The Bar - Beer, Wine & Spirits Discussion Thread

stalking wilbur

Draftee
Dec 3, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Jim Beam genuinely tastes like arse. Whats a decent cheap bourbon?

Depends what you consider cheap. Jim Beam is near the floor price for spirits in excise alone.

You can get some amazing stuff for under $60. Woodford Reserve, Buffalo Trace and George Dickel are all fantastic.

Not cheap, but at less than $100 and drinks as well as some really high tier stuff, Eagle Rare 10yr Old is definitely worth a look when you feel like lashing out.

Jun 28, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Depends what you consider cheap. Jim Beam is near the floor price for spirits in excise alone.

You can get some amazing stuff for under $60. Woodford Reserve, Buffalo Trace and George Dickel are all fantastic.

Not cheap, but at less than $100 and drinks as well as some really high tier stuff, Eagle Rare 10yr Old is definitely worth a look when you feel like lashing out.

Depends if he's mixing it though. If so I wouldn't bother with much better than Jack Daniels or Makers Mark.

Mar 1, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
For those in this thread who, like me, are lovers of Nail's VPA, do yourself a favour and pick up some of these:
Nail-Super-VPA-cans-180917-204539.png

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
For those in this thread who, like me, are lovers of Nail's VPA, do yourself a favour and pick up some of these:
Nail-Super-VPA-cans-180917-204539.png
That and a 4 pack of VPA got me going on sat. Regretted not buying more as I was left with bumming single fins and Elsie’s after that.

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Wife got a Dan Murphy's voucher as a work gift so went down to spend it, haven't been in over a year - damn they've vastly improved their beer range.
Yep, they've cottoned onto the craft beer (and cider) market. Them along with Liquor Shed in Jandakot and that place on Great Eastern Highway all have great Beer and Cider selections.

Liquor Shed has a lot of stuff from down south and more European beers than any other place I've seen so for those who like that disgusting euro stuff this is your place :p

avishka5

150 game legend.
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Wife got a Dan Murphy's voucher as a work gift so went down to spend it, haven't been in over a year - damn they've vastly improved their beer range.
yeah pretty sure they take 20% off if you get 4 cans as well.

avishka5

150 game legend.
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Their craft beer section used to be Gage Roads, Feral and Pirate Life. Grabbed a 6 pack of Kaiju Krush for $22 - pretty happy with that. Makes me want to pop by your place and push some stools in.
My stools are currently in a liquid state. So I’m not sure about that.

Back