Society/Culture Hypocrisy of The Left - part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

What is one of the cornerstones of a liberal democracy?
Freedom of speech, to a point, otherwise how could you possibly have a proper liberal democracy if anyone could say anything about anyone? I think the powerful would make good use of their freedom to threaten people at polling stations, for a start.

Freedom of hate speech?
What is hate speech? If someone says “the majority of Pakistanis are inbred” should they be censored by the state, even though it’s true? Are facts hate speech? Is saying “women don’t have penises” hate speech? Should we get the state involved for that. Gotta protect the powerless from the “powerful”

What is hate speech? If someone says “the majority of Pakistanis are inbred” should they be censored by the state, even though it’s true? Are facts hate speech? Is saying “women don’t have penises” hate speech? Should we get the state involved for that. Gotta protect the powerless from the “powerful”

How the fk could saying woman dont have penises be hate speech? Are you seriously using this as an example or just lacking in imagination.

Are you ok with the Westboro church targetting the funerals of soldiers with their hate speech?

I am not.

Have you ever been to a funeral? They're horrible enough as is without being trolled.

That is another form of s**t i cant stand. Families of teenagers who have suicided being abused and trolled. Wow there are some specimens in this world.
Yes, I have been to a funeral.

I think the Westboro Baptist Church should be free to picket funerals, but equally, people be free to exclude members of the WBC from everything. Imagine a campaign to not serve members of the WBC in any business? Would quickly wind up that little religion.

It's a low I.Q. bubble existence. These people would faint if their narrow reality crumbled before them. Try to picture their response if the 1st Panzer division was rolling through Fitzroy? Every budding feminist latte entrepreneur would be putting curls in their hair and jumping in to the arms of the nearest alpha male they could find.

:D:D

SB is torn between wanting a 1950s lets make australia great again and a mad max distopia.

Are you ok with the Westboro church targetting the funerals of soldiers with their hate speech?
I think you only hold this position, because there are no real world implications for your 'anonymous' persona.

There are plenty of instances in your real-world life, where you would agree with limitations to free speech. Ideology always tastes beter online.

I think you only hold this position, because there are no real world implications for your 'anonymous' persona.

There are plenty of instances in your real-world life, where you would agree with limitations to free speech. Ideology always tastes beter online.
This charge could be leveled against most people on here, and as such, is baseless.

Unless you’re going to publish your full identity, refrain from accusing others of being anonymous.

Strange response. I feel like your wording is deliberate to set something up down the track, as you are very particular with your words.
This charge
A low level assertion, more an implication.
This charge could be leveled against most people on here, and as such, is baseless.
You point out that my implication is probably right against most people on here. So how is it baseless??
Unless you’re going to publish your full identity, refrain from accusing others of being anonymous.
Accusing?
Isn't it more a statement of fact? As you and I are both 'anonymous' on this site.

But that's all a strange direction.

My point is just that you might say online that you are in support of total free speech (and let the market decide). But in reality you would actually support free speech with limitations.

Strange response. I feel like your wording is deliberate to set something up down the track, as you are very particular with your words.
A low level assertion, more an implication.

You point out that my implication is probably right against most people on here. So how is it baseless??

Accusing?
Isn't it more a statement of fact? As you and I are both 'anonymous' on this site.

But that's all a strange direction.

My point is just that you might say online that you are in support of total free speech (and let the market decide). But in reality you would actually support free speech with limitations.
It’s strange how you take it upon yourself to police the aliases and anonymity of others, Floor Pie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought you were playing a long game of some sort. Looks like you were just using it to call me Floor Pie again.

I tried to engage you, you're not interested.

You think the Westboro Baptist Church should be free to target funerals with hate speech. But you have a problem with me calling out alias accounts
The only difference is because one of them has actually had a personal impact on you.

Do you understand now, why I believe your ideological stance of unfettered free speech wouldn't actually be your real-world stance?

I thought you were playing a long game of some sort. Looks like you were just using it to call me Floor Pie again.

I tried to engage you, you're not interested.

You think the Westboro Baptist Church should be free to target funerals with hate speech. But you have a problem with me calling out alias accounts
The only difference is because one of them has actually had a personal impact on you.

Do you understand now, why I believe your ideological stance of unfettered free speech wouldn't actually be your real-world stance?

You fill this board up with nothing more than white noise and utter shite.

I actually feel sorry for you. So I've been working really hard on avoiding embarrassing you again. You're not making it easy for me.

Exhibit A.

I'm serious, you provide sweet * all around here.

All you do is engage in endless reductionist bullshit. No interesting counter points, no worthwhile evidence, nothing.

I’m not calling for you to be arrested, you peanut. A person can be personally opposed to WBC picketing funerals while believing the law shouldn’t get involved.

Do you understand the distinction?

I’m not calling for you to be arrested, you peanut. A person can be personally opposed to WBC picketing funerals while believing the law shouldn’t get involved.

Do you understand the distinction?
You're not calling for me to be arrested. Nor are you calling for members of the WBC to be arrested. But you're personally "ok" with them picketing a funeral, while you have a problem with me calling out new accounts of banned posters.

Neither situation involves the law.

Picketing the funeral of a loved one is much more significant than calling out an alias on bigfooty. But you're OK with one, and upset with the other.

The distinction being that one personally affects you, and the other doesn't.

Deep down, you agree with me that there should be limitations on free speech.

If a woman followed you around for weeks, screaming that you raped her. Would you want the law to get involved, or would you support her free speech and let the market decide?
Do you support the #MeToo movement?

You're not calling for me to be arrested. Nor are you calling for members of the WBC to be arrested. But you're personally "ok" with them picketing a funeral, while you have a problem with me calling out new accounts of banned posters.

Neither situation involves the law.
Memory really is not your strongest attribute, is it? You seem incapable of holding more than one thing in your brain at a time.

The context of the discussion before you weighed in:
Better to be closer to the side of free speech absolutism, as it causes minimal harm, than allow the state to overreach.
It's not such a bad idea for the state to take reasonable steps to ensure that the less-powerful have some sort of defence, is it?
Yes, it is a bad idea. You envision the state as a father to keep the siblings from squabbling. This does not diminish the powerful’s power, it entrenches it.
Note the bolded. The state = the law.

Then nicky asked the question, which I understood in the context of the previous discussion on whether the state should legislate against speech:

You really are a moron.

What is one of the cornerstones of a liberal democracy?
Freedom of hate speech?

I am not.

Have you ever been to a funeral? They're horrible enough as is without being trolled.

That is another form of s**t i cant stand. Families of teenagers who have suicided being abused and trolled. Wow there are some specimens in this world.
Yes, I have been to a funeral.

I think the Westboro Baptist Church should be free to picket funerals, but equally, people be free to exclude members of the WBC from everything. Imagine a campaign to not serve members of the WBC in any business? Would quickly wind up that little religion.
No state involvement. You think they should be free to picket funerals, and let the market decide.

But you don't actually believe that. Because if someone was picketing the funeral of your father, you would be compelled to do something rather than letting the market decide.

Memory really is not your strongest attribute, is it? You seem incapable of holding more than one thing in your brain at a time.

The context of the discussion before you weighed in:

Note the bolded. The state = the law.

Then nicky asked the question, which I understood in the context of the previous discussion on whether the state should legislate against speech:

You really are a moron.
To cut this short. Do you agree that you are not OK with the WBC picketing funerals? Regardless of state influence.
And so you would also agree that there needs to be some limitation on free speech?

No state involvement.
Read it again, moron. You quoted this post:

You are as thick as s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back