Intermittent fasting

Remove this Banner Ad

I was going to buy some of that bulk nutrients vitamin powder but didn’t end up going ahead.

Do you rate it?
Like most supliments it's difficult to gauge how effective they are but my GP was in favor (knowing I have a healthy diet) because if there's anything I am deficient in it will top it up.

It sounds like you guys are having massive lunches, massive dinners, and then fruit and nuts in between as a snack?

I aim for a thousand calories – generally a decent dinner, a bit for lunch, and a coffee or two. Damn.

Aren't you a fairly heavy drinker? There's 300 cal just in a pot of beer.

If you are only consuming 1000 calories a day even one beer at 100 calories is still 10% of you calorie intake.

That's not true. About 200 calories in a 500ml Guinness and that's a carby beer.

I don't drink Monday to Thursday anymore anyway.
Yeah but the booze has more calories than the carbs anyway

A couple of questions for those more knowledgeable than me in matters related to fasting.

I have been doing 99% of my running/Hot Yoga classes in the morning in a fasted state, I sweat profusely. I currently have lemon juice, a pinch of salt and a dob of honey mixed with tepid water straight after.

1- Would that drink be enough to break the fast?
2- Is it fine to continue the "fast" for the rest of the day or should I ideally be eating something and if so when ie. straight after or wait a while?

A couple of questions for those more knowledgeable than me in matters related to fasting.

I have been doing 99% of my running/Hot Yoga classes in the morning in a fasted state, I sweat profusely. I currently have lemon juice, a pinch of salt and a dob of honey mixed with tepid water straight after.

1- Would that drink be enough to break the fast?
2- Is it fine to continue the "fast" for the rest of the day or should I ideally be eating something and if so when ie. straight after or wait a while?
1- Enough honey will illicit an insulin response and be considered fast breaking by anyone's standards, there's also a bit of sugar in lemon juice. I would want to make sure there was less than 10 calories (so no more than 2.5g) of carbs in the drink. Although it depends a little bit on what you're trying to get out of fasting (reduce appetite, losing weight, autophagy, increase insulin sensitivity, etc.)
2- It's definitely fine to continue fasting during the day

Beer is definitely one I have to sort out . Not the best time of year to be cutting back though.

I actually used MyFitnessPal for the first time since August or September and it had my weight as 94kg, I'm bang on 88kgs now so 6kg in a few months without really going over the top is pretty good. This week I've started being more mindful of calories, trying to get under 2000 a day but I'm not very good at portions and the app s**t's me.

Going to look at joining the gym after the holidays too hopefully.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beer is definitely one I have to sort out . Not the best time of year to be cutting back though.

I actually used MyFitnessPal for the first time since August or September and it had my weight as 94kg, I'm bang on 88kgs now so 6kg in a few months without really going over the top is pretty good. This week I've started being more mindful of calories, trying to get under 2000 a day but I'm not very good at portions and the app s**t's me.

Going to look at joining the gym after the holidays too hopefully.
Sorting beer out, this is the only choice. Zero carb, zero sugar and only 88cals per stubby
Generic_Bundle.ashx

Sorting beer out, this is the only choice. Zero carb, zero sugar and only 88cals per stubby
Generic_Bundle.ashx

Yeah I know, I just don't enjoy then though. Taste like bin water. I drink gold predominantly, 109cal, 7g carbs, .4 sugar. If I feel fancy I drink Pure Blonde, not sure on their numbers but claim to be low carb.

Vodka lime soda seems about the best alcoholic drink you can have

Beers aren’t too bad

I’d still try and stay away from sugar filled drinks including Canadian, jd.
Some times will still have them.

Not that I drink very often, but rum and Diet Coke goes ok.

Vodka lime soda seems about the best alcoholic drink you can have

Beers aren’t too bad

I’d still try and stay away from sugar filled drinks including Canadian, jd.
Some times will still have them.
G&Ts pretty good if you like them as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back