Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting Team:

DEF: Z.Williams, Blakely, Milera, L.Weller, B.Smith, Newman

MID: Wines, Viney, B.Crouch, J.Hopper, A.Hall, Hannebery, Liberatore, A.Miles

RUCK: Goldstein, Mumford

FWD: Dunkley, De Goey, Gresham, T.Greene, Daniher, Setterfield

This was just the ultimate mid-price madness team I could come up with.

Bolded are the players I'm actually gonna pick/seriously considering.

I also think it'd make this year more interesting and fun if I went for some POD's and stayed away from guys like Danger, Grundy, Titch etc... that everyone's gonna have in their team.

Viney hasn't been SC relevant so far but I think he went to another level in the finals and will kill it this year. Just one of those gut feelings I wouldn't mind taking a gamble on.

Aaron Hall averaged 95 in 2016 and 92 in 2017. He's capable of some pretty big scores. Could be a solid stepping-stone player.

Miles has a very SC friendly game. One would be foolish not to at-least consider him at the price he's at.

If Brad Crouch looks good and ready to go then I'm definitely starting him. A proven scorer in the past. Capable of averaging over 100.

To the many that have scrimshaw in their team. I can’t see him getting a game. Couldn’t on the gc. Would get 20 first half and 4 second half possessions in the 2s cause his tank was empty.

I’m very biased so take with a grain of salt but can’t see it happening early in the season anyway.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This was just the ultimate mid-price madness team I could come up with.

Bolded are the players I'm actually gonna pick/seriously considering.

I also think it'd make this year more interesting and fun if I went for some POD's and stayed away from guys like Danger, Grundy, Titch etc... that everyone's gonna have in their team.

Viney hasn't been SC relevant so far but I think he went to another level in the finals and will kill it this year. Just one of those gut feelings I wouldn't mind taking a gamble on.

Aaron Hall averaged 95 in 2016 and 92 in 2017. He's capable of some pretty big scores. Could be a solid stepping-stone player.

Miles has a very SC friendly game. One would be foolish not to at-least consider him at the price he's at.

If Brad Crouch looks good and ready to go then I'm definitely starting him. A proven scorer in the past. Capable of averaging over 100.
Hibberd, Burton, Aurora Corey Ellis, Scully, Laverde (if he can avoid injury), 2MP some others in that bracket.
Imagine if you could pick all the right midpricers, would be hard but you'd get off to a flyer.

Hmm, I wonder if any other players are planning on working hard over the summer also?:think:
Hard to argue, it's a nothing headline.
Don't think I could bring myself to start the people's grogan after last year's debacle,but then you wonder if it's those cognitive biases that often result in looking a gift horse in the mouth.
Might actually go ok, reckon Saints will rise a bit and he should benefit, to be honest.

Harris Andrews might be a nice POD.
Averaged 97 first 12 games before that sniper Cameron shattered his jaw.

Racks up points with spoils with his go go gadget arms.

The injury affected 22 lowered his average and took a couple of games to get settled on his return, finished the season with 91,96,91.

Fortune favours the brave...
Could genuinely go ok, last year was just so ******* painful. Worth monitoring, I suppose.

Hanners
Gresh more mid time (lade has said repeatedly)

Billings can f off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what's the popular thought on where the depth of rookies are this year & the structure ?

Do we go deep with a 6 premo midfield and 3 def & 3 Fwd structure ? .......just initially I'm struggling for Rookies both Defensively and Forwards ? .....thoughts

I have a bad feeling about Rookies this year.

Think we might find ourselves short on options forcing us to find value across the board and limit on field rooks..

A bad feeling about rooks after a SUPERDRAFT?

You're out of control kent.
So who are your "confident" under $150K Rookies then ? .....again lots of expensive Rookies & we know they all basically failed to appreciate in value enough last year

Def rookies look fairly bare to me at this stage, mids look fine and forwards okay.

As always there will be a bunch that pop up over the course of the pre-season.
Burgess, Hore, Collins, Clark, Scrimshaw

'Tobe Watson'.

How sure are we that this isn't Jobe Watson with a fake moustache?

GJ1DaxK.jpg

"Watson, who is this Watson? My name is Jobe Incognito"

Definitely a few there to keep an eye on but not too many screaming lock down back.

Think Mids we will be fine, obviously have the higher priced guys, Walsh and Smith etc, who might actually be worth a punt this year, If Bennell gets through the preseason and plays round 1 you probably have to pick him. Setterfield, Bewley, Constable, E.Smith, West, Gibbons* etc all look like solid options at this stage.

Cavarra, Parker, Setterfield etc up forward. I think we will be alright.

Hore has to slot into a backline with Hibberd, Lever, May, Jetta, Lewis, Salem, unless there are injuries i can't see him getting early games.

Scrimshaw couldn't get a gig at GC, will struggle big time to get minutes at Hawthorn.

From what it looks like no one here has mentioned Farrell from Port yet.

Will be a definite lock in the Port team next year and will see more time in the midfield as we need more speed.

He will be in my team.
Why are you so certain about Farrell ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back