Draft Profile Liam Stocker

Remove this Banner Ad

True. Jeremias however speculating Port, Pies, Geelong, Adelaide, Freo secretly had Stocker very high in their draft board and choose to not take him is not data its clutching at straws. Indeed there is a possibility but its a long shot at best.
He didn't say that and you don't know where those clubs rated Stocker. Your just making things up now.

True. Jeremias however speculating Port, Pies, Geelong, Adelaide, Freo secretly had Stocker very high in their draft board and choose to not take him is not data its clutching at straws. Indeed there is a possibility but its a long shot at best.

Jeremias is just pointing to what the data cannot tell us and illustrating why.

I use Jye Caldwell as an example; when all we have to go by is draft order, one can’t just say that being taken at pick 11 means he wasn’t rated top 10 by any of the clubs who overlooked him. Indeed, he could have been rated top 10 by every club that overlooked him and still been taken at 11.

Same as saying Tigers had RCD rated number 1 and got him for a steal

Would be great, that at the end of the draft, all recruiters had to release their power rankings
Richmond had RCD ranked #13 and was mentioned he would be gone by our selection

Hill , Smith , O'Halloran ,McHenry were the players in our thoughts for our 1st selection

None of us really know though, not even if the information has come first hand, unless they are released publicly, it is hearsay
Well that goes for 90% of the things discussed on forums, There are people who have inside info like many other industries people talk and reveal info and thats all we can go on really.

I remeber speaking with Ameet Bains a few years ago and what he said was whilst we all have our wish lists there a multiple players that are grouped and depending on which players are taken and which player we have taken prior that list is fluid.

But from whats come out of Richmond they were genuinely surprised the RCD was available and Stocker whilst touted to Richmond he was not our next choice had he been available.

But he is now a Carlton player and hope he does well and wish him all the luck in his career and I hope RCD has a Fantastic career at Richmond and becomes our cripps

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't have Rowell in the top 12

you have no idea what the draft class is like next year

Thats nice, Arr0w. Some player-managers that watch the juniors reckon he is going to win the brownlow a couple times

and he is no Buddy or Martin

So you keep saying. Williams has tremendous upside too, if he pulls the finger out.

Thats nice, Arr0w. Some player-managers that watch the juniors reckon he is going to win the brownlow a couple times

So you keep saying. Williams has tremendous upside too, if he pulls the finger out.

Perhaps post your thoughts in the phantom drafts board, rather than continuing in this thread

Still feel he won't make it and is in the chris masten mould which I guess isn't that bad

Most people would take a premiership player. Not too sure how masten hasn’t “made it”.

Not every player can be the best.

None of us really know though, not even if the information has come first hand, unless they are released publicly, it is hearsay
What if you attend your clubs draft function and the recruiters at the function discuss the draft pool, where the club rank players, and who they’re specifically looking at with their first round pick/s.

In previous years at Lions draft functions there have been lists circulated amongst those attending.

The information is not released publicly, but becomes common knowledge on the Lions board, especially when multiple BF members attend the draft function.

Crows do/did NOT want another average paced inside mid that lacks versatility with questionable endurance even if he is a decent kick, hence the selection of the far more versatile inside/outside mid Chayce Jones who is a quite a bit quicker, already has elite endurance and can play multiple positions. All of Adelaide's picks Chayce Jones, Ned McHenry, Will Hamill and Lachlan Sholl right through to the rookie drafting of Jordan Butts have one thing in common....All are running machines......and all are very versatile. Looks pretty obvious to me Pyke's game plan going forward is going to involve a lot of running and repeat efforts, areas where Stocker still has big ????'s

Don't agree, Liam Stocker is a safe choice, very solid midfielder with some tricks, good burst of speed form the contest, nice kick, dual sided, 2nd half of the season should dispel any unsubstantiated doubts. He’s not just another midfielder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back