Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mate is at it again - he's even made a list of current key forwards and their average goals per game. Daniher currently sits 12th which shocked me a little;-

1. Franklin ave goals per game: 3.2, games: 290
2. Josh Kennedy ave goals per game: 2.5, games: 221
3. Jeremy Cameron ave goals per game: 2.5, games: 130
4. Jack Riewoldt ave goals per game: 2.4, games: 249
5. Tex Walker ave goals per game: 2.3, games: 167

6. Ben Brown ave goals per game: 2.2, games: 99
7. Tom Hawkins ave goals per game: 2.1, games: 232
8. Jesse Hogan ave goals per game: 2.1, games: 71
9. Josh Jenkins ave goals per game: 2, games: 136
10. Jack Darling ave goals per game: 1.9, games: 172

11. Tom Lynch ave goals per game: 1.9, games: 131
12. Daniher ave goals per game: 1.8, games: 100

He says that doesn't even include players like Betts, Gunston, Menzel & Bruest all who have higher goal averages than Joe.
The stats really dont lie, and throw in Joe's OP issues maybe I - and probably a lot of other Essendon supporters really have and really do over rate and over hype Joe Daniher :(
Do you always refer to yourself as your mate? Also, you, need to learn about context.

My mate is at it again - he's even made a list of current key forwards and their average goals per game. Daniher currently sits 12th which shocked me a little;-

He says that doesn't even include players like Betts, Gunston, Menzel & Bruest all who have higher goal averages than Joe.
The stats really dont lie, and throw in Joe's OP issues maybe I - and probably a lot of other Essendon supporters really have and really do over rate and over hype Joe Daniher :(
How much time in the ruck have these guys spent?

You and your mate are both *******s.

.....and how many marks of the year have each of those taken?

that's the only true way to measure the greatness of any player -

Agree with most of the above - but surely lads - are we not - at least some of us guilty of over rating Joe? I don’t think he’s the 12th best key forward in the comp, but right now he is 12th in terms of average number of goals per game from key forwards. Im hoping that changes in 2019 , and have just had a case of beer with my mate who is a North supporter that Joe will kick more goals than Ben Brown in 2019

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree with most of the above - but surely lads - are we not - at least some of us guilty of over rating Joe? I don’t think he’s the 12th best key forward in the comp, but right now he is 12th in terms of average number of goals per game from key forwards. Im hoping that changes in 2019 , and have just had a case of beer with my mate who is a North supporter that Joe will kick more goals than Ben Brown in 2019

norf supporter, that right there is your problem....

I guess most people here to choose to relate to Joe's upwards trajectory he showed in his career to date and capped off with an AA. Last season can't be looked at in any sort of meaningful context as we wasn't fit at all.

Nobody here is calling Joe the best in the comp but he hasn't been able to prove his AA was a fluke or not because of injury. Let's worry about him getting fit first, then judge him on his output should he get fit.

Also your mate has played you for a fool. When does Brown leave the forward 50 other than when taking a run up for goal? Joe roams far and wide and spends time in the ruck. I'd be backing Brown to kick more goals too. Buy your mate a light as it's all he deserves for taking you for a ride.

There is absolutely no doubt Joe is overrated.
Why is he overrated?

In 2017, he dominated games. Kicking goals from everywhere. He's the most dynamic KF in the competition. The scary thing is, he has room for improvement.

If he can get his body right, he will continue on this upward trajectory he was on because of his fantastic mindset and approach to the game.

Why is he overrated?

In 2017, he dominated games. Kicking goals from everywhere. He's the most dynamic KF in the competition. The scary thing is, he has room for improvement.

If he can get his body right, he will continue on this upward trajectory he was on because of his fantastic mindset and approach to the game.
Try:
for starters, and work your way from there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

K
I get the frustration. And the experts are not infallible - not even close. But I think we have it backwards. What is the point of resting for a condition that is only sporadically painful? It doesn't make any sense.

And as for the bipedalism I think you will find that kangaroos do plenty of movement on just two legs. Emus too.

Like I said, my theory is that if the player is not in pain, they should be running. The moment they feel pain they should stop and instead relax their mind. This is what any animal - four legged or two - would do.
kangaroos have a pouch, so I’m sure everyone will agree that’s pretty different. Also, Joe D tail stew is gross.

Maybe a comparison at the same number of games would be more appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back