2019 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess it's semantics, like the terms "elite" or "superstar".

I think our list was good enough to have won this year's flag if they were motivated and playing under the right gameplan. I think our best football is better than what West Coast and Collingwood served up on Grand Final day. That's what I mean by premiership quality list.

I also think we can click and start blowing teams away, but we're now in year 4 of seeing glimpses of that in what is otherwise bad football. I think a huge part of our issue is that there is a lack of accountability at the club from top to bottom. If I could pick 1 person to lose their job immediately, it'd be Koch, because ultimately he's the numero uno and while he's in charge, even if we change CEOs, coaches and players, they're just going to be replaced by people who fit in with his philosophy.
It starts at the top & im not talking bout ceo, board members yada yada but the spotlight was is & always will be on the Coach. It’s debatable whether we’ve strengthened or weakened the squad for 2019 but if we stink it up again my money is Hinkley to walk or be sacked followed by KT & Co

I guess it's semantics, like the terms "elite" or "superstar".

I think our list was good enough to have won this year's flag if they were motivated and playing under the right gameplan. I think our best football is better than what West Coast and Collingwood served up on Grand Final day. That's what I mean by premiership quality list.

I also think we can click and start blowing teams away, but we're now in year 4 of seeing glimpses of that in what is otherwise bad football. I think a huge part of our issue is that there is a lack of accountability at the club from top to bottom. If I could pick 1 person to lose their job immediately, it'd be Koch, because ultimately he's the numero uno and while he's in charge, even if we change CEOs, coaches and players, they're just going to be replaced by people who fit in with his philosophy.
It starts at the top & im not talking bout ceo, board members yada yada but the spotlight was is & always will be on the Coach. It’s debatable whether we’ve strengthened or weakened the squad for 2019 but if we stink it up again my money is Hinkley to walk or be sacked followed by KT & Co

I've just heard it all before. I heard Koch insist that questions will be asked and people will be moved on and all that kind of bluff and bluster for the last 4 years.

Since we were last a genuinely good football team in 2014, the Chairman is the same, the CEO is the same, the head of the footy dept is the same, the head coach is the same, the most senior assistant coach is the same. We haven't won a final in that time despite going into 2015 as premiership favourites.

If Wingard and Polec had to go, they had to go, but it's sick that they were traded while all of Koch, KT, Davies, Ken and Voss hold their places.
If we dont' make the finals, Ken will go.

How long does the club last if all members decided to do this?

You are either a Port supporter or you are just a fan.

If you are just a fan then you, in my eyes, have zero right to voice your grievances in future.

Plus we are here through thick and thin. If you don't like how it is run at club level then stand for the board. If not that then put forward a name of someone who can change the club for the better from board level.

***Edited 119 times.
It is quite likely that in the last 15 years I have contributed four or five times more than you, or if not you, more than the average punter. Does that give me 60 years on you to be pissed off before you can say this?

I have clearly stated to the club that they won’t get a cent more out of me until every single senior person is gone, and stated in great detail why.

Without getting stuck in to any individual here, I grew up in the 70s and 80s, in a place that was a very different Port Adelaide.

I am utterly certain that I am acting in the same way that my grandfather would in these circumstances, except that he had the opportunity, at the club, with a few under his belt, to say it directly to their faces.

I think that talk is cheap to this group, and that they are not being held to account. I would have a very different way of dealing with this, years ago, if I had the chance.

Ken is under contract until the end of 2021. There is no way he will be sacked if we don't make finals next season. The only worry for Ken should we not make finals would be that he may have to wait until the end of 2020 to sign his next 3 year contract extension.

Ken is under contract until the end of 2021. There is no way he will be sacked if we don't make finals next season. The only worry for Ken should we not make finals would be that he may have to wait until the end of 2020 to sign his next 3 year contract extension.
Unless we were smart enough to put in a performance clause, but I doubt it as Ken wanted security.

Unless we were smart enough to put in a performance clause, but I doubt it as Ken wanted security.
If we were concerned about performance we wouldn't have offered Ken a premature contract extension when he threatened to break his contract and take the Gold Coast job.

Besides, Koch thinks Ken is a superhero. o_O

Ken lasts next year. If things go really bad then he'd exit midway through 2020. Just a feeling.

If we were concerned about performance we wouldn't have offered Ken a premature contract extension when he threatened to break his contract and take the Gold Coast job.

Besides, Koch thinks Ken is a superhero. o_O
Hinkley's extension was clearly a case of Koch not being around a football club long enough to know what good looks like.

Remember a few people (myself included) wanted Dew. The rumblings are that he's out of his depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carn GC is an absolute basketcase...it'd be a miracle to turn the club around in a year with the list he inherited

Plus being a rookie head coach and trying to rebuild that list is a massive job.

I'm not talking about on field results, everyone knows they don't have a decent list. I'm talking about people around him specifically saying that he doesn't know what he's doing.

Dew has been a highly rated assistant for ages, and he's taken on the sinkingest ship in the history of AFL sinking ships.

Hope you're right, but I can't see us paying out 2 years of his contract. It'd be something like a $2mil hit to our bottom line.

Got an email this arvo from Adelaide Oval offering me the opportunity to buy the Football Membership. I registered back in 2012 for the joint 12 month membership before it fell thru and the SACA and SANFL went their separate ways. I think I got an offer for the 2014 season in late 2013, but not 100% sure. This is definitely the first offer I have received since then.

I wonder how many people haven't taken up the offer as they cap it at 8,000? That slow uptake would be reflected in our membership count.

2014 prices Adult $550, Concession $460, Junior $270
2015 prices Adult $650, Concession $510, Junior $300 The 2 clubs split the increases for the new deal
2019 prices Adult $690, Concession $545, Junior $335

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back