2018 non-freo nonsense (aka discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring in a guy to get a side off the credibility canvas while also trying to replace two of the best batsmen in the world then sack him once the hard work is done

Yeah nice ethos you’ve got there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would help if his credibility if he didn’t play stupid cricketers and in the wrong positions

Langer will bring back Smith and Warner the moment he can and/or the moment he sees them as the best option which let’s face it will be straight away.

The issue with Langer I have is he’s done jack sh*t with a pretty strong WA side in comparison to the rest the state set up and seems to have built his reputation off mainly BBL success. Ridiculous fast bowling riches, test spinner and a top six who’ve mostly played for Australia in the past and he achieved a single one day cup victory. BBL success is great but his state record isn’t amazing.
Exactly. Hardly has the runs on the board

You dont watch much cricket do you. This indian team is decent but are being made to look good by an utterly dismal aussie top order. Handscomb and head are some of the worst test batsmen ive seen.

Pardon me for enjoying a good contest
Must suck be such an expert in everything
Tel me again how s**t it all is ?

I must admit I haven't been that interested in cricket recently especially since we lost Smith & Warner but I've caught bits and pieces of the current series and I have to admit its been very interesting to say the least. Sunday after tea was tense!

I agree the Aussies arent batting that well but at least the bowling attack is going ok. The Indians could smell blood before they got here so are up for the contest. Making for a fascinating contest IMO.

When Smith comes back he will either be the glue for the batting order again or he will be a shadow. The sledging will be merciless either way.

Langer will bring back Smith and Warner the moment he can and/or the moment he sees them as the best option which let’s face it will be straight away.

The issue with Langer I have is he’s done jack sh*t with a pretty strong WA side in comparison to the rest the state set up and seems to have built his reputation off mainly BBL success. Ridiculous fast bowling riches, test spinner and a top six who’ve mostly played for Australia in the past and he achieved a single one day cup victory. BBL success is great but his state record isn’t amazing.

Agree it’s not amazing but it’s solid

If you want a no bullshit culture then he’s your man

It’ll be interesting to see how quickly Warner does get back I don’t think he’s got a lot of fans in the establishment at the moment

Agree it’s not amazing but it’s solid

If you want a no bullshit culture then he’s your man

It’ll be interesting to see how quickly Warner does get back I don’t think he’s got a lot of fans in the establishment at the moment

He at least is playing well, Smith looks a shell of the player he was

Think the Warner being on the outer narrative is a media beat up similar to the Ross not being popular at the club. Once he's allowed back, he'll be welcomed by everyone (provided he's making runs).

I'd be perfectly happy for Warner never to represent the baggy green again. Everything I've heard about him from those a little more in the know than the average punter suggests he's a real piece of work.
I know I'm old fashioned but I prefer a bit of sportsmanship and good grace in my athletes. If its win at any cost I don't want to play.

I'd be perfectly happy for Warner never to represent the baggy green again. Everything I've heard about him from those a little more in the know than the average punter suggests he's a real piece of work.
I know I'm old fashioned but I prefer a bit of sportsmanship and good grace in my athletes. If its win at any cost I don't want to play.

That’s what I’ve heard too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

286 is not beyond India if a few of them settle. Aussies going to have to bowl very well and take any chances in the field. Hope we rattle them and go into Boxing Day with the series tied.

Best one in a while. On field banter. Momentum shifts. Speccy catches. Great bowling and some beautiful batting all on an interesting pitch. If Aussies pull off a win just about perfect test match.

286 is not beyond India if a few of them settle. Aussies going to have to bowl very well and take any chances in the field. Hope we rattle them and go into Boxing Day with the series tied.

The radio folk reckon they’ve got enough and that pitch is becoming trickier. But of course there’s the Kohli factor

in a perfect world the 3 suspended players have difficulties forcing their way back in due to the winning form of the current team

Smith is a walk on start. We need him badly. S Marsh is gone, and to retire. 35 average is pretty poor, given his run of form over the year.
Warner have no time for. He rubs a lot people the wrong way. Rather develop Harris or have Renshaw.

in a perfect world the 3 suspended players have difficulties forcing their way back in due to the winning form of the current team

Steve Smith's batting average is second only to Bradman of those to play more than 20 Tests. That's one hell of a perfect world if he can't get a game in our team!

I was lucky enough to see a talk from someone extremely high up at CA the day before the sanctions were announced, and he had a fair bit to say about Warner. He looked almost relieved that this gave CA an excuse to get rid of Warner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back