Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cain Liddle on SEN this morning. Talking preseason, some specific players, docs injury, Carlton college and memberships. Gotta say, I really like the way he goes about it. Doesn’t sell the farm or unrealistic expectations, but a great and measured communicator! He made some interesting points about how our supporter base is 25% larger than Richmond’s. Tigers are basically starting the year off with an extra $4m in the bank thanks to their strong membership base. Lots of opportunities for growth in membership for us.

Thanks FF78. I’ll check there later, or maybe the club will even upload to website.
Club will upload audio if it becomes available. Challenge is SEN is kind of in holiday mode and lot less audio interviews available in recent week so not counting my chickens yet. Do not seem to have staff uploading much compared to in season time. It worth re-checking as day goes on though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cain Liddle on GuesSEN this morning .......

Audio link:-

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=313460

blueman2012
footyfan78
- Doc to help out Cripps by taking on more off-field load
- Murph and co. providing great support to Cripps
- 3rd and 4th year players to provide team improvement, listed Weiters, SPS, Fisher, McKay, Cuningham as elite talent group coming through
- Carlton College of Sport includes 100 hours of prac at CFC
- Liddle expects in the next year or two that the AFL will allow future trades up to 2 years
- Carlton supporter base 25% bigger than Richmond, he's working to improve behind-the-scenes access as demonstrated recently with draft night (which I personally loved)
- Richmond will start the year with $4.5m more than Carlton thanks to membership base
- Liddle thinks AFLX is 'worth a try'
- Plowman likes walking around without his shirt on, Liddle coached him when he was a teenager and he's looking for big improvement in him if he can get his body right
- Bolts still on employment agreement

- Doc to help out Cripps by taking on more off-field load
- Murph and co. providing great support to Cripps
- 3rd and 4th year players to provide team improvement, listed Weiters, SPS, Fisher, McKay, Cuningham as elite talent group coming through
- Carlton College of Sport includes 100 hours of prac at CFC
- Liddle expects in the next year or two that the AFL will allow future trades up to 2 years
- Carlton supporter base 25% bigger than Richmond, he's working to improve behind-the-scenes access as demonstrated recently with draft night (which I personally loved)
- Richmond will start the year with $4.5m more than Carlton thanks to membership base
- Liddle thinks AFLX is 'worth a try'
- Plowman likes walking around without his shirt on, Liddle coached him when he was a teenager and he's looking for big improvement in him if he can get his body right
- Bolts still on employment agreement
Yeah, I heard the CFC 25% more supporters than Tigers comment and wondered where they'd be getting that figure from.

Random surveys of AFL supporters?

Tigers have a lot of supporters - I'd be surprised if we have 25% more. Be nice if that were the case though.

Yeah, I heard the CFC 25% more supporters than Tigers comment and wondered where they'd be getting that figure from.

Random surveys of AFL supporters?

Tigers have a lot of supporters - I'd be surprised if we have 25% more. Be nice if that were the case though.

They just talk more and make more noise than us. It SOUNDS as if there are a lot more of them.
Admittedly, they've had more to talk about lately than us. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back