The off topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A former colleague contacted me this morning and told me there's a role going at his work that he thinks I'd be very suited to.

No idea what to do. Love where I work (money could be better), but I like my team, what I do, and the people in the office. Very flexible too. Also with the wedding I've got all my leave saved up and they're fine with me going.

Interesting issue to have, I guess.

A former colleague contacted me this morning and told me there's a role going at his work that he thinks I'd be very suited to.

No idea what to do. Love where I work (money could be better), but I like my team, what I do, and the people in the office. Very flexible too. Also with the wedding I've got all my leave saved up and they're fine with me going.

Maybe just stay where you are. Sounds like you are on a good wicket and more money isn't everything.

What's the role and industry? If it's a better fit than the current one definitely go for it

Maybe just stay where you are. Sounds like you are on a good wicket and more money isn't everything.
Financially it isn't anything wow, but I get by OK, and it helps the mrs earns good money. I enjoy where I work and I generally look forward to coming to work each day. Work/life balance is also great here.

What's the role and industry? If it's a better fit than the current one definitely go for it
Same industry, not entirely sure on the specifics of the role.

I've told my former colleague to have the person give me a call and I'd have a chat with them. It can't hurt at the very least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Until he has his junk removed(which he doesnt want too) surely hes a transvestite, not a trans sexual.
Interesting argument to be had there. So once her genatalia is removed, she could then play in your opinion? She’d still be much larger than the rest of the competition.

I don’t know what the answer is for this case. The images are certainly thought provoking.

Interesting argument to be had there. So once her genatalia is removed, she could then play in your opinion? She’d still be much larger than the rest of the competition.

I don’t know what the answer is for this case. The images are certainly thought provoking.

Yeah it is a huge grey area.

But to me no, she still shouldnt be able to play imo. Using the term transexual doesnt seem right to me as well while hes still got male sex organs and hes transvestite.

I think whatever you were born as is how you should be categorised when it comes to sport. It's fine for her to be born a man, change himself into a girl and then moving forward identify herself as a women. That's fine.

But you were born a man, so you cannot compete against women even though in later life you now identify as a woman. Because genetics are genetics, you are going to be bigger, stronger etc than your opposition which is unfair.

Just my take on it.

Fury would beat Joshua. Don’t think Wilder would.

I’m a big fan of Joshua but he has some big weaknesses imo. If Fury goes 12 rounds with him, I could see him winning that. Tough mother****** to knock out.
Fury has weaknesses too. Like he cant finish a fight. So he needs to outbox his opponents which he is capable of doing. But the difference between Wilder and Joshua is that Joshua can flat out box. Wilder is as his name suggests, wild. His form goes out the window as he throws haymakers and relies on his power to knock out people. It almost worked with Fury as he tagged him in that last round and thought he had won the fight.

But Joshua has huge power too but will be smarter with how he uses it. I think he can knock out Fury. But I guess only time will tell once they eventually meet.

I got contacted by my former colleague's workplace.

Similar sort of thing to what I'm doing now, with more room for growth, more flexibility, and the salary is about $20k more too.

They called me yesterday just to have a chat and it went very well. The lady on the other end of the line said she "really, really likes the look of my resume". They're going to call me again later on in the week and a formal interview will be in January.

Given what's on offer, it's going to be very hard to turn down.

Leaving my current employee will be tough/sad though.

The lady on the other end of the line said she "really, really likes the look of my resume".

Nice dilemma to have at least, good luck with the next steps.

Just be sure to remember what you placed on your resume.

TPQDmXgkyPgzc7EswGY4NaC-29Y=.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back