D2 Division 2 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good to see you keeping a close eye on Div 2 proceedings Brainy Tim. Think you'll be able to schedule a visit to Hoe Park in 2019?

Unfortunately not, might try and get down to see new pavilion, wont be around those parts this year, umpiring elsewhere and not for the VAFA, but will be keeping an close eye on the Hoes, Friars, NOBS, YV who I suspect will be top 4 all year in 2019.

Unfortunately not, might try and get down to see new pavilion, wont be around those parts this year, umpiring elsewhere and not for the VAFA, but will be keeping an close eye on the Hoes, Friars, NOBS, YV who I suspect will be top 4 all year in 2019.

Don’t rate the teams that are coming up from div 3?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hoes look to have about 10 on the track judging by the photos on their facebook.

You'll be missed Brainy Tim.

Word is watchdog that the the Hoes have had about approx. 50 different senior age men train even though it is tempting to be swayed by the cunning red herrings on our social media. ;)
Great to hear then. A few numbers down before christmas is always good.

Don’t rate the teams that are coming up from div 3?

Ran a heap of games in div 2 this year and Whitefriars youth and pace way better than Glen Eira & Hawthorn. Glen Eira and Hawthorn need massive injection of youth to keep up with top 4. Sat with Div 2 coach at div 3 finals and hes not concerned about these 2. Yarra Valley will have potentially recruit of the year next year, if hasnt happened already.

You'll be missed Brainy Tim.

Word is watchdog that the the Hoes have had about approx. 50 different senior age men train even though it is tempting to be swayed by the cunning red herrings on our social media. ;)
did see that your 2 big ruckmen out on the track, what about Mitch Lovell? Had you guys at West Brunswick and very comptitve and loss of Nathan really hurt you that day. will be top 4 this year. and thanks for the compliment.

did see that your 2 big ruckmen out on the track, what about Mitch Lovell? Had you guys at West Brunswick and very comptitve and loss of Nathan really hurt you that day. will be top 4 this year. and thanks for the compliment.
Unfortunately Mitch is heading to Banyule in the Northern League. A good man and a big loss to the club. Mind you he only played a couple of games before he headed overseas last year so its not a loss from the year just gone.

Ran a heap of games in div 2 this year and Whitefriars youth and pace way better than Glen Eira & Hawthorn. Glen Eira and Hawthorn need massive injection of youth to keep up with top 4. Sat with Div 2 coach at div 3 finals and hes not concerned about these 2. Yarra Valley will have potentially recruit of the year next year, if hasnt happened already.
Who is the Yarra recruit Tim?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tipping the fact that GE had a dominant U/19 premiership side probably demonstrates a lack of thought in regards to this post on your part BrainyTim

Without being a smartarse , was that not the lowest grade in 19's

Bedford why don't you worry about you beloved Ormond and leave us poor underlings to talk a bit about how our clubs are going in D2. I realize none of our under 19s would get into Ormond seniors but we at GE don't really care. We will do the best we can with what we have and hopefully we may get a crack at D2 finals.

Bedford why don't you worry about you beloved Ormond and leave us poor underlings to talk a bit about how our clubs are going in D2. I realize none of our under 19s would get into Ormond seniors but we at GE don't really care. We will do the best we can with what we have and hopefully we may get a crack at D2 finals.
We had 6 under 19's in our senior premiership team Phant.

So what? They're not expecting them to be walk-up senior selections for SKOB. Young, fit, tails up fresh from holding a cup aloft - they will contribute well at this level.
I wasn't , I was just saying that they played in the lowest level to be realistic , I wasn't bagging anyone , or club. I also believe they have more 19's ready to go than many other clubs , including mine . So obviously they're got themselves set up for the future and good luck to them.

I hear hawthorn are following the GE model and starting up an u 19’s side. Anyone know if they have started training or have any recruits?

It would be very hard in that area, most juniors in that area play aps/ags. In saying that I hope they do get a side up. John Kanis when coaching Uni Blues used to say you only need to find 2 to become senior players a season to keep competitive. My club if it wasn't for our junior affiliate certainly would not be where it is now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back