Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s what I have. That’s exactly why I need to buy a new bag. Mechanism keeps coming out and it shits me. The bags fallen over too many times

Big putter hole is great.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I've never had a problem during a round, its always when the bag has been lying down in the car and I pull it out.

10 times a year, soon to be weekly. Hit about 92 - 95 off the stick. Currently using those pathetic Callaway clones. Sweet spot is about 4mm
If you want to get better and you're playing as much as you will be, get something close to a blade, but not too far. You want a club that hurts a bit if you hit a bad shot, but not every time. Nothing teaches you better than a blade. Best for you to look at the JPX 900 range or the 'forgiving clubs' in the MP range. I would personally choose something from the MP range. Hit the MP 18 just for feels, it's freakin' amazing.

I've never had a problem during a round, its always when the bag has been lying down in the car and I pull it out.

Have you taken your bag onto a plane or fallen off the back of a cart thereby sustaining blows to the bag? Thats what happened to me

Ive always had problems with the generic golf buggies supplied by golf clubs. The bag is just long enough to lie down within the U shape arms. When going up and down the hills the bag moves around and sometimes the clubs end up lying against the buggy body.

A good golf instructor and a few lessons.

spot on. buying new clubs will not help if there are tweaks needed first.

Thanks Butch Harmon, that definitely answers my question.
The post is valid though. A wicked slice isn't going to be cured by any selection of clubs (first hand knowledge there). Some money spent on lessons first would be a good idea as the Pro could give advice on club selection once he/she has seen you swing a few times.

The post is valid though. A wicked slice isn't going to be cured by any selection of clubs (first hand knowledge there). Some money spent on lessons first would be a good idea as the Pro could give advice on club selection once he/she has seen you swing a few times.

Exactly. Lie angles, shaft, legth of club all influential

Sure, but still didnt answer my original question.

I think I am going with the Ping G400's

Any recommendations for a set of extremely forgiving irons that go long and straight?

I'm a lefty, fast swing speed with a wicked slice. Budget no issue

OK, lets go back to the question. You want clubs that go long and straight. Every club does that, but advice to get a lesson which morphs into a club fitting, the pro will tell you what is good for you and your game.

And remember length isnt everything.

But if you just want some new clubs etc, do NOT go past these - https://pureformgolf.com.au/pxg-5/

Have fun!

OK, lets go back to the question. You want clubs that go long and straight. Every club does that, but advice to get a lesson which morphs into a club fitting, the pro will tell you what is good for you and your game.

And remember length isnt everything.

But if you just want some new clubs etc, do NOT go past these - https://pureformgolf.com.au/pxg-5/

Have fun!
Have you hit them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure, but still didnt answer my original question.

I think I am going with the Ping G400's
They'll be fine.

Just be wary of the standard clubfitting process if you have a slice. They'll almost certainly try and fit you into very upright irons (Blue dot at least) and potentially over length. This will mask your slice somewhat in the longer irons. The trade off is that every short iron shot will go miles left.

Try to stay with a standard lie set (black dot or close to it if possible). That way if you ever want to work on your game and acquire proper fundamentals you won't be trying to do it with clubs ill suited to the purpose.

U know these generic pull buggies you find at golf clubs?

yourcaddy_large.jpg

Any had issues with the golf bag being too short and therefore not reaching the U bracket halfway up? This results in the clubs resting against the bracket.

U know these generic pull buggies you find at golf clubs?

yourcaddy_large.jpg

Any had issues with the golf bag being too short and therefore not reaching the U bracket halfway up? This results in the clubs resting against the bracket.
Yeah, that mainly happens if you use a carry bag that has the legs that come up when you put it down.

So that begs the question, 'why aren't you carrying them?'.

A good question.
Their major benefit is that the bag is light weight. Also where does the sand bucket go.

Also, have you played at The National old course before? Would you like to carry a bag there?

A good question.
Their major benefit is that the bag is light weight. Also where does the sand bucket go.

Also, have you played at The National old course before? Would you like to carry a bag there?
No, haven't played there, but I'll accept an invite! I have walked every course Ive played for 15 years though, unless I have to use a cart.
I use an old gatorade bottle (biggest top) as a sand bucket and carry it in my bag.

No, haven't played there, but I'll accept an invite! I have walked every course Ive played for 15 years though, unless I have to use a cart.
I use an old gatorade bottle (biggest top) as a sand bucket and carry it in my bag.

Thats a great idea! Ive never thought of that!

I always walk. Dont see the point in carting (unless you old or injured to extent you cant walk).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back