 70's. it is more than likely going to be used on an academy player.

can we please finish this back and forth now, providing screenshots when there is proof of both sides (one eventually being wrong) isn't going to help. tweet patrick keane or cal twomey or someone like that and ask them, if they reply post it here. if you don't want to go to that extent, i think we're done here.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
How about all combatants in this squabble post a picture of themselves and we can settle this debate by having a vote on who is the most handsome??
I rather go and do something else. Maybe read some taoist , Buddism and Christian , atheist different world view .

17er

Cancelled
Oct 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
How about all combatants in this squabble post a picture of themselves and we can settle this debate by having a vote on who is the most handsome??
Some can't share their identities because they aren't 18 yet.

17er

Cancelled
Oct 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
This whole thing started because a Lions fan came on our board and rubbished the trade. The fact of the matter is that the Suns absolutely killed the Lions in this Draft and they are spewing.

First of all, there was the pick trade on October 10 where the Suns offloaded picks #32, #41, #44 and #78 to the Lions for picks #24, #59 and #80. This seemed like a weird trade, but the Suns needed to offload some picks and get up the Draft Board.

On October 16, the Suns used pick #59 to get George Horlin-Smith from Geelong.

On October 17, the Suns traded pick #19 (the infamous West Coast pick) to the Lions with the future 2nd and future 3rd (Hawks pick for Scrimshaw) in return for the Lions 2019 1st round pick.

Brisbane had a massive day of trading, giving Dayne Beams and the 2 early 3rd round picks they got from us a week earlier for a couple of Collingwood late 1st rounders after giving up pick #19 to get Lachie Neale.

On November 23, the Suns used the Lions 2nd rounder and the compo pick for Saad (who had originally come for nothing in the Rookie Draft) to go up and get Jez McLennan, the SA boy who grew up cheering for the Lions but wanted to become a Sun.

The Suns used their 5th round pick from the earlier Lions trade to select Caleb Graham.

Overall, the Suns got a way better Draft haul and the better of the Lions in trading. They helped us get McLennan and a saloon passage into next year's first round, while they picks they got from us just lubricated the Beams and Neale deals where they got paid unders and paid overs. It's sour grapes made to look like they are pointing out some sort of massive blunder the Suns have made.

Here is a great summary in graphic form. Ely Smith is their actual compo for Beams, with the 2nd half coming next year (Collingwood are paying $7 to win the flag, so this pick will be laaaate 1st round). Brisbane also took the cursed WC pick from us, doing us a huge favour in the process. And then there's McLovin, the 3rd piece in the Bromance. the Lions passed up O'Halloran (twice really, given they on-traded the pick he was selected with) and didn't see what we saw in Jez.

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 9.41.45 pm.png

17er

Cancelled
Oct 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Either me or you in this mode.

View attachment 595172
This is just you, I'm afraid. Unlike the rest of the posters, I actually did exhaustive research and found 6 reputable publications that gave conflicting information, at which point I admitted that I had found compelling evidence on both sides and really just wanted to get a clear answer. I found the Australian Newspaper and NAB AFL Draft Twitter account to be very reputable sources, while the video everyone got excited about gives conflicting impressions.

So, thank you for pointing out the narrow-mindedness of posters on this forum. Isn't it fascinating how singular people can get in their views? I'd appreciate any infographics you might have on how trolls get their jollies?

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
This is just you, I'm afraid. Unlike the rest of the posters, I actually did exhaustive research and found 6 reputable publications that gave conflicting information, at which point I admitted that I had found compelling evidence on both sides and really just wanted to get a clear answer. I found the Australian Newspaper and NAB AFL Draft Twitter account to be very reputable sources, while the video everyone got excited about gives conflicting impressions.

So, thank you for pointing out the narrow-mindedness of posters on this forum. Isn't it fascinating how singular people can get in their views? I'd appreciate any infographics you might have on how trolls get their jollies?
IMG_20181213_193106.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back