Moved Thread Kayo Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

I see. Just googling around, it appears that the homeowner is free to do with it what they will. It would cost Foxtel money to remove it, especially if they had to reinstall it at a later date to the same property.
spin it around and make it into a birdbath

Just love being able to watch on the laptop

Will probably continue for a month or so and then come back for the afl season
Beats the AFL live pass which is cheaper at $100 but sucks when only available on little screens.

Debatle that its even cheaper aswell

The AFL season incl finals runs for 6 months (Excluding preseason). Even with that for 7 months you with a mate pay 7x 12.5 = 87.5 ie cheaper

Ive been using kayo as I would foxtel for a week or so now, couple of bad buffering episodes but otherwise it's been ok, not the same quality as foxtel hd but not that far off it that it pisses me off (like NFL Gamepass for example, $280 per year for 720p smh).

Rang to cancel my Foxtel last week & of course they freaked out (been with them that long I must have a shareholding by now), to cut a long story short I agreed to go onto what they call a basic plan - $10pm for a few channels I'll never watch just in case I crack the shits with Kayo come footy season when demand cranks up & they cant provide buffer free viewing (which I'm betting is a real possibility) & I can simply go back to my old foxtel package without having to go through all the rigmarole of re subscribing, getting a new iq box etc.

Ive been using kayo as I would foxtel for a week or so now, couple of bad buffering episodes but otherwise it's been ok, not the same quality as foxtel hd but not that far off it that it pisses me off (like NFL Gamepass for example, $280 per year for 720p smh).

Rang to cancel my Foxtel last week & of course they freaked out (been with them that long I must have a shareholding by now), to cut a long story short I agreed to go onto what they call a basic plan - $10pm for a few channels I'll never watch just in case I crack the shits with Kayo come footy season when demand cranks up & they cant provide buffer free viewing (which I'm betting is a real possibility) & I can simply go back to my old foxtel package without having to go through all the rigmarole of re subscribing, getting a new iq box etc.
They offered $39 per month for Sport HD so i took that.

I will get Kayo though to split with the olds who dont have sport

They've stated that (alongside the apps for PS4 and XBO) they're working on developing apps for Samsung and LG TV's which run on native OS's, rather than Android. If they manage to create solid user experiences, then I can see this kicking off. I've always found Foxtel's Go/Now offerings to be a little bit buggy, until recently, so always made it hard to justify the high costs associated with it.

There seems to be a lot of potential, and I really hope that they don't try to take any shortcuts which will result in choppy streams and/or poor UI's. If they commit the resources to executing this correctly the first time, then we won't see too many people turning away from it due to poor experiences, which only helps the collective since more revenue should hopefully mean they re-invest. We could perhaps end up with a streaming service where we get live sports and sports programs in HD (or even 4K) with a wide array of sports (potentially more than what's on offer now, if the revenue justifies reinvestment in the form of buying more NBA/NFL/[insert sport here], for example). This is what people have been asking for, for a long time. Now that they've finally listened and gotten on board, I'd hate to see it collapse due to Foxtel's usual greedy practises.

I currently have foxtel but pay the $50 a month and only really use it for sports. Being that it is in my front room and not my living room or outdoor area i have never wanted to pay extra to be able to watch it on more than one TV.

If Kayo takes off and end up with support for an Xbox app i will def be looking to scrap Foxtel and use their app.

In the meantime i will keep Foxtel till they iron out the bugs because i can imagine it going crazy one footy starts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you do that?

sync tv to radio? - start recording the game using foxtel or pvr, start your radio source (I use the broadcasts off the AFL gameday site), pause the recording to match up, usually around 10sec. Foxtel are aware people do this so started auto jumping the feed back to live (PRICKS) but one can usually get around that by viewing the recorded game not the live feed ie dont watch ch504, go to the recordings library & watch the game from there.

Anyway I guess I'll have the opposite problem when the AFL kicks off again given Kayo is on 30 sec delay & radio roughly 10 sec so I'm going to need to find a way to delay the radio broadcast. No biggie, I'll go to any lengths not to have to listen to ch7 audio & a few Foxtel ones as well.

Hi
I am from Poland, would anyone want to share a subscription to kayo?
I will send money for over month if anyone share account with me.
I will use with VPN Australia IP.
Please a contact

They offered $39 per month for Sport HD so i took that.

I will get Kayo though to split with the olds who dont have sport
Just got offered $39 a month for what we have now (paying $70). They also offered me the sports package for $35 and that $10 crap. 15 years I've been with them and nothing ever offered for loyalty until I ring up to cancel. A little worried about peak times for Kayo but whatever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back