Prediction Your rd 1 team in 2019

Sep 17, 2001
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Crows
McAdam is the unknown at this point and is hard to predict without any known AFL form. If he cracks the round 1 side when there are no injuries then we will have a beauty on our hands. If so, who misses out?

From the side you posted, if McAdam makes it IN, then IMO maybe one of Knight, Atkins, Gallucci or Fogarty would be OUT. It would depend on form, the opposition, team balance I suppose. On last year's form even Betts might be at risk of losing his spot.

crows dude

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 20, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I “liked” for the good vibes comment. Not the thought of Sauce spending more time up forward.
We need to start the transition. ROB must play 10-15 games next year. Whether its with Sauce playing or not. Maybe the 2 could rotate between SANFL and AFL so Sauce still gets to play rather than sitting out all together. He can also assist Strachan in the SANF develop. I dont mind the idea of playing both in the AFL. ROB and Sauce are both fit buggers. You can see by ROBS finish in the Long distance Run that he can run all day.

Shaz2012

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
We need to start the transition. ROB must play 10-15 games next year. Whether its with Sauce playing or not. Maybe the 2 could rotate between SANFL and AFL so Sauce still gets to play rather than sitting out all together. He can also assist Strachan in the SANF develop. I dont mind the idea of playing both in the AFL. ROB and Sauce are both fit buggers. You can see by ROBS finish in the Long distance Run that he can run all day.

My hope is that Sauce gets completely over his back and any other injuries and gives us one last season at his best level. ROB can’t match that imo. But to manage Sauce we need to give him regular spells and have a really solid look at ROB.

Unfortunately my gut tells me Sauce is cooked. It’s going to kill our season if we refuse to call it in time. So if he is cooked I desperately hope we see ROB getting at least 15 games as it shouldn’t take more than a month to internally call it.

Rob also played some Under 18's as a key back so has that ability
Could be an option against sides like West Coast that play 2 rucks, that he follows the 2nd ruckman wherever they play.

Sep 10, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings
I'm assuming Talia and Hartigan are unavailable, and that Gallucci is.

Betts - Fogarty - Jenkins
Knight - Walker - Lynch
Seedsman - Gibbs - Atkins
Milera - Doedee - Smith
Brown - Keath - Laird

Jacobs - M Crouch - Sloane

Greenwood - Gallucci - Kelly - B Crouch

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
I'm assuming Talia and Hartigan are unavailable, and that Gallucci is.

Betts - Fogarty - Jenkins
Knight - Walker - Lynch
Seedsman - Gibbs - Atkins
Milera - Doedee - Smith
Brown - Keath - Laird

Jacobs - M Crouch - Sloane

Greenwood - Gallucci - Kelly - B Crouch
4 genuine talls (>190) up forward

Only 1 in defence

:think:

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Round 1 side post Talia injury
Brown Fogarty Doedee
Laird Keath Milera
Gibbs Sloane Smith
Lynch Jenkins Knight
Betts Walker Gallucci

ROB/Himmelberg MCrouch Greenwood

Seedsman Mcadam Bcrouch Jones

Last edited:

Popleyzia

Draftee
Dec 17, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
B: Rory Laird - Daniel Talia - Luke Brown
HB: Tom Doedee - Alex Keath - Brodie Smith
C: Paul Seedsman - Rory Sloane - Wayne Milera
HF: Tom Lynch - Taylor Walker - Jordan Gallucci
F: Eddie Betts - Josh Jenkins - Shane McAdam
FOLL: Sam Jacobs - Matt Crouch - Brad Crouch

I/C: Hugh Greenwood - Bryce Gibbs - Chayce Jones - Rory Atkins

Emergencies: Richard Douglas, Darcy Fogarty, Edward McHenry, Riley Knight

Last edited:

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not sure it's been posted yet but here's a Mitch Cleary article from afl.com which AFC posted on Facebook for discussion.

http://m.afc.com.au/news/2018-12-17/who-makes-the-cut-in-adelaides-seasonopener
Mitch Cleary is clueless. Normally takes Vic journalists 18 months to catch up with who is actually in our squad as none of them watch our matches. He puts Kelly in the team over Keath lol. Do some work Cleary and look at the coaches votes last year as to who they prefer out of Keath or Hartigan. Keath and Knight definitely best 22 and likely best 15 imo. He places Doedee at CHB to obviously find a spot for kelly. Doedee is a great player but he not a key position player. Obviously Cleary did this to keep in with Craig Kelly. Kelly is not best 22 and will struggle to get a game unless injuries. Talia will more than likely be fit for round 1 and I predict will team up with Keath in the 2 key defensive posts. He leaves out fogarty who easily could play the lynch link up role or down back. Fogarty will more than likely play a majority of the season if he increases his tank over preseason. Cleary blindly earmarks sauce in for another 22 games. No mention of needing to transition another ruckman in this year with sauce likely retiring at the end of 2019. I feel ROB or Himmelberg will be transitioned into ruck for half of the season so I predict sauce will maybe play around 10 matches in 2019. I feel Jones will get 8 to 10 games most likely in place of Douglas or if Atkins drops form. All in all a lazy weak efffort Cleary, stick to VFL teams you watch each week.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2008
argentina
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not sure it's been posted yet but here's a Mitch Cleary article from afl.com which AFC posted on Facebook for discussion.

http://m.afc.com.au/news/2018-12-17/who-makes-the-cut-in-adelaides-seasonopener

WITH club lists all but settled for the 2019 season, AFL.com.au reporters have tackled the big task of picking the best 22 for each team for the opening round next season.

Adelaide
TEAM EXPLAINED:

Set to receive a big boost to the midfield with Brad Crouch back training after missing all of 2018 with osteitis pubis.

His combination with brother Matt Crouch, Rory Sloane, Bryce Gibbs and Hugh Greenwood will allow Paul Seedsman and Rory Atkins to work on the outside.

David Mackay and Cam Ellis-Yolmen will consider themselves unlucky to miss with the Crows' onball depth strengthened this off-season.

A fit Taylor Walker in attack with Josh Jenkins and Tom Lynch will offset the loss of Mitch McGovern with second-year forward Darcy Fogarty close to selection.

Kyle Hartigan's delayed pre-season ensures Jake Kelly should have first rights to the last spot in defence with Tom Doedee now a lock.

Daniel Talia has undergone knee surgery, and although he'll be in a race against time for round one, is a walk-up start when fit.

PRE-SEASON BATTLE:

It's an embarrassment of riches in the small forward division which will leave a handful of players extremely unlucky.

Eddie Betts has a mortgage on his spot, but Shane McAdam, Jordan Gallucci, Lachlan Murphy, Tyson Stengle, Ned McHenry and Chayce Jones will be fighting for two spots.

McAdam and Gallucci win out for now. - Mitch Cleary

B: Rory Laird, Daniel Talia, Jake Kelly
HB: Wayne Milera, Tom Doedee, Brodie Smith
C: Paul Seedsman, Rory Sloane, Bryce Gibbs
HF: Tom Lynch, Taylor Walker, Richard Douglas
F: Eddie Betts, Josh Jenkins, Jordan Gallucci
FOLL: Sam Jacobs, Matt Crouch, Brad Crouch
I/C: Luke Brown, Hugh Greenwood, Rory Atkins, Shane McAdam

Defender depth: Kyle Hartigan, Alex Keath, Andy Otten, Andrew McPherson, Will Hamill, Jordon Butts

Forward depth: Darcy Fogarty, Elliott Himmelberg, Riley Knight, Lachlan Murphy, Ben Davis, Ned McHenry, Tyson Stengle

Midfield depth: David Mackay, Cam Ellis-Yolmen, Myles Poholke, Patrick Wilson, Chayce Jones, Lachlan Sholl

Ruck depth: Reilly O'Brien, Paul Hunter, Kieran Strachan

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
WITH club lists all but settled for the 2019 season, AFL.com.au reporters have tackled the big task of picking the best 22 for each team for the opening round next season.

Adelaide
TEAM EXPLAINED:

Set to receive a big boost to the midfield with Brad Crouch back training after missing all of 2018 with osteitis pubis.

His combination with brother Matt Crouch, Rory Sloane, Bryce Gibbs and Hugh Greenwood will allow Paul Seedsman and Rory Atkins to work on the outside.

David Mackay and Cam Ellis-Yolmen will consider themselves unlucky to miss with the Crows' onball depth strengthened this off-season.

A fit Taylor Walker in attack with Josh Jenkins and Tom Lynch will offset the loss of Mitch McGovern with second-year forward Darcy Fogarty close to selection.

Kyle Hartigan's delayed pre-season ensures Jake Kelly should have first rights to the last spot in defence with Tom Doedee now a lock.

Daniel Talia has undergone knee surgery, and although he'll be in a race against time for round one, is a walk-up start when fit.

PRE-SEASON BATTLE:

It's an embarrassment of riches in the small forward division which will leave a handful of players extremely unlucky.

Eddie Betts has a mortgage on his spot, but Shane McAdam, Jordan Gallucci, Lachlan Murphy, Tyson Stengle, Ned McHenry and Chayce Jones will be fighting for two spots.

McAdam and Gallucci win out for now. - Mitch Cleary

B: Rory Laird, Daniel Talia, Jake Kelly
HB: Wayne Milera, Tom Doedee, Brodie Smith
C: Paul Seedsman, Rory Sloane, Bryce Gibbs
HF: Tom Lynch, Taylor Walker, Richard Douglas
F: Eddie Betts, Josh Jenkins, Jordan Gallucci
FOLL: Sam Jacobs, Matt Crouch, Brad Crouch
I/C: Luke Brown, Hugh Greenwood, Rory Atkins, Shane McAdam

Defender depth: Kyle Hartigan, Alex Keath, Andy Otten, Andrew McPherson, Will Hamill, Jordon Butts

Forward depth: Darcy Fogarty, Elliott Himmelberg, Riley Knight, Lachlan Murphy, Ben Davis, Ned McHenry, Tyson Stengle

Midfield depth: David Mackay, Cam Ellis-Yolmen, Myles Poholke, Patrick Wilson, Chayce Jones, Lachlan Sholl

Ruck depth: Reilly O'Brien, Paul Hunter, Kieran Strachan
Kelly and Rat out, Knight and Hartigan:eek: in for me

Back