Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
mate I'm not going to fall into your trap and take the bait.

Please don't lie mate Kall Burns confirmed nothing he said to Craig Cameron look if it get to the death they (west coast) might give us back a future 4th round pick.
View attachment 595163
Cameron said View attachment 595164
So at the end of the day it ended up being a future 5th round pick and everyone lived happily ever after
View attachment 595165
Great post - pretty clear on the evidence.
What the f.. is the difference between a future 4th and a future 5th anyway - a couple of points next year ?
Think some exchange had to take place to legitimise the deal. Really - West Coast gave us the trade to get whom we wanted .
Have said it before a pick is a pick - doesn't matter the number so long as you get your man.
Cameron and Burns wanted McLennen - because he wanted to be here - full stop.
(And please don't start re-hashing the failings of the Weller trade...:rolleyes: )

Except he didn't find any evidence. I did. All of it. I found all the sources saying 4th rounder and acknowledged 3 sources saying 5th rounder. All this little troll did was as he always does, which is try to disagree with every single thing I ever say and put his childish little likes on any comment that happens to go against my comments. Even his so-called evidence was compromised and his explanation as to why the video contradicted itself was very far from clear.

He will now report my post as he reports every single one of my posts. Your validation of him just encourages him and he's been on the warpath again after I embarrassed him over his ignorance of Southport Sharks sponsorship of the Suns.

I thought you were better than this, but you've made it clear you keep grudges.
Really 17er I like you a lot - but why do you always need to win the War ..??
Fact is - we got Jez and that was the aim . I'm sure he's thankful and so is the club ( he's been the standout draftee in the endurance stakes leading into the break).
I personally don't give a toss whether its a pick 4 or a pick 5 - both are practically worthless.
The more posters we have on here the better - GcSunsfan is one - I personally don't know or care of your relationship behind the scenes.
Please stop worrying about 'your enemies'. Just keep giving us the inciteful info that you do. Its appreciated by a lot of us here .
We sure are stuffed for conversation every time you get suspended ....:'(

Fact is - we got Jez and that was the aim . I'm sure he's thankful and so is the club ( he's been the standout draftee in the endurance stakes leading into the break).
I personally don't give a toss whether its a pick 4 or a pick 5 - both are practically worthless.
The more posters we have on here the better - GcSunsfan is one - I personally don't know or care of your relationship behind the scenes.
Please stop worrying about 'your enemies'. Just keep giving us the inciteful info that you do. Its appreciated by a lot of us here .

This. Don't fall into the bait/traps and don't go casting any yourself. It's not all a competition my friend. Will be monitoring both/all of you. Includes being trigger happy on the reports. That will be seen as bullying, which will in turn cause bans. You're both decent posters who like to be right. There are ways you can both have that without all the s**t. Let's try it

Maybe more of the insightful & less of the inciteful. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aw link is broken for me

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Must have been a positive post about the SUNS that got slapped down quickly by the EIC.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/un...t/news-story/7d42b2a7be7422077505e0b29c3a2c02

But despite the deluge of negativity that was poured on the club this year, Miles thinks the reality inside the football club is vastly different to the perception from beyond the four walls.

“If I went off what I was reading in the papers before I got here … there is a very different feel to what is portrayed at the moment. The guys are so dedicated to getting better and improving, so I’m loving it. The professional side of things up here is unbelievable,” he said. “There has been a real emphasis on family and inclusiveness of the whole club. I felt like I had been here for a year after a week. “I’ve been around to (Gold Coast CEO) Mark Evans and (chairman) Tony Cochrane’s for a meal, so the club is really inclusive from the top down ... What has really excited me in my first three or four weeks up here has been the vision of the club as a family and the desire to have people who want to be up here and want to drive the club culture.”

This whole thing started because a Lions fan came on our board and rubbished the trade. The fact of the matter is that the Suns absolutely killed the Lions in this Draft and they are spewing.

First of all, there was the pick trade on October 10 where the Suns offloaded picks #32, #41, #44 and #78 to the Lions for picks #24, #59 and #80. This seemed like a weird trade, but the Suns needed to offload some picks and get up the Draft Board.

On October 16, the Suns used pick #59 to get George Horlin-Smith from Geelong.

On October 17, the Suns traded pick #19 (the infamous West Coast pick) to the Lions with the future 2nd and future 3rd (Hawks pick for Scrimshaw) in return for the Lions 2019 1st round pick.

Brisbane had a massive day of trading, giving Dayne Beams and the 2 early 3rd round picks they got from us a week earlier for a couple of Collingwood late 1st rounders after giving up pick #19 to get Lachie Neale.

On November 23, the Suns used the Lions 2nd rounder and the compo pick for Saad (who had originally come for nothing in the Rookie Draft) to go up and get Jez McLennan, the SA boy who grew up cheering for the Lions but wanted to become a Sun.

The Suns used their 5th round pick from the earlier Lions trade to select Caleb Graham.

Overall, the Suns got a way better Draft haul and the better of the Lions in trading. They helped us get McLennan and a saloon passage into next year's first round, while they picks they got from us just lubricated the Beams and Neale deals where they got paid unders and paid overs. It's sour grapes made to look like they are pointing out some sort of massive blunder the Suns have made.

Here is a great summary in graphic form. Ely Smith is their actual compo for Beams, with the 2nd half coming next year (Collingwood are paying $7 to win the flag, so this pick will be laaaate 1st round). Brisbane also took the cursed WC pick from us, doing us a huge favour in the process. And then there's McLovin, the 3rd piece in the Bromance. the Lions passed up O'Halloran (twice really, given they on-traded the pick he was selected with) and didn't see what we saw in Jez.

View attachment 595185
I didn’t rubbish the trade.

I think McLennan is a great kid for you guys, and the price was ok.

All I did was point out that it wasn’t a future fourth rounder you got back.

You’re more than welcome to go back and quote my original post.

You’re a classic for putting incorrect words in people’s mouths, misquoting some one without actually providing the original quote, and simply attributing bs to people who have said no such thing.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/un...t/news-story/7d42b2a7be7422077505e0b29c3a2c02

But despite the deluge of negativity that was poured on the club this year, Miles thinks the reality inside the football club is vastly different to the perception from beyond the four walls.

“If I went off what I was reading in the papers before I got here … there is a very different feel to what is portrayed at the moment. The guys are so dedicated to getting better and improving, so I’m loving it. The professional side of things up here is unbelievable,” he said. “There has been a real emphasis on family and inclusiveness of the whole club. I felt like I had been here for a year after a week. “I’ve been around to (Gold Coast CEO) Mark Evans and (chairman) Tony Cochrane’s for a meal, so the club is really inclusive from the top down ... What has really excited me in my first three or four weeks up here has been the vision of the club as a family and the desire to have people who want to be up here and want to drive the club culture.”
Someone should go staple that to SEN's front door. Barret and Wallace's foreheads of there's any staples left over.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

First of all, I usually come here to make positive posts, because as a QLD’er I’m happy to show support for a fellow QLD team.

As for the Lions spewing about the Suns draft, seriously come off it.

The Suns had the picks to hit the draft hard. We didn’t. No one has mentioned anything about the Suns draft on the Lions board, apart from McLennan being a good get for you guys.

We prioritised midfield depth, and a couple of other positions during the trade period, knowing we were trading out of the top end of this years and next years draft.

You guys had the picks to have a good draft because you unfortunately lost some good players during the trade period.

In this regard the Lions and Suns trade and draft periods were chalk and cheese. Yet you seem bent on making it in to something adversarial.

You can even jump on the draft and trade page and see where I said I thought the Suns had a good draft in the post draft thread.
I don't think there is a need to keep talking about it, just different opinion nothing serious to heated up the conversation again. Next option - change topic.

holy s**t that's a quality young man there, finally someone that says more than the usual sound bite, he came from Richmond and says how professional we are, none of that seems trite seems very genuine to me

Gold Coast Suns academy members tested at preseason training
Tom Boswell, @TomBoswellGCB, Gold Coast Bulletin
December 15, 2018 12:00am

Raines evaluates 7 players who have been training with the club’s senior squad throughout the preseason - 3 full days per week including off-field activities.

Players involved Alex Davies, 16, Jack Johnston, 16, Connor Budarick, 17, Hewago ‘Ace’ Oea, 17, Josh Gore, 17, Dirk Koenen, 18, and Ryan Gilmore, 18

Hewago ‘Ace’ Oea paragraph:
“Ace came to a training session with our high- performance group last year and he wasn’t missing targets, he was quick, elusive and trained the house down. From then on we thought this kid had something. He still has a bit of work to do in terms of playing at that next level and executing his skills under pressure. What I love about him is his tenacity. He is fierce, tough and works hard. His third, fourth and fifth efforts are incredible and he has genuine leg speed.”

Last edited:
Round 1 team according to AFL.com.au - Whiting's team.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-15/r1-2019-who-plays-in-your-clubs-seasonopener

GCFC-header.png

TEAM EXPLAINED: Following the departure of Tom Lynch and Steven May and the Suns' list overhaul, there's plenty of question marks over the 2019 team. Off-season recruits Anthony Miles and George Horlin-Smith should win spots to help a young midfield, while Jack Hombsch will face a stiff challenge from Sam Collins to decide who will partner Rory Thompson as the second key defender. The midfield is deep, if a little inexperienced, and Will Brodie is just squeezed out here, but if Stuart Dew wants to keep promoting youth at all costs that could change. The forward line is a tricky balance. We've squeezed in Izak Rankine, which means a shift for Alex Sexton to the wing after a successful 2018 in the forward half. Jordan Murdoch is unlucky to miss out.

PRE-SEASON BATTLE: With Lynch gone, finding a partner for Peter Wright is a big talking point. While Jack Lukosius is supremely talented and undoubtedly the club's long-term option, the immediate battle could well be between Sam Dayand VFL recruit Josh Corbett while the young South Australian finds his feet. Day has had a slow start to pre-season following shoulder surgery but does have the advantage of being able to support Jarrod Witts in the ruck (so can Wright). Corbett might ultimately be a third tall forward with his strong running ability, but has been super-impressive in his first six weeks. - Michael Whiting

B: Jesse Joyce, Rory Thompson, Jarrod Harbrow
HB: Callum Ah Chee, Jack Hombsch, Pearce Hanley
C: Lachie Weller, David Swallow, Alex Sexton
HF: Jack Martin, Josh Corbett, Ben Ainsworth
F: Darcy MacPherson, Peter Wright, Izak Rankine
Foll: Jarrod Witts, Anthony Miles, Touk Miller
I/C: Brayden Fiorini, George Horlin-Smith, Jack Bowes, Aaron Young

Defender depth: Charlie Ballard, Sam Collins, Caleb Graham, Connor Nutting, Ben King, Jack Leslie, Jez McLennan, Michael Rischitelli, Josh Schoenfeld, Harrison Wigg,

Forward depth: Chris Burgess, Sam Day, Jacob Heron, Sean Lemmens, Jack Lukosius, Wil Powell, Brad Scheer

Midfield depth: Will Brodie, Jacob Dawson, Corey Ellis, Nick Holman, Jordan Murdoch

Ruck depth: Brayden Crossley, Tom Nicholls

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-15/r1-2019-who-plays-in-your-clubs-seasonopener

GCFC-header.png

TEAM EXPLAINED: Following the departure of Tom Lynch and Steven May and the Suns' list overhaul, there's plenty of question marks over the 2019 team. Off-season recruits Anthony Miles and George Horlin-Smith should win spots to help a young midfield, while Jack Hombsch will face a stiff challenge from Sam Collins to decide who will partner Rory Thompson as the second key defender. The midfield is deep, if a little inexperienced, and Will Brodie is just squeezed out here, but if Stuart Dew wants to keep promoting youth at all costs that could change. The forward line is a tricky balance. We've squeezed in Izak Rankine, which means a shift for Alex Sexton to the wing after a successful 2018 in the forward half. Jordan Murdoch is unlucky to miss out.

PRE-SEASON BATTLE: With Lynch gone, finding a partner for Peter Wright is a big talking point. While Jack Lukosius is supremely talented and undoubtedly the club's long-term option, the immediate battle could well be between Sam Dayand VFL recruit Josh Corbett while the young South Australian finds his feet. Day has had a slow start to pre-season following shoulder surgery but does have the advantage of being able to support Jarrod Witts in the ruck (so can Wright). Corbett might ultimately be a third tall forward with his strong running ability, but has been super-impressive in his first six weeks. - Michael Whiting

Defender depth: Charlie Ballard, Sam Collins, Caleb Graham, Connor Nutting, Ben King, Jack Leslie, Jez McLennan, Michael Rischitelli, Josh Schoenfeld, Harrison Wigg,

Forward depth: Chris Burgess, Sam Day, Jacob Heron, Sean Lemmens, Jack Lukosius, Wil Powell, Brad Scheer

Midfield depth: Will Brodie, Jacob Dawson, Corey Ellis, Nick Holman, Jordan Murdoch

Will Brodie over GHS surely

GCFC-header.png

Think it could be very different to that . Lots of players now with versatility . No guarantee the new guys play straight away - and will those that missed time last year get back in on past record ? Anyone naming a Suns team now is seriously guessing IMO. And - that's the way it should be..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back