Coaster2012

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Manchester City, Lakers
Depends what you mean by break out?

Are we talking a young player who suddenly becomes a really good player? Or an already established player who suddenly becomes elite?

For us, Oscar Allen will become a solid WC name in 2019.

TooBlue14

Cancelled
Feb 5, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Depends what you mean by break out?

Are we talking a young player who suddenly becomes a really good player? Or an already established player who suddenly becomes elite?

For us, Oscar Allen will become a solid WC name in 2019.
Both

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Angus Brayshaw
Cummins (GWS)
Harry Morrison

Real early but Im bullish on the 2 SA boys Rankine and Lukocious.

I feel like hes really tracking to having a big big year, but after only 8+ years Wattys finally going to take the comp by the scruff of the neck:D:p (if you cant hear my sarcasm by now, then soz)
Cumming hasn’t played a game yet..?

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Aiden Bonar
Adam Cerra
Sam Taylor
Paddy Dow
Izak Rankine

I think Sam Taylor has already broken out, in the sense he'smade it clear he's a best 22 defender and he has a rising star nom.

A meniscus tear ended his season. The medical report said he could have played, but jabbing a first year player and sending him out even somewhat hampered mightn't have been best for him long term. It can put pressure on a developing body in other areas.

Confident he'll play next year. Leon plays 4 tall backs, and he loves the flexibility to take different size opponents, which Taylor has.

ThatsjustDappa

Premiership Player
Feb 19, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
images

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Zac Bailey, there were quarters late last year where he was the only lion firing. Very impressive for a first year kid. Think he has a surprising versatility, could cement a spot at any part of the ground.

Gallucci is another who fired late last year, think it’ll be another middling year for Adelaide with a few key players getting long in the tooth. But Gal to show it’ll be a quick bounce back.

Langford kinda already established as AFL quality but think he’ll improve significantly next year. I’ll go as far as to say likely to be in the first choice midfield rotation.

Last edited:

carnaroys08

Cancelled
Sep 4, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Cowboys, Storm.
PAGE 1
Jarrod Berry
From a Sainter: good onya saintkildaman.
3. Dan Mc Stay
From a Cat: your a good judge Vdubs
McLuggage
From an Eagle: you know when a tree is ready to drop fruit Carbine Chaos.
I don’t see Cam Rayner waiting too long to become a top line player. Kid is a beast.
From a Demon: you have recent experience in seeing what it takes Sprout.
2. Hugh McCluggage
From a Cat, you know your footy Benny78.
3. Hugh Mccluggage
From a Hawk: you've seen it first hand BJK#5, many many times.
3/Eric Hipwood
From a Tiger: you've seen plenty of star forwards @ Tigerland, a straight line is the way to go hey Socrates2.
Gee I really like Hugh McCluggage - maybe a season too early next year - but he has AA written all over him
From an Eagle: you know what it takes to be AA The Falcon Strike.

Page2
From a Tiger: another astute Tiger who's side's history is littered with star FF's & CHF's hey juss.
From a Docker: your on the money Unique Name, another good judge.
All i know is McCluggage will be number 1. Hawks fans know first hand how good he can be at full flight.
From a Hawk: couldn't have said it better myself Barlow#14.
Eric Hipwood
From a Crow: you'd love him running around with Tex hey Danger in Texas.
Jarrod Berry
From a Bulldog: you must have seen him with his shirt off recently cherrypie.
Mccluggage
Rayner Hipwood
From a Hawk: Hawks know what it takes, you've seen it so often haven't you Mitchell54.
From a Docker: Big Cox nah, you appreciate it's the little Cox exploding from the back line you need to be wary of Joao.

Page 3 (Best page from the TRUTH Newspaper )
Giant Pete: post: 59100621 said:
1. McLuggage
From a Giant: you've got plenty of silk at GWS to compaare him with Giant Pete.
Beware the Bear.
From a trolling Magpie: 2002, 2003 has taught you a lesson, the insight has given you foresight; well done McOrist.
Hugh McCluggage
From a Bomber: the Baby Bomber era has taught you well blitzer.
McClug Hipwood
From a Bomber: un_eggs you also know "Baby's" can win Flags.
Raynor McCluggage
From a Tiger: your word & your balls. I'll take your word on it tony_montana.

Make the Lions the Team you have a soft spot for when your not playing against them. The underdogs who have to compete with the NRL Brisbane Bronco's Machine. I loved it when Fitzroy was most peoples "2nd side", it gave me warm & fuzzies for all teams except Collingwood. Start hating Collingwood; if you already do then make it official. They are this Centuries GF bunnies of the Lions. While you follow your side passionately next season, enjoy the exciting brand of the #UNCAGED Lions in a special way when we play your rivals. Buy in for a little part of it. Invest in the excitement. For only $30 I think you can be an Official Lions Supporter & for an extra $25 you can receive a Birthday Card from your favourite Lions Breakout player. We turned the Magpies into Runners-Up twice this Century, more than anyone else. That's gotta get us some cred amongst you other 16 teams in the League. Get on now, buy into the Cinderella story! We want you. You'll love the ride.

carnaroys08

Cancelled
Sep 4, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Cowboys, Storm.
I’ve never cringed harder in my life while reading a post
Good lad. 1 flag from 5 attempts this century. That's sensational You might be due for another flag by 2055 after another 6 or 7 losses. So that's 2 for the Lions & 1 each for the Cats & Eagles this century. Laddie, I'll be wearing Purple when the Dockers beat you & Red & Gold when the Sun's get their turn
2 Flags & 12 runners-up since 1958 isn't it? You even got a threepeat 79/80/81 & went Back to Back 2002/3. Your like a reverse Hawthorn or a reverse Crows. That's Gold.
Collingwood, truly the best Club to hate. They rarely let you down.

edit: felt awful when the ball bounced the wrong way for Milne. The Sainters would have won their only 2 flags beating Collingwood, both times by less than a kick.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
Good lad. 1 flag from 5 attempts this century. That's sensational You might be due for another flag by 2055 after another 6 or 7 losses. So that's 2 for the Lions & 1 each for the Cats & Eagles this century. Laddie, I'll be wearing Purple when the Dockers beat you & Red & Gold when the Sun's get their turn
2 Flags & 12 runners-up since 1958 isn't it? You even got a threepeat 79/80/81 & went Back to Back 2002/3. Your like a reverse Hawthorn or a reverse Crows. That's Gold.
Collingwood, truly the best Club to hate. They rarely let you down.

edit: felt awful when the ball bounced the wrong way for Milne. The Sainters would have won their only 2 flags beating Collingwood, both times by less than a kick.

Yeah Collingwood lose a lot of grand finals, but I tell you what we don’t do - miss the finals thirteen times in fourteen years and ride on glories from before the US invaded Iraq.

The only reason people are riding on Brisbane as their “second team” is out of pity. Sorry to s**t on your parade but that’s all it is - pity. Footy fans love underdogs and back the strugglers and your team has been the biggest struggler of the last decade. Hopefully the pity support makes you feel good about supporting Brisbane but as an actual fan of club success, I’d rather a premiership and several rounds of finals runs over the last decade than have what your club dished up to it’s fans every week in that same time frame.

It’s funny you constantly refer back to those two grand finals and it’s funny because it’s literally you have - what have you done better since Collingwood since then? Nothing! Collingwood supporters don’t care about Brisbane in the slightest, your supporters and you in particular are desperate to maintain some kind of hatred between the two clubs (not sure why, after all your club won the premierships). Enter relevancy and have something to show for your last fifteen years and you might get some kind of rivalry going. All you are is dust in the wind.

Back