MMA-UFC UFC Fight Night / UFC on Fox Events

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Tai looked good in a loss. He had Junior is all sorts of trouble in round 1

My word he did. Perhaps got a bit over anxious to finish and JDS took his chance. It's such a knife edge with winning and losing, Jim Crute nearly cost himself by slipping at one stage, went straight into a really bad spot and did well to not get subbed.

Bad loss for my boy Tyson Pedro, Shogun's a legend but not a good stage in his career to cop a loss like that, missed a great opportunity.

Just finished watching the reply on Fox Sports. Well, the two final fights (Pedro and Tuivasa).

Neither of the 'locals' (Pedro and Tuivasa) looked impressive. Both outclassed and outsmarted.

Good on them for the effort. And both seem likeable as people. Will watch them in future.

Both locals seemed like they had no 'plan b', which is a big problem when 'plan a' is knock the other guy out early with a haymaker.

Does anybody know what the odds were pre-fight?

And what was with the 'indigenous' intro for Tuivasa? Those 'indigenous' dancers were almost at parody level of absurdity and discoordination.

This country sometimes...

Instead of defending the ground & pound Tai was too busy trying to throw punches back from the bottom lol. Low fighter IQ. Still has A LOT to learn.

Yep, this fight showed just how green Tai is. When JDS buzzed him with that first right hand he waved him in and ended up walking in to the combo that dropped him. He looked better than he did in the Arlovski fight (I was shocked that he got the decision in that fight), but he's still got a lot to learn.

Anyone hear an update on Pedro's knee/ankle? The way it gave out in the third round really didn't look good.

Seems like I disagree with the majority on here about the finish in the Yussuf vs Mokhtarian fight. Suman was rocked pretty bad and was merely holding his arms over his face. The ref gave him time to improve his position and he didn't do it. Sure he wasn't out, but he was likely on his way there.

Yep, this fight showed just how green Tai is. When JDS buzzed him with that first right hand he waved him in and ended up walking in to the combo that dropped him. He looked better than he did in the Arlovski fight (I was shocked that he got the decision in that fight), but he's still got a lot to learn.

Anyone hear an update on Pedro's knee/ankle? The way it gave out in the third round really didn't look good.

Seems like I disagree with the majority on here about the finish in the Yussuf vs Mokhtarian fight. Suman was rocked pretty bad and was merely holding his arms over his face. The ref gave him time to improve his position and he didn't do it. Sure he wasn't out, but he was likely on his way there.

I’m with you on the Mohktarian stoppage. Ref gave him plenty of warning too

That's a shame. She was feeling so good coming into this fight.

“On Friday morning UFC flyweight Jessica-Rose Clark was deemed medically unfit to compete by UFC physicians,” a UFC official said in a statement released to MMAjunkie. “As a result the scheduled flyweight bout with Clark and Andrea Lee has been cancelled.”
edit: passed out during her cut.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barboza has only lost to Cerrone, Kevin Lee, Khabib and Michael Johnson on the last 6 years...

Really tough fight but if he can somehow pull it off he’s suddenly in the mix thereabouts. Even if he drops it but puts on a good showing it may help. On paper it’s a bad stylistic matchup for him though. (He should have reach and height on him though I think)

Really tough fight but if he can somehow pull it off he’s suddenly in the mix thereabouts. Even if he drops it but puts on a good showing it may help. On paper it’s a bad stylistic matchup for him though. (He should have reach and height on him though I think)

Oh, no one would love him to win more than I, I take a sincere pride in calling him a future ufc contender in his AFC days but I just can’t see any justification for him being the betting favourite in this fight.

Oh, no one would love him to win more than I, I take a sincere pride in calling him a future ufc contender in his AFC days but I just can’t see any justification for him being the betting favourite in this fight.

Agree with you, money to be made perhaps? It’s the ultimate hedge betting against Aussies/Kiwis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back